What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Something seems off if ur not able to cool ur room DB. Many use between 4-5000 btu for ea 1kw light. This should work.

4kw room=16-20,000btu

i'm trying to cool 3 rooms is the problem hammer . the veg room runs at 80 degrees constantly , the flower room runs at 84 degrees at lights on . the lung room with the 24k going will keep the veg just below 80 , the lung room around 73 & the flower room at lights off at 73 . once the lights kick on , all 3 rooms will even out at around 82 to 84 degrees depending on how hot it outside .
what my plan is ... is to put the portable in place in the lung room right across from the flower room intake & set that to kick on at 78 degress ...... haven't done it yet , so i really dunno if it will work as planned or not . but it should kick on as the lights in flower kick on & the flower room intake should pull more cold air in enough to keep it below 80 ........ should ...... :dunno:

just pissin in the wind here untill i get it hooked up & the outside temps go back up ..... its pretty cool outside these last couple days .

theres 6 lights in flower , not 4 , even though they're all turned down to 50% right now .
veg room has 2 315CMH in open hoods , they're turned down too , plus 2 8 bulb T5 racks & 5 2 bulb 4' T5 racks & a 2 bulb 2' t5 over the cloner ....... them t5's are my problem ! the heat they throw off is rediculous ! perfect for the winter months !!! provides enough heat i don't have to suppliment any except in the flower room , but summer time ....... way to fuckin hot !

Last edited:

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does your lung room have any air leaks? Or maybe dont use a lung room and put that mini split right in your flower room?

no leaks anymore , all have been sealed up ...... & no place to ventilate the exhaust heat or water from the portable in the flower room . the mini is already installed in the lung room , i'm not moving it now !!! if anything , i'll replace it with a 36K btu as they use the same line set , all i'd have to do is get a bigger power wire to the outside unit .

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Here’s my first run with Blue Dream @ 71 days. I will say she ain’t much to look at until you cut off all the damn leaf! This bitch is beyond leafy! I was in trimming hell earlier today with her. She smells great and I can definitely tell the bag appeal should be good like ppl say.

This ones for you, Doc!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm trying to cool 3 rooms is the problem hammer . the veg room runs at 80 degrees constantly , the flower room runs at 84 degrees at lights on . the lung room with the 24k going will keep the veg just below 80 , the lung room around 73 & the flower room at lights off at 73 . once the lights kick on , all 3 rooms will even out at around 82 to 84 degrees depending on how hot it outside .
what my plan is ... is to put the portable in place in the lung room right across from the flower room intake & set that to kick on at 78 degress ...... haven't done it yet , so i really dunno if it will work as planned or not . but it should kick on as the lights in flower kick on & the flower room intake should pull more cold air in enough to keep it below 80 ........ should ...... :dunno:

just pissin in the wind here untill i get it hooked up & the outside temps go back up ..... its pretty cool outside these last couple days .

theres 6 lights in flower , not 4 , even though they're all turned down to 50% right now .
veg room has 2 315CMH in open hoods , they're turned down too , plus 2 8 bulb T5 racks & 5 2 bulb 4' T5 racks & a 2 bulb 2' t5 over the cloner ....... them t5's are my problem ! the heat they throw off is ridiculous ! perfect for the winter months !!! provides enough heat i don't have to supplement any except in the flower room , but summer time ....... way to fuckin hot !

Single head Mini split wont work for 3 separate areas.. You would need a Multi-Zone system. For ea 1kw used u need 4-5000 btu. Add up how much KW is used in ea room. u can then cal whats needed to cool it. Always use MAX heat loads when calculating.

Summertime heat is why I shut down. PGE rates are ridiculous here in cali.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
it will if i have a unit big enough to handle it . the veg room & flower room are ventilated (exhaust & intake ) into my main room (lung room ) .theres no heat from lights or equipment in my lung room .
my biggest problem is the building is block & concrete & once they heat up from outside sources , they hold the heat . even though all 3 rooms are sheetrocked & isulated , the outside temps make a big difference on the heat inside the building . the building sits wide open to the elements . & the sun beating on it all day heats it up pretty good .

lung rooms work very well in keeping the temps constant in the rooms vented to them , if theres enough cooling & heat to keep them in spec ..... i just dont have enough cooling yet . i underestimated how much it would take to cool these rooms off is all .
if my lung room was smaller , i'd probably have less problems than i have keeping it cool , but its a pretty big room .

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Chopped my 3 CBanana plants. I hope they will be dry enough this week end to sample. The Detroit cup is this week end and I want to get them out to some people who post here to test and see what they think.

Here are the buds rough trimmed and hanging on racks. The main part of the racks are 2 foot by 4 foot. And 2 of the racks have a 2 foot by 1 foot rack added to the top to get more buds hung up.

Each rack is a different plant.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
What’s the smell on them so far ich? So it seems like the S1s do not have as bad of an issue with intersex problems as first thought? Nicely done. What are your thoughts Hammer....seems like more growers that post here have had straight females vs issues.

Evening folks.....time to eat...smoke...relax...dab and then sleep...wore out from the weekend

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
What’s the smell on them so far ich? So it seems like the S1s do not have as bad of an issue with intersex problems as first thought? Nicely done. What are your thoughts Hammer....seems like more growers that post here have had straight females vs issues.

Evening folks.....time to eat...smoke...relax...dab and then sleep...wore out from the weekend

I have a bad sense of smell. But two are more fuel smell and the 3rd is a mix of fuel and fruit. I am hoping it dries enough so some one with better smell can give a better description.

I had mites with these in the beginning when put into flower, they had fungus gnats as well, I left the door open twice over night and they got weak light, and I dried the pots out twice in flower. Not one nanner showed up. I did not see any seeds either. They seem to be fine to me and not hermie prone. I mean I gave them a chance. Besides all those thing I hacked half the plant off when they went into flower and another third at about 5 weeks into flower.

Buds seem to be of good density. Not so dense they will rot but still pretty solid.

The only thing I see that I would like is a little less leaf when trimming. It is not terrible though.

I grew these from seed under LED lights. I dont think they seen any other light.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran

veg room has 2 315CMH in open hoods , they're turned down too , plus 2 8 bulb T5 racks & 5 2 bulb 4' T5 racks & a 2 bulb 2' t5 over the cloner ....... them t5's are my problem ! the heat they throw off is rediculous ! perfect for the winter months !!! provides enough heat i don't have to suppliment any except in the flower room , but summer time ....... way to fuckin hot !

I have two room set up set up with an AC. One room is 2k and the other is 1k, they are small rooms. The rooms share the AC, one runs when the other room is off. The AC is ducted into the 2k room instead of the "lung room area". The Box is also insulated along the walls and not the top of the box.

Are you venting any of your hot air outside? I recall seeing in many of your pictures, your set up for your ducting/venting of your grow rooms. You duct your room air out via your carbon filter that sits on the floor that' Y's to two rows of ducted hoods . Have you thought about adding in a second duct lineb(that pulls in air with out pot smell) just for venting your hot air?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chopped my 3 CBanana plants. I hope they will be dry enough this week end to sample. The Detroit cup is this week end and I want to get them out to some people who post here to test and see what they think.

Here are the buds rough trimmed and hanging on racks. The main part of the racks are 2 foot by 4 foot. And 2 of the racks have a 2 foot by 1 foot rack added to the top to get more buds hung up.

Each rack is a different plant.

View Image

i need to figure out how to grow my plants that way! pre trimmed and hanging already? that's nice!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some garden pics from the other night...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

CBS1 aren't any worse than any others S1 seed line. After growing others there's hermie as well. In some its pretty bad. I probably jumped the gun a bit but that fine. I would rather pull a project then to have people growing a bad seed line.. I have allot of cbs1 seeds left. I will just hang onto them. I do have 2 in veg now.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
now for a true new mexico any road bike!

drop bar,bluto equipped,1x11 washboard slaying monster suv!
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

added some wolftooth b.r.a.d. (bottle relocation accessory device) stuff...