What's new

T5 questionand Dark Room tent ventilation question

D

DroLo

Question 1:

I am trying to build a mother room and will be using this as a tent:

Dark Room DR60 - 2' x 2' x 4'7"

I want to use a T5 in it, but how powerful of a T5 do I need to keep a couple of bonsai mums kickin?

There is a 2 bulb, 4 bulb, and 8 bulb model to pick from and all fit in the tent perfect on bghydro.com

Question 2:

What kind of ventilation will I need for this tent with a T5 in it? I have no idea about flourescents other than they are much cooler than hps...

Gottagrow

I run the DR60 with 4 t5s and only use a 105 cfm fan . Looks like a pc fan but runs on 120volts (BGH sells them) temps stay just a few degrees above room temp.

rabid

Both the New Wave and Tek-Light (8-bulb) models have dual switches so you can turn either 8 or 4 lights on.

D

DroLo

Gottagrow said:
I run the DR60 with 4 t5s and only use a 105 cfm fan . Looks like a pc fan but runs on 120volts (BGH sells them) temps stay just a few degrees above room temp.

Thats exactly what I found and I was gonna ask if it would work thanks a ton :headbange

T

toodles

You don't even need to spend the bucks for a T-5 fixture. I veg plants and keep clones under 4 T-8's. You don't even need to buy that tent unless light integrity and security are concerns.

Here what I use since I don't have to worry about security.

Two shelves, each 4 feet by 16"(The bottom shelf shown is not 16x48 though). Each has a $39.00 4 tube T-8 fixture. More expensive than a shop light because it has a diffuser on it. I like the diffuser because it gives very even light across the whole shelf. No "hot" spots. NO NEED for a fan either. Very little heat. And PLENTY of light for vegging and growing mother plants. I've grown plants to 20"+ on these shelves...plenty big for a mother plant. I can move the lights and the shelves up and down. The shelves are thathat track shelving. The lights sit right on the shelf brackets. I have Panda plastic "curtains" to keep the light from being a nuisance. I have my computer and other stuff in this bedroom.

Peronally, I think buying a tent for moms and vegging is a waste of money unles you NEED to have it that way.

Last edited:

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
running a 4ft 6 bulb pioneer t5 in a clonebox L and temps are too hot in there in a basement in winter. 200 cfm sunleaves windtunnel fan used for exhaust hooked up to the small mountain air carbon filter. too damn hot. any suggestions?

KaptKid

toodles, that is a sweet looking mom and clone room. Was asking about the differance between T5 and T8 today . Of course no one knew the diff.May invest in a T8 just to ck it out.

Thanks for your input.

KK