What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

!!!GRAVITY USER WARNING!!!

stick to the tried and true you can grow pounds and pounds of quality dank without getting into doctor frankenstein nutes that'll turn you nugs into all kinds of crazy shit

don't let greed cloud your vision

MDT

I can confirm that the symptom is caused by reusing medium that was treated with bushmaster, the shit just won't wash out and will stunt your plants. This was also discussed in another thread, search for bushmaster.

Dmafioso13

I used gravity and harvested today 1/9/09. The results were amazing. My buds are dank. They are full/ compact/ firm nugs. It added quite a bit of weight. What looked like a dub weghed out to 2.6 g. But the nugs are so crystally and aeromatic nobody will complain. On 4 plants we yielded 1200g wet. Much more than expected. Should be 10oz dry of power ass weed. I was very conservative and used 7mL for just about 10L of water. My ppm was 800 but that was with AN connoisseur,which by the way is the shit! Switched from dyna-grow to AN Connoisseur for last 3weeks of flower and girth doubled by using AN's "connoisseur" in conjunction with 2 feedings of gravity. The second feeding of gravity I used justwater/floranectar at300ppm. My friend said cut ur Nutes to to 1/3 of normal feed when using gravity. We didn't raise the lights at all like the directions state but we were fine. I got it for free and did as told by a veterangrower. Best kept secret for making $. Always use the general rule of thumb. "in growing less is often times more."

Last edited:
S

split kooks

id have thought that from the beginning, just dont reuse meduims that have been subjected to anything beside organics, especially chems like BM, GRAVITY, or PMAXX. shitty dude

S

Shan Diego

I love Humbolt County's Own's Products...sweet results when I used as directed. Thanks for the heads-up on the no re-use though...I'd a made that mistake for sure...

BlindDate

Veteran
That plant looks more like it was overfed with nitrogen out the ass.// can you explain your growing conditions like PPM how big the plants were when they started this issue and what the ppms were how often fed and so forth?

Thanx Stitch, but I know what I'm doing. And, if it were some kind of nutrient imbalance, it was forced by the Gravity.

Last edited:
Just got Purple Maxx and was thinking of getting Gravity as well. Only a week and a half or so into flower so still have a few weeks to decide if we are going to use it or not. Will definitely post up results based on using both of them when I get around to making a diary.

M

manwithnoname

bump

i just got some gravity. was going to use it in my ebb and flow buckets. i reuse my hydroton though and dont want residue left over after i wash it. any more thoughts on gravity with hydroton?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Oh no don't get me wrong, I was just commenting on the picture! I am sure you know lots about growing; my post was not intended anyway to give advice. I was asking questions about this as I love learning new things and all.

Do you have a site about BM gravity?

How often were you using it and what directions did it say to do and what was in BM gravity?
Can you give a little more details about how you used it and how it ended up screwing your plants up?

BongRipkenJR.

I am growing outdoors and am going to be using Gravity and Snowstorm with Maxi bloom and botanicair sweet. I also use sub culture M and an Em-1 folier spray. I have heard people say they either love or hate the humboldt line of finishers. I have heard all the negs and positives, but will someone tell me how to properly use it on outdoor plants that are looking to harvest 2-3 pounds a piece? http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=134348 That is the thread that has info about my outdoor and pictures. Those are 6 foot fences btw, so you get an idea of the size of the plants.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Dude, I seen a lot of problem with gravity, everytime does the same stuff.......

Sucks when they put crap on the market :p

BongRipkenJR.

Okay, from what I have gathered it seems like Gravity is only supposed to be used for a week or so and you have to cut your nutrient uptake by half. Also it seems as if you have to use quite a bit less gravity than what they say. I guess it brings your plants to the point of no return if you use it for too long so you have to use it the week before you start your flush. Also you have to to make sure they get a healthy watering before and after(Not the same day though). Noobs will fuck things up with this product, but the more experienced growers seem to love it. Hippies hate it also because hippies seem to love fluffy, leafy, stem ridden buds that are chalk full of molasses. Can someone please provide some information on safe soil use?

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
I have to disagree i've found that Gravity and purple maxx will give you great results... burn your plants they will if you overdue it or use with extra strength nutes and forget to cut back but the stuff works i have some dense dense heavy nugs going on my grape romulans right now and the purple maxx as a foliar spray i can see why they call it "snow storm" over night or at least it seems that way. I doubt i'll ever grow without gravity or purple maxx again. If i wasted $25 on each 8 oz bottle i would be quick to say they suck and stay away but man I can't they worked just how they said it would on the bottle more weight more resin production. IM IN SOIL (FFOF)

BongRipkenJR.

Safe soil use.... can you be more specific?

Yeah, I am growing outdoors, some in containers and some in the ground. I am using happy frog soil. I noticed a lot of people only share their results with hydro grows when it comes to this stuff. I want someone to tell me how it worked on soil for them.

So the problem is that when you reuse the coco there is gravity still left in it that the young'ns can't handle?
Possible could you start them in nice fresh coco and when they are good and strong transplant into the coco you want to reuse. when you go to pot up transplant into the gravity coco instead of throwing it away. Maybe transplant into it right around the time that you would want to apply gravity.
I know its a late responce but I just had a thought!
I have used low doses of BushMaster with good results and reused the coco with no probs at all. Using 6 micro 9 bloom GH flora. Similar to Rez and Heads formulas. I have not used gravity tho.

Latest posts

Latest posts