What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aeroponics build

Gottagrow

I'm working on my first AP setup. I'm using the flood table that I used last as a drip setup (2x4x7). I'm getting all my figures worked out but I have no Idea on how many misters I need. My lid is setup for 27 4'' baskets. My plan is to run 1/2'' tubing inline with the baskets (3 rows 9 baskets per row) I figured I would use 18 180 degree misters for the sides and 9 360 degree for the center.But my question is how many misters do I need? 1 per basket or 1 per 2 or so on.

kuhdoffi

What's the price diff that u can't use all 360 deg. Misters? Ez clone mister 360 deg $0 .40, don't forget to get some extra ones if it gets cloggeg

Me2

The number of misters needs to provide full coverage of the rootzone.
The finer the mist the less nozzles you`ll need as it will drift to fill the space. You`d need more nozzles with a sprinkler type spray as it doesnt drift (too heavy) and can be blocked by stuff thats in the way like roots and netpots.

jm420

Veteran
check out Pirates diy aero system,sounds like you have the same thing going on

Balance

Hi GG,

I've done the exact same with my two 2x4 flood tables. Only difference is my cover is 15 x 5" pots.
Use a 600 gph pump, 1" outlet on the pump.
Use TWO 1" drains on the table. Any blockage in your drain means a spill, and roots love to go straight for the res.
I built 3 lines like you want to, right underneath each row of net pots. Use pvc... then you can tap the misters easily.
Around 30 misters total, about 1 every 2" of pvc. Oh and the pvc inside the table is 3/4".
Misters are 360 deg, however they really only shoot in two directions. Always buy the 360 only.
Lastly, build some spacers for the center of your table, it will sag.
Sorry, no pic capabilities. Hope that helps.

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
good job moving to aero, keep us posted.

i have diy 4" pvc tube type system with 2" net pots and try to have each plant have two misters by them, incase one fails.