What's new

Ordered Equipment for a tent did I forget anything?

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
I am going to run a dr150 tent. I ordered a cool sun 2 1k hood, ballast, and reflector.

I have the lighting covered only I am not sure if I have the right fans for cooling the tent.... I bought

2 six inch vortex 449 CFM (1 for air cooling hood and one for carbon scrubber in the tent)

then I ordered a six inch duct booster suncourt fan for forced intake....

So the way I figured it, I have 1 6 inch vortex exhausting air cooling the hood. Another one, in the tent connected to 6inch 40# carbon filter also exhausting.

Then I will use the 6 inch duct booster fan to get intake without using the passive intake.

Did I do that right? 6 in exhausting from hood , another 6 in exhausting from the tent through the carbon filter and the 6in duct fan for intake?

I should have asked before I ordered all this stuff but it seems right to me... just want to make sure.

G

Why not just run one fan for both the filter and cooling the lights? Then one for intake?

probably coulda went without the duct booster, but im not sure how well the intakes work on tents so.. also you could get away with only using 1 vortex imo if the temps are cool enough

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
is that going to be enough venelation\odor prevention for the 1k in a dr 150 ? If so I should cancel some of my fans I ordered 2 6inch fans, one for exhausting/tent scrubing and one for air cooling the hood. I also was going to use a 6 inch axial fan for an intake since both the 6 inches are exhausting, You think its overkill? I know a guy on here who im basically copying he knows who he is- i dunno if he wants to be known but it seems like he has a nice setup. High temps were in my last grow using 400w but i was just using oscilating fans and no vortexs, kind of trying to over size the venelation just in case- and over size the carbon for the same reason. Or is it really not necassary?

i think its overkill yes. i have a 6" vortex that cools and sucks air from a filter in a 70"H x 47"W x 20"D and temps stay below 85 degrees. do some search on people that use dr150's and peep there setups

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
yea thats what i did my friend here on ic has the same setup i bought I haven't asked him specifically about temps but im pretty sure hes got his set up perfect

well maybe 2 fans isnt a bad idea

Mr. Bongjangles said:
Hey NK..

I run a 1000w light in my 4x4 Jardin tent, with a can 33 filter, so similar to what you have in mind, and I had a poisonous Hydrohut prior to that, so I've run the same setup in one of those too.

Temps are 73-78 degrees F at canopy level, and I keep the light about 2 feet above the plants.

You'll definitely need to add another 6'' vortex to run a 1000w light, as I run 2 of those myself; 1 to the reflector at full speed and one to the filter at 75% power. I also use a 6'' inline fan for intake when I run it zipped up.

I love this setup :0]

I would avoid the Hydrohuts and Habitat tents.. I hear the Homebox tents are straight if you have your heart set on that style. Having used both, I recommend the Jardin tent for sure, though I don't care for the ducting socks and use the Hydrohut duct things.

And I feel like throwing out a pic of my Hashberry babies hehe

Good luck man whatever you decide!

dreaded

Thats the same setup i'm getting, i did some research & no... it's not to many fans considering your running 1000 watt lights.... DONE DEAL :headbange :rasta:

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
yeah thats the way I ended up going, I ordered;

Super Sun2 6 Inch Air Cool Hood
1KW hortilux
2x 6 in vortexes
and a 6 in carbon filter
fan controller
also got a 6 in axial fan for intake while lights and other fans are off

also got some cool hangers not the yo yo's they piss me off, im talking about this thing
SL-Lighthanger.L.gif
they work like blinds to make it easy to raise and lower the light

Last edited:
I'm for sure getting one of those light hangers that thing looks awesome!

Hey your going to be running one of those vortex's all the time right? The one attached to the scrubber? And the intake fan on all the time too right?

Your setup will kick ass dude.. Glad you were able to find enough odd jobs to fund for the DR 150 and the 1kw! I can't wait I'm basically gunna be buying the same exact shit you are but not for another month or so.

You gunna start a thread once you get the show on the road? Any idea what you'll be growing?

Also.. The fan that is attached to the reflector isn't exhausting any air from the tent right? It's pulling air from outside of the tent, passing through the reflector, to outside on the other side right?

yo what up nor cal, got a dr 120 ima run 2 fans also now. but im not rollin in dough like you my dude lmfao BALLIN!!!!! or @ least ima try 2 fans cause it might not be necessary. got a stanley blow fan so i might have that cooling my 600W and the 6" vortex pulling the scrubber

Gottagrow

Now although I use a DR120 with a 600 watt hps I only needed 270 cfm with an inline CF. My temps stay below 80 and I live in the desert. I think you will be fine with just one of those fans with a CF. For odor you want a passive intake no need for a seperate fan. Just keep a vacume on the tent you should be golden.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
Sleepiesthead said:
I'm for sure getting one of those light hangers that thing looks awesome!

Hey your going to be running one of those vortex's all the time right? The one attached to the scrubber? And the intake fan on all the time too right?

Your setup will kick ass dude.. Glad you were able to find enough odd jobs to fund for the DR 150 and the 1kw! I can't wait I'm basically gunna be buying the same exact shit you are but not for another month or so.

You gunna start a thread once you get the show on the road? Any idea what you'll be growing?

Also.. The fan that is attached to the reflector isn't exhausting any air from the tent right? It's pulling air from outside of the tent, passing through the reflector, to outside on the other side right?

yea run one of the 6inch vortex on the scrubber 24/7 for odor control. then have one running for air cooling the hood going in and out straight through...

the 6in axial fan will also run 24/7 for fresh night air...

the fan that air cools the hood cuts off when the light does, since it won't be air cooling anything in the dark...

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
straight reggie said:
yo what up nor cal, got a dr 120 ima run 2 fans also now. but im not rollin in dough like you my dude lmfao BALLIN!!!!! or @ least ima try 2 fans cause it might not be necessary. got a stanley blow fan so i might have that cooling my 600W and the 6" vortex pulling the scrubber

thats whats up dude, what fan are you using now. I would keep the stanley fan for keeping your attic cool and go with 2 vortexs if u can deal with having 2 vaccum cleaners running all the time lol (note vortex are LOUD)

but yea I think once the venelation is hooked up it won't be so loud. I got all my shit i am still wating on the bulb they were backordered so they got it sent out today...

some outdoor i have been smokin today, i harvested day b4 yesterday

Latest posts

Latest posts