What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

S

strain_searcher

ummmmmmmmmmmmm

ummmmmmmmmmmmm

This is one of my girlies that looks like the football team had there way with her. I took this clone and chopped off half the rootball and washed her off. repotted and there you have it. She is coming back now. :wave:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
mIu4ea said:
Well, I'm back again; this time it's a yellowing on the new growth of that same plant with the holes in the leaves. It's possible I got it too near the light, but I think it's something else. Anyone seen this before ??---mIu4ea
is this happening on the top part of your plant?

also i need to know more info like what nutrients you use how often are you using them
what ph is your setup
is it soil/hydro?

looks more like a lockout issue just bu looking at it though.......

also what lighting are you using?

mIu4ea

Hey Stitch, Here's the info---400 W HPS over soil (Black Gold brand),PH is about 6.8, using Formula X and VF-11 ferts once a week, plants are Indica bagseed.The yellow was only on 4 top leaves, and only on one of 4 plants , but now it's gone. Really strange. Thanks for your help!! ---mIu4ea

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
This is light burn...cannot be fixed, all leafs/tops that are damaged should be removed in order for new growth to take over...

Growdoc

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
ya growdoc is right looks exactly like light burn and stress..... move the light up more and watch when the plant grows taller you will need to move the light up more.......

Bramski said:
Great new forum Gypsy,

Anyway, I immediately ran into the growroom and noticed that the plant that I had failed to secure was now involved in a passionate liason with a 1000w HPS, I'm not kidding this thing was just hugging the bulb, smoldering away, thank god it was covered in resin otherwise it might have caught fire LOL
hahahahah getting it on

yes great thread indeeed!!

here is my nagging problem that follows me with every grow... recently im having excellent luck with soma's NYCD clones...the leaves are super dark green and the veins in all the major fan leaves are bright white and heathy looking....the texture of the leaves is satin and smooth....im guessing its the great genetics that keep it so healthy... but aside from that most of about 99% of my other crops around this time(including other plants in my garden right now) dont do so great...about wk 3 or 4 i get some nasaty looking major fan leaves...and eventually around wk 5, 6 and 7 the problem only gets worse with the interveinal chlorosis getting worse to a blacking red, shoots, and petioles turn dark red or black(obviously not healthy) and wither away at the abscision zone....causing them to either fall off or wither away... now i know that most plants if not all will go through a time when leaves will lighten up and possibly die...but not 80-90% of the plants leaves do that within the 5th-8th wk?
i can only assume i have lots of learning to do....i mean obviously im doing something right...the nuggs come out decent and sometimes come out tasty...but i notice that i have a different tasting bud, and the end product lacks the dank skunky smell....the only ime ive seen other wise is with SOMAS nycd wich is highly perfumed with a scent, and so is the skunk#1 not many strains ive grown or seen grown do smell this potent, ive grown many seed packs from well known vendors and they do not stink as much as the fore mentioned plants, i can only assume that the genetics required better care...

my main concern is the yellowing of leaves so early in flowering and getting so bad..ive seen other growers not face this dilema and im curious as to what i have to do to solve it...ive also seen other growers face the same concerns and get no vital information time and time again on 'the other weed related server'..lets hope this thread proves diffferently.

heres a pic or two of plants i grew that i consider to be over all not completly healthy, each plant has its own problem with yellowing...

blockhead(should turn blue and purple, mine turns only slightly blue and red mosstly yellow and leaves fell off)
nirvana chrystal(should have a dark green almost blue hue at end of flowering..and this one had lots of leaves fall off....)

all great bud..but lacked in smell n taste and leaves fell off!

you can see the veins inside the major fan leaves are red...thats bad ...i mean its obviously something really wrong...and i cannnot accept my plants suffering ..theres must be a simple answer for that... i mean there has to be some plant doctor out there who can easily give me a diagnosis

Okie grown

Veteran
Do you give em veg nutes the 1st week or 2 of flower?If not try that.Looks kinda prematurely diein off.May need more N ?Heres a nycd f 1.My buddy gl got the seeds.Got one keeper.Well the fule one was great but the one im callin sour citrus is very nice.It got the color of youre 2nd pic but when 80% of the hairs where red or turned i ought to say.1st 3 bud pics are of a fule pheno the other 2 are the topped sour citrus i made a mom.I want to try another soma srain thay all look like top notch carefully selected strains.Im thinking rock bud or buddas sis?icmag.com/gallery/data/500/2074DSC01904.JPG]
2074DSC01904-thumb.JPG
[/url]

okie grown: yes my friend got two phenos..one that smelled strange...and the one we kept smelled citrus, but very skunky/danky....almostl ike perfume...mouthwatering odor and the taste was amazing...you can immediately smellt hat pheno out....one friend who is clueless when it comes tophenotypes had no idea how awesome his plant truly was...once i pointed out(rub the stem)he realized how special it was...usually when you rub the stem on most plants during flower they smell like pine..very aggressive not pleasant smell this NYCD stinky pheno smells just like the buds...super nice!!!but i know what you mean....i have an unopened pack of nycd seeds cant wait till the rainy seasons over ...dont wanna worry aobut power problems in the summer....best save seeds for other time....

ton answer question yes, ive actually fed them back to back to back since veg...ive been feeding them nutrients nono stop..i figure ill stop feeding them once i get signs from the plant but so far they show me just yellow leaves
i just wonder how many tsp's of nutreints can i add to a gallon of water?? i mean is it pheasable for a plant to need more than 3 or 4 tsp's of bio bizz bloom per gallon??? during flower?

also how do you feed? i feed them back to back nutrients....recently 2 tsps of bio biz bloom and 1tbs of budswell bat guano tea, and a 1/4 tsp of SM-90 wich also buffers PH to 6.4 depending on how hot some ferts are....the sm-90 supposedly helps the roots and wards off pests @ the root zones.... every 5 - 7 days..in the 3.5 gallon containers every 5 days...the 5 gals every 7 days....i usually run a gallon thru each container...buti should run a gallon and a half thru the 5 gallon containers to get the run off, but i do get a nice trickle when i add the one gallon so it hink tahts fine...

im just wondering if im adding too much?? seems like my nutrients last me for ever...i only have 3 clones and 2 seeded monsters going so its not like i got a huge thuing going on....im mostly using it for chronic back pain

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
In order to measure the amount of nutes that are active in your water you will need a EC pen or PPM pen, these can be expesive so shop good...

Some strains handel more then others when it comes to nutes...

GrowDoc

ted

so, whats this?

so, whats this?

the last weeks, my plants are developing some serious brown/yellow spots. wtf.

Ph trouble?

the only thing i did was adding some guano & chalk when repotting.
i have a PH checker and the value is neutral..(but, i dont trust the thing though, its a cheap soil meter...dont find anything else)

close:

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
ted, this is bugs... check your leafs underside use a loop but dont do it in the sun!

Growdoc

ted

ur sure about that?

i know, the leaves have been eaten, but that has stopped now...

the spots developed after the bug bites...
u can see leaves that are brownish but have been eaten....

but i'll check (again) with a magn glass...

thanks for the advice

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Ted.. i am sure that it is bugs...

also a transplant wouldnt hurt, go to white plastic pots...

Growdoc

ted

should i try some pyretheum?

and if u say transplant, u mean bigger pots, or just white pots?

sorry for the nagging, buts its my first grow...dont wont to spoil it...

mosess187

HELLO ALL!!!!!!!!

I'M IN DAY 35 OF FLOWERING IN SOIL, AND I'M HAVING A SERIUOS YELLOWING OF MY LEAVES ON THREE OF MY PLANTS, I GAVE THEM A TABLESPOON/GALLON OF EARTH JUICE GROW AND STILL A ALOT OF YELLOW OF THE LEAVES..............WHAT CAN I DO TO REMEDY BEFORE IT IS TO LATE?

jexter71

So it's day 35 of so called flowering, and i still have no flowers. no light leaks. Slightly high ph early on(locking out mg and iron), but has been fixed for over 2 weeks now. temps are good for summer(90 high 70 low) now that iv'e increased and re-arranged my ventilation. My question is will they ever flower? If all problems have been fixed and plants look healthy, they have to flower right? This is my 4 grow with these strains(mazar DP and White Widow from oakland) and i always had great results before. Indicas can't veg forever in 12/12 can they? Scrap large healthy(now) looking girls and start over? Growin in ff soil with pbp nutes. ph is now 6-6.3 varies slightly. Thanks in advance for any responce.

1977m

need some help..hydro 16.day on 12/12>temp under 400hps is between 23-28C..ph was high..sometimes on 6.6...now i trying to keep 5.1-6.0...any ideas how to solve the problem?

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
looks like Nute Burn too

looks like Nute Burn too

1977m said:

need some help..hydro 16.day on 12/12>temp under 400hps is between 23-28C..ph was high..sometimes on 6.6...now i trying to keep 5.1-6.0...any ideas how to solve the problem?

How far from the 400? The tips are Burned. What kind of PPM you have going?
Keep the PH around 5.4ish 5.1 is a bit low, no higher than 6.

What kind of nutes how often are they fed?
Sin