What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

countertop distiller to reclaim ethanol

Belenos

low qty use

low qty use

I am looking into using one of these to do personal runs and recover alcohol.

Would it be possible to place a small pyrex dish inside of this to contain the oil and make it easier to clean out/claim the oil?

I would be using 300 - 500ml of 200 proof ethanol at a time(typical runs are of 7g bud), would this work?

dybert

I am looking into using one of these to do personal runs and recover alcohol.

Would it be possible to place a small pyrex dish inside of this to contain the oil and make it easier to clean out/claim the oil?

I would be using 300 - 500ml of 200 proof ethanol at a time(typical runs are of 7g bud), would this work?

Its a stainless surface... Its extremely easy to clean out with a spatula. I wouldn't put a second container inside.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its a stainless surface... Its extremely easy to clean out with a spatula. I wouldn't put a second container inside.

When we tried using an inner pot, we had poor heat transfer making the process dicey.

You can cut to the chase, by harvesting early enough to pour it out, rather than trying to harvest hot resin (syrup), or by using a collection pot that gives you adequate access.

hash head

they make alcohol distillers like the the countertop ones for water but for alcohol.. not sure if there are any design differences but they exist and are marketed for alcohol.. looks the same as the water ones.

DemonTrich

Veteran
I used one. Works decently, and rather quick!

With the help from @graywolf

Attachments

• 20180429_102557.jpg
    20180429_102557.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20180429_102901.jpg
    20180429_102901.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Latest posts