What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shishka's fresh start

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Hella problems right now. I so wanna just go back to over feeding. The first group looks like total shit, the second is a little better but the newest group actually lools like its gonna be ok.

Im using Grow big (3-2-6) plus magical (2-0-0), which gives me 5-2-6 5.25-1.75 as my veg formula.

Beastie blooms (0-50-30) plus magical (2-0-0) for
2-5-3 3.25-1.25.

The problem is that my runoff ec is way too high. My only instincts were to give them some ro water to "shake up" the food in the container. Its like.I gotta treat it like dirt until I can get the runoff ec/ph closer to the mix numbers.

Few pics

Soul of the new group
picture.php

Sd x n91 keeper
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

This freaking tap water sucks. After about a month of use here's the small boy part of the filter.
picture.php

Went and got some drip trays for 5 gallon buckets and a buckethead wet dry vac too.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
So far so good with the third group. Even tho the runoff is higher than my feed.

Bout to bust out the old Emily's garden and go back to dro.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Gonna be enough soul food for a family reunion.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I think I remember guys in coco, doing a half strength feed to flush the medium out. Might be worth looking into , if your run-off is higher than what your putting in.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I think I remember guys in coco, doing a half strength feed to flush the medium out. Might be worth looking into , if your run-off is higher than what your putting in.

Thats exactly what I am trying out.

I did a large amount of half strength and ran it through. The Soul food was unaffected but the Sour started to lighten up. I decided to give them a normal full strength feed after that. The run off was way better but still about 50% higher than I wanted.

At least it aint in the 1000's anymore. Im watching to see what happens next time.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Thats exactly what I am trying out.

I did a large amount of half strength and ran it through. The Soul food was unaffected but the Sour started to lighten up. I decided to give them a normal full strength feed after that. The run off was way better but still about 50% higher than I wanted.

At least it aint in the 1000's anymore. Im watching to see what happens next time.

Oh, ok. Good deal man. What is your input ppm/e.c. ? Can't remember if you said or not. Your post made me think of something I had happen to me quite a few years ago. I was just learning about ppm/e.c. . So I decided to check the run-off of some plants I had in straight happy frog. Run-off was 3500 ppm, at 5.2 ph !! I said "Holy fuck" out loud. Thing is the plants didn't look like shit, they looked nice. Super dark green though, N tox for sure. Still couldn't believe they weren't fried to a crisp,lol.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I almost cried the first runoff check. When I saw the x 10 multiplier on the meter I freaked out. Im all I know I aint just spend all this money on an ro for nothing. Turns out there is a learning curve.

What I was dosing them with according to the ff schedule was deffo n toxing and tip burn but they wernt crisp. Seems like you really gotta be way over ec for fried weed.

That group is on .84 ec. Gonna max out at 1.12. Last time I went to 1.2 I got a little burn.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
I used to have one of those Emily's Garden's. After the first run I ditched it. I know I was doing something wrong with it, cause the plants didn't produce for shit. I've also done a couple plants DWC. Couldn't quite figure that one out either. I see dude's grow massive shrubs in DWC and it always makes me wanna know the tricks to make it work.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
man im glad i dont have to worry about ppms and runoff and all that other crazy stuff. i worry too much as it is with no help. i would probably die.

i laughed too hard when you say "back to dro." all at once it was like freshman year, trick daddy playing in the parking lot. box chevys on jordans.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I cant believe I still have it. That was the first piece of grow gear I bought. My fattest most dense bud was a ghs cheese done in this very Emilys. It was a 1 liter soda bottle cola.

I have a really good feeling about it.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I just started trying out water only organic soil and it is pretty sweet so far! I know nameless is growing in beds....I'm using 5 gallon containers. I can only imagine how smooth shit must go with organic beds. I'm learning pretty fast that growing in organic soil, the bigger soil space the better.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Day 1 for the next group.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I stepped on my ppm meter so I gotta get a new one. Need some airstones too and some cloning gel.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
what cloning gel you use? i went back to clonex fuck it. rates went from 50% back to 90% in plugs. its the only non organic thing i use.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I hadnt been using anything in my aero cloner but the clonex gas always been explosive for me.

Found a crack in the emilys garden. Testing out if the silicon will do for now.

Ive been thinking and I might need to go up in ec because my lights are kinda close together and Im sure theres crossover light from secondary light sources.

Got a new prefilter for the ro machine, ec meter, clonex and some other odds and ends.

DJXX

Veteran
hey thanks for the netting pics, i have always been a lil confused on how to work with them...so just used stakes...thanks thanks thanks...DJ

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
2nd group

Still looking for food. Deffo not flushing this group. Not much of a bitter taste on the petioles atm so imma just step down the feeds over the next 2 weeks and one week water.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Im thinking I might be blasting them with too much light in early flowering and they might just need a higher ec.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
3rd group missing a chunk of canopy. Deffo needed that 3rd plant in there at least.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My goal for this next set is to fill the lower trellis and try and keep the plants as far away from the light as I can. Seems like poking through the top trellis is too close.

picture.php

picture.php

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
So Ive been feeding 50% cal/mag and 50% 0-5-3 and gradually increasing ppms throughout flowering but I seem to always still be on the light side of things. I dont think I should go over 600 ppms but I do think I need the whole 600 a few weeks earlier than I should.

So with this 4th group Im not gonna worry so much about run off ppms, since the first runoff is always higher than the last runoff. Im just gonna focus on hitting full strength 2 weeks or so early. I also turned down that light to 400 until after stretch.

With the 2nd group thats at 45 days I did 100 ppm of cal/mag, 200 ppm of epsom salt, and 300 ppm of pk booster. This very well could be the last actual feeding ut gets so I deffo wanna be at full strength.

I really need to control the height of the canopy better. I guess you cant just throw plants under a light and get the perfect canopy. The goal now is 8 branches on each plant at an even height. One for each hole in the screens space.

Makes way more sense to start the training as quick as I can.

Here's a key lime pie beginning training.
picture.php