What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PPM of water rises?

ChenBenTz

It seems like the PPM in my reservoir goes up after leaving it for a few days, instead of going down.

Using R/O water with a PPM of ~35 and nutrients to raise the PPM to 400, the PPM is now 800 in one reservoir and 1,100 in the other. I put the same amount of nutrients give-or-take in both.

What's causing this and what does it mean?

DunHav`nFun

It seems like the PPM in my reservoir goes up after leaving it for a few days, instead of going down.

Using R/O water with a PPM of ~35 and nutrients to raise the PPM to 400, the PPM is now 800 in one reservoir and 1,100 in the other. I put the same amount of nutrients give-or-take in both.

What's causing this and what does it mean?
As stated above.....We need more info to help diagnose what`s going on.....Are you recirculating your setup ?....What size are your rez`s ?....and....

Do you use small powerhead pumps to keep nutrient solution stirred to keep shit from falling out of suspension/precipitating ?....Larger rez the better for buffering , but if your plants aren`t eating then ppm`s rise and ph drops....

Without more info , X can be anything....I see you understand and make note of in a dialed setup as plants eat ph rises and ppms drop , so there`s definitely something makin shit go backwards and sideways....anyways....Good luck and.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....