What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DR150 Lighting/Setup Question

RamCTD1027

What up everyone?!?!

I just purchased a DR150 (2'8"x4'11"x6'7") and a 2'x4' table to use as a mother/veg area. I am on a limited budget at the moment so I am looking for some set-up suggestions.

Right now, I have an extra 4" vortex and possibly an extra 6" vortex that can be used for the tent. I also have a 2' 4-bulb HO T5 that I use for seedling/clones. What would you recommend I use for lighting in the tent? The tent will be used to hold a few mother plants and then to veg out some clones that will go in my flower room. Should I purchase another T5 fixture?? Maybe another 2' 4-bulb, 2' 8-bulb? How about a 4' 4-bulb or a 4' 8-bulb?? Would I be better off going with a 250W or a 400W MH lamp and using my existing T5 fixture for the initial stage of the clones??

I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Ram

Last edited:
B

badugi

I like the low-profile attributes of T5 systems, but love the effectiveness, simplicity, flexibility, and cost (both equipment and cost of operation) of a HID system. I do not like the cost of T5 equipment, neither the up-front investment nor the bulb replacements.

20north

get 1 600 or 2 400's with cooltubes if you have 2 fans already i have the dr 80 and i swithc from 400watt mh to 600watt when its cold enough with a cooltube but i live in a cold place not sure about u ive heard great things about t5's but i dont think anything can beat an hps and NOTHING can beat the 400cmh bulbs i like the hps because i like denser bud ive seen my friends t5 crop and its fluffy and stems are everywhere using t5's wouldnt be a quick veg if you want a massive trunk

Gottagrow

Thats a big tent just for mothers and clones. I would use that for flowering room unless you have a bigger tent for that. But with a tent that size I wouldn't use anything less then a 600w possible going to a 1000w. You might be able to get away with cooling a 1000w with 400cfms if you can get the temps to stay in the high 70s low 80s.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
RamCTD1027 said:
What up everyone?!?!

I just purchased a DR150 (2'8"x4'11"x6'7") and a 2'x4' table to use as a mother/veg area. I am on a limited budget at the moment so I am looking for some set-up suggestions.

Right now, I have an extra 4" vortex and possibly an extra 6" vortex that can be used for the tent. I also have a 2' 4-bulb HO T5 that I use for seedling/clones. What would you recommend I use for lighting in the tent? The tent will be used to hold a few mother plants and then to veg out some clones that will go in my flower room. Should I purchase another T5 fixture?? Maybe another 2' 4-bulb, 2' 8-bulb? How about a 4' 4-bulb or a 4' 8-bulb?? Would I be better off going with a 250W or a 400W MH lamp and using my existing T5 fixture for the initial stage of the clones??

I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Ram

well i am a bit confused. You said you got the dr150 which is 4'11"x4'11"x6'7"

but you quote it as 2'8"x4'11" so that has me confused...

anyway I have the dr150 (4'11"x4'11") I use a 1k with 2 6inch vortex fans one for carbon filter one for air cooling the light. stays in mid 70's...

it might be overkill but I think its exactly what is needed if running a 1k

NiceShoes

NorCalFor20 said:

anyway I have the dr150 (4'11"x4'11") I use a 1k with 2 6inch vortex fans one for carbon filter one for air cooling the light. stays in mid 70's...

it might be overkill but I think its exactly what is needed if running a 1k

is your system pretty noisy?

confused

NorCalFor20 said:

Hey NorCal I'll answer your question if you answer mine, :smile:

If you look at the models they sell, they sell a DR150 and a DR150 WIDE which is what he has I guess.

My DR150 finally got off backorder, so I was wondering...

- I have a 1000 hps and a 400 hps. Would 1400 way too much for the DR150? It would be two cool tubes.

- You like your darkroom?

Thanks in advance

RamCTD1027

I did order the DR150 Wide to hold a couple mothers and some clones. The real question is whether a 4ft 8 tube T5 would provide enough light for the mothers?? I plan to bonsai a couple mother plants and use the rest of the 2'x4' table for clones....will I have enough light? I would rather not have to deal with cooling a 400w or 600w MH if I can get away with the T5.

Last edited:

NiceShoes

RamCTD1027 said:
I did order the DR150 Wide to hold a couple mothers and some clones. The real question is whether a 4ft 8 tube T5 would provide enough light for the mothers?? I plan to bonsai a couple mother plants and use the rest of the 2'x4' table for clones....will I have enough light? I would rather not have to deal with cooling a 400w or 600w MH if I can get away with the T5.

I have seen mothers kept on a low dose nute solution kept happily under a single t-5 that was not even a 4 foot. They looked pretty good as well...

Latest posts

Latest posts