What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First grow - could use advice on leaves & lights

xdeeman

Growing 2Fast 2Furious Autos in 100% perlite Hempy.

4x2x5 grow tent with 51-57%RH and temps stable at 71F (21c)
Ph is 5.8.

200w Timber Grow COB's dialed nearly almost all the way down with the dimmer. 24/0 schedule.

Black cup (larger plant) sadly is 4 weeks since germ.
Pink cup (smaller) is 2 weeks since germ

This week I started on GH Flora Nutes and, as directed, did 1/4 teaspoon of all three bottles. PH of solution is 5.8.

I can't help but think they are waaay small for their age. The COB's are dimmed way down and are about 20" from the older plant (black cup) and about 30" from the pink seedling.

While looking at the younger plant last night I noticed tiny 4 white spots on the bottom of one of the leaves. This combined with the pale splotches let me to believe it may be the start of PM - but I am honestly not sure. To be safe I lightly sprayed with a neem oil/ water solution so the leaves are a tad shiny in the pics.

Besides the small size I have the following questions:

1. Any guesses on the light colored (pale) spots on both plant leaves? I really think the larger plant is showing pale leaves overall - not just the spots. It's a pale green plant.

2. Is 1/4 tsp of GH Flora the right strength? I did notice a pretty big jump in the size when I added the nutes. I am watering every other day to every day. I did add a small amount of epson salts (about 1/4 teaspoon per gallon) to see if it will give it a bump in nitrogen and darken the pale plant. This was added just now, so I'll see how it responds. I wonder if 1/2 tsp would be cool for the next feed to see how it responds.

3. Do the lights look okay? Height and dimmed way down? Timber indicates their dimmer gives 10%-100% control. I would say I am at about 20% of max light now and they are not super close to the plants as you can see. How do you determine whether to lower the lights or increase the dimmer? The tent is 71F (21c) so heat is not a problem. I also run a fan so the plants are certainly dancing all day.

4. Any other advice? I am bummed they are so small for their age.

Thanks for any advice!!

Desert Hydro

Veteran
kind of looks like pm but hard to tell. whats your rh at? im seeing some curling up on the tips which to me indicates burn of some sort. first pic looks fine though. i would leave the light high until they seem to start growing. my COBs are super intense and i raise them high except in flower.