What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tumble Now Rotator Dry Sifting Machine

C

Chamba

If I plan to tumble my buds, should I bother trimming them at all or just dry them untrimmed?

I don't think giving buds a tight manicure before tumbling is the best way, one way is to trim off any leaves that have little or no resin on them and then grind the buds down to a little bigger than joint rolling consistency, remove the stems and start tumbling. the smaller the bud is ground down, the greater the yield and the lower the quality will be.

My kitchen and my Tumble Now were covered in tiny white static clingy pieces of styrofoam. Truly a pain in the ass to cleanup. It was in every nook and cranny of the Tumble Now.

a heavy duty vacuum cleaner might work if these are little tiny bits of styrofoam?
...another way is to place the whole thing in a giant plastic bag and shake each piece then remove it, this will make each part free of prevent the styro and the room will stay clean.

Happy Hashing!

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
My kitchen and my Tumble Now were covered in tiny white static clingy pieces of styrofoam. Truly a pain in the ass to cleanup. It was in every nook and cranny of the Tumble Now.
Happy Hashing!

i dont know why shippers still use this shit, which will be around for 1000 yrs after we are gone...

much better for the enviroment is popcorn... it works just as well as styrofoam, and u can throw it in the backyard for the birds,squirrels,rabbits, chipmunks,rats... depending on where u live:laughing:

N

NicholasSmokes

a heavy duty vacuum cleaner might work if these are little tiny bits of styrofoam

I don't have one, but my Dust Buster cleaned up a lot of it. However, it tends to cling to corners and hard to reach spots. Fresh Headies could do a lot better on the packaging without much effort or expense.

N

NicholasSmokes

I don't think giving buds a tight manicure before tumbling is the best way

I have a crop that will be harvested in about three weeks. I'll cure some with only a very light trim and see how tumbling goes.

C

Chamba

i dont know why shippers still use this shit, which will be around for 1000 yrs after we are gone...

they use it cos it's cheap, easy and fast

and it will last more like 10,000 years rather than 1000 years

...styrofoam will eventually be banned as a packaging material and more environmentally friendly materials will be used in place of it.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nature makes animals to make stuff it wants, and the animals dont see the bigger picture. nature created humans because it wanted plastic and styrofoam, we just dont see it. lol

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
I'm lazy and never liked the idea of bubble bags. So much work. This I would buy. Great documentation Mr. Bongjangles. Sold me on it.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

Feb2006er

nature makes animals to make stuff it wants, and the animals dont see the bigger picture. nature created humans because it wanted plastic and styrofoam, we just dont see it. lol
Man created the trichoderma that can eat nylon and another subspecies that can eat styrofoam. I imagine that nature will, on it's own, make mutagenesis happen where those preferred characters of those subspecies will be a natural occurrence.

Dovepistil

Every highway you've ever driven on has someone with a dry sift machine in its creation! It's normally used to measure crushed rock particle size distribution so you can create a "lock up mix" for stable roadbed. You can see these sieves and the shakers they use at:
http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/product_index.asp?cls=2870
With sieves running over $100 a piece and shakers running from $2000 to $10000 each, the Tumble Now looks pretty cheap, doesn't it? Over 40 years ago, they were turning out nice dry sift Herb kif for us enthusiasts working in the university geology department!

If you really want to choose the right screen for your particular Herb, you could try a measuring microscope, like:
http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Shop-Measuring-Microscope-100x/dp/B0010KDELQ
Mine is not illuminated, single power, and fits in a shirt pocket like a pen. It cost under $20, but that was about a zillion years ago.

OR, if you want to see how big your balls are, and you're good with tools, you could make a custom limited sieve set with openings in a range of sizes covering Herbal trichomes. Say tuna can sized cylinders with screen print rayon screens, shaken by a woman's personal vibrator! Just find upon what opening size most of your balls stop, and outfit your Tumble Now with the opening size one level up! A wide assortment of screen at:
http://www.smallparts.com
But a pain as you have to do a search for every size opening.

N

NicholasSmokes

For long term storage (1 year +), can I leave my dry sift loose in a sealed jar or do I need to press it?

C

Chamba

small sealed glass jar stored in a cool, dark place is best for storing unpressed, dry sifted resin

I freeze my trim and small popcorn bud for 24 hours and run them through my 120 ss drum on my small o'kief. Not a tumbler made to last, but with some tlc, it will last. After a 30 minute run, I take the trim and run it through a BHO tube from o'kief and all is well. Not enough yield as I would like, but variety is the spice of life! Yum, yum! My bubble bags are just too much work for the amount of yield that I get, as I never have that much trim. I am only a very small personal medical grower for just myself and can't even keep up due to my disabilities! Oh well...

elanius

Veteran
How are you cleaning the Tumble Now people? It seems that the compressed air is not that magical as i hoped :-o

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How are you cleaning the Tumble Now people? It seems that the compressed air is not that magical as i hoped :-o

I use a sprayer full of isopropyl alcohol, 90%, then spray the whole screen clean. Gets it back to virtually brand new status. If you put a big pyrex baking tray underneath, you can catch the sift saturated iso too, filter and evaporate it off to get some tumbler oil :D

You just need to be careful not to get the wood parts wet or they will absorb water or solvent and get warped. If the lid gets too warped, the magnets won't hold it closed, so yeah, be careful.

Spoken with bubbleman about this detail and I hope the next version has a detachable screen for easy cleaning, but yeah, you dont need to do it that often with the current version and you just need to give the wood parts a solid day or 2 to dry before using it again if you do get them a little too wet.

elanius

Veteran
Thanks Mr. B, btw, i have to say that your kif if truly amazing. I used the tumble now just once, with whole NLX popcorn buds - frozen. After 10 minutes tumbling, i checked the kif and it was nowhere near your purity. Then i crushed the buds and the output was similar to first round. Anyway, do you have any advice for us, running whole buds (or crushed buds)?

I have read this whole tread and I assume that you are using just the trim for tumble now? Though that maybe that is why is your kif so clean. The trim are smal leafs, so less impurities gets through the initial 120 screen..

elanius

Veteran
Well, my second run was much better. The sift is almost full melt after some carding, but to get it is really not that easy :artist: strain is Jack Herer

Attachments

• DSC_0725r full melt.jpg
    DSC_0725r full melt.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0725.jpg
    DSC_0725.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 24

pheed

Can anyone comment on how loud the Tumble Now is when it's running? Will my neighbors hear it? I have thin walls.

C

Chamba

If the door is closed, you won't hear it in the next room....in my opinion, it's not that noisy at all , but it all depends on what your definition of "noisy" is.

C

Chamba

Hey Mods,

by the way...why is this thread in the concentrate section and not the Hashish section?

Is there a button I can click to notify a mod about this?

N

NicholasSmokes

I replaced the screen on my Tumble Now and I need to re-tape over the edges. I'd like to use the same kind of tape it had originally as it is strong and the trichromes don't stick to it. Anyone know what it is?

Latest posts

Latest posts