What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New veg tent and lighting

Gottagrow

My b-day is coming up so I plan to get myself a nice set of gifts. My main problem is I don't have a big enough veg tent. I currenly have a DR120 (400mh at the moment waiting for lumatek to send my my 600w back) for flower, also a DR 40 that I have my mother in but have been using it for my clones when they are ready. But the DR40 is just too small so my gift to myself is a DR60 2x2 just for vegging my clones. Lighting will be a new wave T5 4 bulb with 6500k bulbs(at first I wanted the 8 bulb but I'm tied between the two) . Since my dr 120 is only filled with a single 2x4 table I have room to put the DR 60 inside to control smell and venting. My question is has anyone had personal exper. with the New wave T5's and should I spend the extra 100 buck for the 8 bulb rather then the 4 or will it matter that much in that small space. I've tried a 250mh in the DR40 but got way too hot and was in such a small space that I thought it was over kill.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
mothers don't need a whole lot of light compared to flowering plants if you are goign to use the fluros for keeping mother plants i bet the 4 lamp fluro would be just fine.

If you are vegging i would try a 150w CMH thats a nice cool bulb and it will work way better than the fluros. just don't flower with it i did and got leafy buds, could been the strain but i seem not to be the first one

Latest posts

Latest posts