What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

!!!!! BE VERY CAREFUL !!!!!

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
JUST WANT TO TELL EVERYONE TO BE VERY CAUTIOUS WHEN DEALING WITH EQUIPMENT IN OPERATION.

i was fiddling with my 12" vortex earlier while it was on(cleaning, ect) and i picked it up without thinking, my finger went in the part that inhales the air......and chopped a piece of it off...

not the first time ive chopped a piece of finger off, last time was in the rail of an electric garage door...which was much worse and needed sowing back on...this time it took a good chunk out but not to the bone, so thankfully i dont have to go to the hospital...ill just change bandages every few hours...

AGAIN...BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN WORKING AROUND EQUIPMENT IN USE....OTHERWISE YOU MIGHT BE JOINT ROLLING HANDICAPPED LIKE ME:comfort:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmmmm........it doesn't happen to be the finger that you have displayed in your avatar, is it? Try squirting some vitamin E on it - it works wonders. Hope it heals quickly, Joe.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
fuckin shitty deal Joe, I ve almost knock myself out in a grow room b4 , standing up under a crazy shelf that I built, cut my head went down ,......
but not out
TS

C

Classy@Home

Owwwww - saw a co-worker take the finger tip off right at the first knuckle once...

We were cleaning apple peeling/coring/cutting machine - there was a chunk of apple not getting knocked out w/ the high pressure hoses we were using, so he reached out w/ his pointer (index?) finger to poke it loose, and whammo...

Took it off clean as a whistle - never found the tip...

My little brother lost a smaller bit of finger in a rolling truck door - he has a blunt pointer finer - no nail, squared off...

Owwwww...

SacredBreh

Was drunk one night......

Was drunk one night......

Lost my balance and fell backwards into a 65 gallon DWC.... all my ballasts were mounted high, pumps up on a shelf, but 2 fans on the floor. I always use surge protectors and GFCI breaker outlets. Would have fried me on the spot except the GFCI kicked immediately. Never any equipment on my floors ever now.:comfort:

Peace

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
turn off all equipment when doing maintenance. You better go get that looked at

hell nah, joe fresh's first aid is the shiznit, lol...step 1- rinse with water(fuck that burns) step 2- bandage up with huge oversized bandage(to prevent anydirt getting in, bigger is better even though it may look stupid), step 3- change bandage every 6 hours at most...

ive done alot worse before, if its one thing i hate more than being hurt its going to the docs....

a few years ago i though i had meningitis(spelling??) and went to the hospital, my mom came because she was really worried, had a fever of 105...6 docs trying to convince me and trying to convince my mom to get me to take blood tests...i refused

i figured i had meningitis when i was a baby and fought it off so ill just fight is off again, if i die then thats it...i got this mentality from my dad...when young if i would get hurt and wanna go see the doc my dad would say "forget the doc, come here ill make it better, where does it hurt? ill hit the other side so you wont think about it anymore" lol

was better with in a week..i got a very very strong immune syste just from stuff like that, the more you go to see the doc the more stuff they give you the less your body has to work to repair its self, then weaker it becomes...just like muscles, then less you use them the weaker they become:ying:

needless to say if i cut a limb off where im pissing blood to the point where i cant get it to stop i will go get stitched up, im not stupid, lol....

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY...even in this business...you want to walk home at the end of the day...NOT IN A BODY BAG...be especially careful with electricity.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
ya often i feel like this
workplace_safety.jpg

as for electricity, i think we all know how that goes

d24f41dbfda2b68df8b2911f7ac444c1_XL.jpg

we dont want someone like this helping us though thats for sure, lol

[YOUTUBEIF]OpMsIk28CYg[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strangely enough, the first thing that went through my mind when I read your post was a mental image of your relay panel. I know, it's safe because you're the only one that works on/around it. lol. :)

i got this mentality from my dad...when young if i would get hurt and wanna go see the doc my dad would say "forget the doc, come here ill make it better, where does it hurt? ill hit the other side so you wont think about it anymore" lol

That sounds exactly like my dad. lol (damn I miss him)

Hope it heals fast for ya.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^ absolutely I have made many mistakes in the grow room when im medicated. Always have a clear head working around dangerous stuff. If your not sure ask here we have a some great people that will help you..

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Damn Joe ! So sorry to hear this! Heal fast my friend! Need to be extra careful with anything operating lol all the best to you and yours

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
JUST WANT TO TELL EVERYONE TO BE VERY CAUTIOUS WHEN DEALING WITH EQUIPMENT IN OPERATION.

i was fiddling with my 12" vortex earlier while it was on(cleaning, ect) and i picked it up without thinking, my finger went in the part that inhales the air......and chopped a piece of it off...

not the first time ive chopped a piece of finger off, last time was in the rail of an electric garage door...which was much worse and needed sowing back on...this time it took a good chunk out but not to the bone, so thankfully i dont have to go to the hospital...ill just change bandages every few hours...

AGAIN...BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN WORKING AROUND EQUIPMENT IN USE....OTHERWISE YOU MIGHT BE JOINT ROLLING HANDICAPPED LIKE ME:comfort:

If it plugs in the wall and you need to repair it rule #1 B4 you ever take a panel off is unplug it. I have even seen some loose digits with unplugged items BUT you would have to know these folks.

Your pain is felt and hope many learn to simply cut off the power b4 you tinker.

Tinkeridos has killed more than a few in it's time as well.

Be Careful
Mr.Wags

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
ya lets just say lesson learned quick, lol

and i actually just took it off the filter to replace the filter and decided to lay it on the floor on its side and let it run for a min to check eficiency and it fell over, as it fell i grabbed it from the wrong end....

I did the same thing a while back. Lifting an 8" Vortec, forgot it was on, reached around and in with my fingers and ZIPPP! Hamburgered 2 fingertips. Luckily i was able to piece it all back together and it healed without infection. Wounds were deep, to the bone, still don't have feeling in one of the tips.

Those inline fans you do NOT want to mess with, not while they're on at least.

Latest posts

Latest posts