What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Odd leaves

Gottagrow

I have a bubble a couple weeks old that is growing so odd looking leaves. Its a soil grow with bone and blood meal in the mix. Watering when the pots feel lite. I also use General Hydro floragro , florabloom and floramicro mixing into my water but not to often. I thought it looked like a deficiency but don't no what kind.

TrinZilla

A Potassium deficiency sometimes looks like that . But it would've started with just the tips of every leaf yellowing. Then it advances to an outline of burn similar to what your seeing but its hard to tell for sure. hope and pray its not a virus. It may be possible the plant got too much nutrients or too low of ph. Check the run off water for ppm and ph to rule that out.

Gucci

This shouldn't be potassium def. as it should start showing signs first on older leaves. Could be over-fert. or a ph problem but kind of looks too nasty for that. Likely a disease/virus.
You should give more info if you wanted someone to give you a better answer.

papaduc

Veteran
Its a soil grow with bone and blood meal in the mix.

I also use General Hydro floragro , florabloom and floramicro mixing into my water

Do one or the other of those two, not both. If you're going to use the GH hydro stuff, you should use that alone and not go the organic route of using blood and bone.

Blood&bone is a slower release food which stays in the soil until it's all broken down and used. Usually you'd top dress or break up the top inch of the soil and ruffle it in, then water as usual with plain water and the occasional tea or seaweed or whatever..

Ready to use compost already has enough nutrients in it, and adding blood and bone will usually make it too hot. If you've used a big percentage of coco, or something inert like fytocell or perlite etc, then you can add a bit to keep the plant going... but other than that you should just use your store bought compost out of the bag if you're not confident about what you're doing.

If you want to use hydro nutes like GH, then my advice is not to use compost at all. I don't see the point. Use coco and an ec pen.

Compost and organic growing revolves around the breakdown of nutrients into plant-available forms... it's all about the micro nutrients and enzymes, the different acids and micro life you wouldn't usually get in hydro, such as those from worm casts, manure and other organic matter.

When you add chemical salts you've just bypassed all of that. The chem nutes are immediately available, need no breaking down, and do nothing for the micro-life contained in the pot.

When you grow organically, you rely on the microbial populations to keep everything happy and out-compete the anaerobic bacterias and fungus which will otherwise create disease. If you destroy that population, you've lost the basis for organic growing.

Use plain water to flush your pots through, then decide how you want to grow. If you want to go organic, use teas to restore the balance of microbes in the soil and use an organic feed, and leave the GH stuff completely alone.

If you want to use the GH stuff, forget all about the blood&bone and other organic additions.

Latest posts

Latest posts