What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Inline Fans

I need some opinions on which size inline fan i should use for my 5'L x 5'W x 6.5'H grow room... im gonna b runnin a 600watt cool tube. right now without any exaust my light keeps the room at 101 degrees. my room is 150cf if i did the math right. i want to be able to exaust the tube and push air thru a carbon filter all with the same fan. im lookin at 2 systems first one is a 4in that supposed to do 170cfm with a high velocity fan for $139... The other is a 6in system that does 450 cfm for $199... is it worth spendin the extra for the bigger fan? my other question is, is the bigger fan an overkill for my size room... But at the same time i dont want to spend the $139 and get it and find out it doesnt push enough air... the systems im lookin at are sold at HTG supply if your wonderin what im lookin at... any opinions on this would b helpful... Thanx

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
As a general starting point, CFM=watts/4. The 170 just barely covers that. Throw in ducting, curves, filters ... I'd go with the larger.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was also looking at those GrowBrite fans, but a reputable grower steered me off of them. I would consider the more pricey Can fan, or the squirrel cage fans would work great.
Whatever you do, you will never regret having too much airflow. Go big, and go 6".

AmishFarmer

My room is close in size to yours.I went with a can66 and 6 in vortex.Sometimes you get what you pay for.This is not an area to try and save a few bucks.Cheaper fans can make a lot of noise.The vortex has a 10 year warranty,that says something.

JohnnyToke

I use the Vortex fans and love them. You want to PULL air thru your scrubber for exhaust rather than push air through it.

regards,
JT

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Bigger is always better when it comes to inline fans.
I have a cab half that size and I run a 6"Elicient, they are my fovorite and indestructible practically.
If it's too strong you can hook up a ceiling fan dimmer inline with the electrical outlet, ceiling fan dimmers vary frequency to lower outpout so they don't damage the motor say by using a resistor type dimmer.
Make sure you buy the right filter for the right fan, sometimes fan/scrubber kits are a good way to save a little $.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
PS wicked fucking thread plate table (stainless steel I'm guessing)

way :cool:

no its aluminum... i can make them any size for any room.. people on here said they wouldnt work, that the salt would corrode the aluminum but i havent had any problems yet and theres no sign of corrosion

OgreSeeker

Sweet mid you got your table up and running! Looks like you may prove us wrong here cause those girls look perty darn healthy.
Anyway go with the larger fan!! Overkill is better than underkill :)

well im hopin to prove yall wrong but, its only been up and runnin for a little over a week now so i might be bein a little premature... but ill be sure to keep yall posted with new pics and such. its room 2 so dont confuse some plants in my gallery with others. my ppm's and ph have been holdin steady and theres no signs of corrosion but time will tell. when this first grow is done ill clean it out and take some pics of the empty tub and see what happend if anything. Also i put coco liner under the hydraton so it stays pretty wet all the time so if its gonna corrode it shouldnt take too long to show signs

SweetNightmare

Fucking sweet... I hope everything works out with the table would be awesome... I'm sure you could line it or coat it with something to keep it from corroding if it does...

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
They will work, the term salt is too broad a definition to be true, some salts are agressive and others in grow type concentrations won't do a damn thing.
Table salt (NaCl) is tough on aluminum but your not using sodium chloride to grow plants.

:2cents:

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
If I had kept myself from trying new things because people told me it would not work then I'd still be smoking street weed and not organic homegrown.

If you ground your table then you'll have even less effect from the corosion, alot of new pools use table salt and an elctrolytic cell to produce a form of chlorine, pool panels are aluminum and my pool retailer told me to jusr well ground my pool to prevent corosion :2cents:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you did start to see any aluminum oxide forming, you could always simply paint the inside of the pan with truck bed liner. That would make one big rubbermaid out of it.

Gottagrow

For my 600 hps I run a 276cfm with scrubber works great with my DR120 which is 3'11x3'11x6'5 temps stay around 78 but its also in an A/C house which isnt working at the moment :cuss: :cuss:

Gottagrow

I running a 6" fantech that I've had for about 5 years. Works great but a it moves alot of air so its a little noisey not the fan but the air movement.

Latest posts

Latest posts