What's new

Lucas Formula vs. GHE Feed Chart

ChenBenTz

So, the GHE feed chart says to add 2.5ml of all three Flora nutrients per 10L for veg and up to 15ml of each per 10L for flower. This is in hydro.

Lucas formula says to add 21ml of Micro to 10L of water and 42ml of Bloom.

That's almost 9x as much nutrients. Have I missed something?

RockinRobot

Where did you get those figures? Lucas is 5/10 or 8/16 micro/bloom depending on veg or bloom. 21ml micro would be way too hot.

A. Jones

RockinRobot,I think 5/10 or 8/16 is for one gallon and not 10L. I didnt check so i can be wrong though.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Lucas Formula 8:16 is with USA GH, Not GHE

I have no idea what the GHE formulation for Lucas is and 6/9 is for coco. ;)

ChenBenTz

Lucas Formula 8:16 is with USA GH, Not GHE

I have no idea what the GHE formulation for Lucas is and 6/9 is for coco. ;)

Wow, you're right.

GH Flora feed chart says 2.5ml per gallon, and GHE Flora feed chart says 2.5ml per 10L, which is a little over 2.5 gallons..

So, is GHE 2.5 times less potent or what..?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I've been using Lucas Formula/Res-Management for 15+ years. :) I'm sorry I never looked into the GHE connection and how to mix it properly. ;(

Unagi

Those numbers on the gh feedcart are a very basic form complete nutrient that will work on most plants. This doesnt mean your cannabis will thrive tho! But it will grow a decent plant. Now that being said, the Lucas formula is tailored for cannabis plants! The dude did his research and shared it with everyone, very noble of him.

I have tried following the gh feeding chart, and i didnt like it very much. I prefer Lucas formula over that.

But there is something I found to work even better then Lucas formula for me. And that was using all three parts, but following someone called Bluehaze's recipe.

I'm using FloraGro, FloraBloom and FloraMicro @7.5ml grow 5ml micro, 2.5ml per gallon for veg and opposite for bloom

From this thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=51936

If you already have the 3 part I suggest you try one recipe for a growround and perhaps try the other recipe next round. I would not use both recipies during one grow, unless ofcourse the plants are unhappy. But thats another story.

The growth in veg was very fast with the Bluehaze recipe, on my tap water wich is 0 ec coming out it's no question which recipe grows faster in veg atleast. Can't say in flowering because I used koolbloom aswell back then.

Right now im trying the canna lineup, the whole shabang! Holy shit is their boost additive expensive, for 0.25ml it's 30$ at our hydrostore, it could probably compare to liquid gold in price :O but we'll see!