What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow tent and vents - light question

jaybee

I am using a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 secret jardin darkroom with 600w HID

I am setting up the grow tent with air cool hood with air vented in from one side and out through the other side vent. With the ducting through the vent in the tent a little bit of light from outside the tent is reflected through the ducting and into the tent.

Same situatation with the passive intake at the bottom of the tent. It is not direct light and really when inside the tent it does not shine in like a flashlight, but rather are just a couple of holes that are a little lit up. I am thinking about reflected light from moon and stars and think this is probably similar if not less than so should be ok but would apreciate your input and any solution if one is needed.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

JB

jaybee

Gottagrow- DR 120 by secret jardin

420- Thanks for the good idea. Will i have any significant pressure loss?

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
i am curious about this too. My homebox XL has a mesh fabric over the passive intake, but i can see light coming out so obv some light is greating in... cant be too bright though.

i think it would be fine. Anyone have any experience with probs with the light leak associated with the passive into on any tents?

Gottagrow

I have the dr120 which I've used for almost a year now. I haven't run in to any problems during flowering. I use a 600w hps and now i added a 400w mh with tubing connecting both of them to a 6in 276 cfm fan, (Sealed) . The carbon filter is inside running on a 4in 170cfm pulling room air producing a good neg pressure. I have had 2 good harvests running it with no problems yet. So don't worry about the little pin holes.

Latest posts

Latest posts