What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fox farms grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrgrO

Fishy. I just noticed tiny bugs in the salamander soil in the veg room. Way to small for me to get a pic. Bigger than mites. Close to flea size. They didn't fly when I watered. Tell me there is some indoor beneficial soil insect.

Did your tiny bugs look like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLHOZhWeqK0&feature=youtu.be
I'm using Fox Farm Ocean Forest for the first time. I noticed tiny white bugs moving across the soil. Looks to be beneficial mites.
The FFOF was mixed 50/50 with my own soil mix. My own soil mix always has fungus gnats and spring tail from the earth worm castings I use. No more! The mites from FFOF totally devoured all other creatures in the soil. The mites did start to get out of hand so I hit them with Botanigard and Captain Jacks Dead Bug Brew not to eliminate them but to keep their numbers under control.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Well, I have no idea. Gonna try to capture one somehow and look at it under microscope. Thanks for link and help.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Fishy. I just noticed tiny bugs in the salamander soil in the veg room. Way to small for me to get a pic. Bigger than mites. Close to flea size. They didn't fly when I watered. Tell me there is some indoor beneficial soil insect.

yea there is pleany of beneficial , try checking out hydro-gardens.com .
once u fined out what type bug u got ,then get the beneficials for that predator.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Local supplier just started carrying FF products. Yes I realize their product line is not cheap and I'm sure I could save by doing everything myself. However life gets in the way at times and space to cook soil and such become an issue.

I want to run a few plants indoors in soil for my next run.

Does anybody have experience with FF products? If so any suggestions/ tips would be appreciated. Open to all suggestions.

Thanks for time fam. Have fun be safe
1BadFish

i dident read the hole thread, but i got a few :laughing:
i used happy frog on some tester seeds[ first time i used it] that shit was too hot for seedlings, it took about a mounth to get them going again lol
but my next bag same batch i used clones in they did just fine.
i cant get it now but if i could ide mix it 50/50 with pro mix same with ffof.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
O one thing i found out about these organic mix soils first off there not organic lol & most have bugs of some kind good or bad.
just messing with u on the organic
bugman:tiphat:

Badfishy1

O one thing i found out about these organic mix soils first off there not organic lol & most have bugs of some kind good or bad.
just messing with u on the organic
bugman:tiphat:

lol thanks bugs. Gonna mix some happy frog next seed run see if maybe can cut the heat a bit.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
dood, organics is cool and all, but if you aint a cash cropper in a legal state, I personally go with the spirit rather than the letter
dont kill the microbes
try as much as possible to avoid harsh chems
but really, weed cant even be called organic legally in this country because schedule1
so if you aint growing for dispensaries or patients

do what you gotta do when you gotta do it and fuck that hippie dippie shit
you eat pesticides and foul shit everyday in your diet anyways
hell i lick my wifes asshole for kicks, i aint dead yet fwiw
keep shit in perspective and deal with what comes your way as its dealt to you,
fuck everyone else

little tiny white bugs crawlng through your root balls are springtails
they are NOT pests, they are the macro of your living soil, the janitors so to speak
they eat the dead roothairs and other larger detritus, do not try to eliminate them
organic soil doesnt really have fungus gnats much, i had those only in hydro

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
lol thanks bugs. Gonna mix some happy frog next seed run see if maybe can cut the heat a bit.

i found tha HF is a heavy conpact soil & will hole alot of water, thats why i would add some other lighter fluffer soil to help airate the mix.
what size cup/pot u start your seedling in ,before u up pot to final pot?

Badfishy1

Boyd- yep finally w power as of 3 days ago. Thanks for any knowledge dropped!

Bugsy- I typically place seeds in 5" little pots and that's where they stay until up potting

nickman

Veteran
I've been using fox farm products for my last few grows with a good quality outcome...

I mix the ocean forest with the happy frog at about a 60%~40% ... happy frog being the 60%•••...
I don't use any added notes until I start flowering them... I beg for at least a month or so, usually two months...

Badfishy1

I've been using fox farm products for my last few grows with a good quality outcome...

I mix the ocean forest with the happy frog at about a 60%~40% ... happy frog being the 60%•••...
I don't use any added notes until I start flowering them... I beg for at least a month or so, usually two months...

Thanks for input m8

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Boyd- yep finally w power as of 3 days ago. Thanks for any knowledge dropped!

Bugsy- I typically place seeds in 5" little pots and that's where they stay until up potting
in that case ide pot the seedling in a lighter soil then go in str8 HF, FFOF, u want burn your plants.

Also bugs, any experience with their salamander soil? Or should I just add some perlite to make lighter?

ive never seen or heard of salamander soil, but im sure its a heavy compost soil like HF,FFOF.
I dont like perlite but yes u could.

Badfishy1

in that case ide pot the seedling in a lighter soil then go in str8 HF, FFOF, u want burn your plants.

ive never seen or heard of salamander soil, but im sure its a heavy compost soil like HF,FFOF.
I dont like perlite but yes u could.

Yes learned how hot first time straight into ffof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts