What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Recovery time from collection pot changes when lower but PSI remains same

So Currently when I flood 3 volume passes through my tubes and into my collection pot I recover lbs on average at 45sec to a minute when it's nearly full and the tank is at 50 psi which is good for me. However when the collection pot is about 20 lbs lower it still is at 50 psi however my recovery time jumps to nearly two minutes and I'm trying to figure out why cause it's currently rattling my brain. Thank You

That's what I was thinking but the PSI stays the same so doesn't that mean it's still gassing off just as fast?

Fast has nothing to do with the pressure of one vessel. It will only gas off as fast as it can be re-condensed. As you evaporate more solvent from your reactor, you reduce the volume, making heat transfer from the walls more obvious. As you fill your solvent tank, you decrease the surface area for condensation. The higher the temp differential between your recovery side and your evap side, the faster recovery.

Latest posts

Latest posts