What's new

Coco runoff PH very low

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Checked the PPM and PH of runoff recently and had very low readings. Fed 600 PPM and 6.2 PH, and runoff is 4.8 - 5.3 PH and 350 - 450 PPM. Some of the plants look screwed. From pictures in infirmary forum, looks like phosphorous lockout from cold temperatures. Lowest temps might hit 67F.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thinking about killing off entire crop. Only 12 days into flower.

Andyo

Veteran
water bicarbonates zero ?

water bicarbonates zero ?

Thats probable cause and nutrient formulation and coco type id add 10% or 20% mineral water to feed for a couple of days the bicarbonates will buffer solution and bring ph back up in pots.
Ive used chalk also before in a soft water area.A

Loc Dog

Veteran
Thats probable cause and nutrient formulation and coco type id add 10% or 20% mineral water to feed for a couple of days the bicarbonates will buffer solution and bring ph back up in pots.
Ive used chalk also before in a soft water area.A

I will pick some up tomorrow. Our well water is 250 PPM, and high in calcium and iron. Would that be as good as mineral water?

Thanks!!!

Loc Dog

Veteran
yes id assume the calcium is calcium carbonate.A

I have some garden lime in supply closet, which is 52% calcium carbonate. Would that be good?? If so do you know how much per gallon?

Thanks again!!!

:tiphat:

doob

are you feeding daily? Ph drops like crazy if the coco is left to dry out at this stage. If it was me, i would be flushing them a few times with 1.3EC 6.4ph. Then once the ph is back to 6ish, your nute lock out should disappear and they should be OK (it is due to ph not temps)

doob

ph-nutrient-chart.jpg

This chart shows you if you havent seen this. You can see that Phosphorus uptake suffers most at your ph levels...

maimunji

I noticed low run off ph 4.8 -5.0 when my run off ppm is high than input and if i reduse feeding streight and ppm run off is low than input ph start to raise. I flush like crazy every week until ph and ppm of my run off is same like input, but only after day of heavy feeding and run off ph drop again and ppm run off goes up. I just stop worried I noticed deficiency starts if I feed light so i pomping ppm like crazy 1100 ppm every day and no more def. Run off ppm is 2000 ppm and ph run off is 4.5. Crazy....
What is distance between lamp and canopy level what light? Try to rise bulb a little. New growth appear purple when temp outdoor drop below 10°c but in the middle of summer!!??

Last edited:

Loc Dog

Veteran
I noticed low run off ph 4.8 -5.0 when my run off ppm is high than input and if i reduse feeding streight and ppm run off is low than input ph start to raise. I flush like crazy every week until ph and ppm of my run off is same like input, but only after day of heavy feeding and run off ph drop again and ppm run off goes up. I just stop worried I noticed deficiency starts if I feed light so i pomping ppm like crazy 1100 ppm every day and no more def. Run off ppm is 2000 ppm and ph run off is 4.5. Crazy....
What is distance between lamp and canopy level what light? Try to rise bulb a little. New growth appear purple when temp outdoor drop below 10°c but in the middle of summer!!??

In 7 foot tent. Just attached the HPS to rails at top with string, to get as high as possible. Have an LED at each end on hangers. Will attach them to rails with string tonight, which will be about a foot higher.

I fed 6.9 PH and 900 PPM, then 6.5 PH 800 PPM for 2 days. Will drain water from under them tonight, and try a normal feed. After this coco grow, I am back to flood and drain hydroton. Coco is too many headaches, and have not had 2 crops turnout the same, using the same clone cut.

Lesterburnum

250 is pretty hard. I'd bet it's the well water. Get nutes that are made for hard water.

All the calcium is locking out the phosphorous.

Loc Dog

Veteran
250 is pretty hard. I'd bet it's the well water. Get nutes that are made for hard water.

All the calcium is locking out the phosphorous.

He was suggesting adding calcium too raise the PH. I always feed with RO at about 5 PPM.

Levitationofme

I am no expert but if the above advice isn't helping enough try an enzyme product and or some Yucca extract.
SLF-100 is what I use. I never had to flush as much as it seems you are. Between those 2 you will keep the salts from building up.

It would be expected that the PPMs would go down as the plants use the food.

Buddler

Veteran
are you feeding daily? Ph drops like crazy if the coco is left to dry out at this stage. If it was me, i would be flushing them a few times with 1.3EC 6.4ph. Then once the ph is back to 6ish, your nute lock out should disappear and they should be OK (it is due to ph not temps)

Good point , I would try cutting the well water down as well and throw a heater in there get nite temps up ..:tiphat:

Loc Dog

Veteran
Good point , I would try cutting the well water down as well and throw a heater in there get nite temps up ..:tiphat:

I always feed RO. Someone mentioned calcium could help with PH drop. Thought maybe my well water, since it is heavy in calcium, but never did it.

I have some plants that look like shit, and more that are producing. Only one month left, than all hydro, except maybe mother plants.

Weeded1s

Quit checking the runoff and start using the search button on this site. I promise youll be better off!