What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rest in Peace Popps

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I lost my Dad early last year, so I know this feeling of loss..

My most grievous condolences....

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My sincerest condolences for your loss gypsy. I am glad you've got your freedom back as well. Stay Frosty.

I'm sitting here at my house gearing up for MNF. A tradition I had watching with my popps. I'm missing you tremendously along with mom right now. I've got my daughter here with me to watch with me, she's only 2. Oh how I wish you both were here to see her and mom you had the chance to lay your eyes on her.

Americangrower

Veteran
I just saw this..Sorry for your loss brother. Theres nothing I can say to help you with your pain. All you can do is remember all the fantastic times you spent together. Memories do last forever even if we don't.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Sorry to hear about the loss of your family man. Loosing my dad was a life changing experience for me. Spending time with friends and family while recounting good memories of your loved ones helps with healing.

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks you guys.

Today as I've been watching football with my daughter l, well kind of, she's watching bubble guppies and such. I thought back to the first time i saw a cannabis plant.
I grew up on a nursery full of different plants and popps took me back to a hidden patch on the property and showed me a few cannabis plants. I was like 6 or 7 and had no idea what they were. He explained how this plant was wonderful and that I couldn't tell anyone about it as it would get him in trouble.
Later in my early teens I started smoking and grew my first plant at 16. I put it in the corner of our yard and thought I had it hidden well enough. Well it just so happened that the neighbor across the street was a citizen on patrol and saw what I was doing. Damn nosey neighbor. The cops showed up and thought my dad was the one growing it. I had to step up. So I told the deputy sheriff's on scene it was mine.
I was charged with manufacturing of cannabis and got put on probation. Luckily I was underage.
I thought I was in deep shit with my parents. My mom was pretty mad at the time and popps didn't say much.
Once off of probation popps took me back to the jam room where him and his friends would play music. Dad played drums and occasionally the flute. He said son I hope you learned from this and proceeded to fire up a fatty. We sat and burned that hog leg shooting the shit.
Ah, the good old days.

Miss you guys! ❤

Last edited:

Buddle

Veteran
There have been many beautiful responses here. I am so sorry for the passing of your dad melloefellow.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like you are on the path in the grieving process and remembering the good times is a good way. I lost my dad about 10 years ago and it took a while to grasp the loss, we were close. Not always saw eye to eye on things but we had a good relationship. Spending time with friends and family is a big help to move along and there will always be memories. Some of the best stories are when family members get together reminiscing about our loved ones passed, the funny stories and the interaction of all involved.

packerfan79

Veteran
Prayers for you and your family. Death is a hard thing to deal with, hope you have others around you for support. Fuck CANCER.

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Beautifull pictures and nice story... Sorry for your loss Mellow...

Lost mine a few years ago too, hope your heart will heal quick and that you'll find peace thinking of great memories with him.

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Happy Birthday Popps!. You would've been 59 today. I love and miss you. One of the only pics i have of you with short hair. This is my dad on my sister's wedding day back in '05. To think I'm nearly your age now when this photo was taken. Wow!
I will forever be grateful for having a father like you! Peace be with you

Americangrower

Veteran
So sorry for your loss brother, So young. I know he is looking down at you and smiling. Stay strong and know that 1 day you will all meet again.

M

moose eater

"Put a candle in the window."

I drove my brother's ashes around the mid-west one trip down from Alaska, before burying him next to my mother's ashes in Indiana.

Took him to the Ann Arbor Hash Bash that trip ('95), to a friend's music studio in Wyoming, Michigan, to look at real estate in northern Wisconsin, to the homestead farm I'd worked on in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and more, before burying him in rural Indiana where my mother's family was from.

We took a trip together we'd never taken. And it was good.

Keep the remembrances, holidays, etc., if you can. It's the perspective that matters.

Peace to you.

FlaDankster

Veteran
Keep your head up mellow.

Never knew my father.Last time i saw him i was 2 1/2 months old when he decided to shoot me up with some speed.I've always been aware that i was dead for close to 2 minutes when i was a baby.Didn't find out the real reason why until i was 22 years old from my half sister.

I recently lost my father in law to cancer.Didn't realize how close i was to him until his passing.

Keep a smile on your face bro,it'd make your popps happy.