What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2017

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Continued...

Here we have the Big Devil XL. This was a freebie I won over at ICMag. Looking forward to exploring this line a bit more.
picture.php

Next, we have The Devil. This one has at least one ripe seed poking out the top bud.
picture.php

Finally we still have the Crystal Candy "dad". He/she has fully reverted to female and is loaded with ripening seeds.
picture.php

I'm done waiting because I'm running out of smoke. I actually had to spend $80 for 1/4 oz. from the black market. I harvested the tall lanky La Diva last week and smoked it yesterday. It was surprisingly good smoke. No seeds in that one. And here they are hanging to dry. As you can see they stayed quite small in those little containers. If I can get 1/4 oz. off these, I will be happy enough.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Finally got these two Bubba Kush S1 to the finish line. She's been culled from the garden because she is very finicky in veg. Overall, not bad but a pain in the ass to trim.
picture.php

Looks like I should get an ounce from from these two. There was a lot of leaf and a little bit of larf, but mostly decent buds. They smell a little like Kush, let's see how they dry and cure. I don't have a space available to dry, so I'll try drying them on the screens.
picture.php

Here is the flowering section. As you can see I run my 150-watt CMH bulb vertically. Please note, this is a protected bulb designed to be run without containment. I don't want anyone burning down their houses. On the right are two cultivars I haven't run yet, Skywalker OG and Adonis both at three weeks. On the left are the Zak Haze both at six weeks. Finally up front I have the holy Grail 69 that just got put in there.
picture.php

Harvesting every three weeks means I also need to reset every three weeks. I've got the new cloner and am still working the timing. I have two Jilly Bean clones that are a little small, but should work out. I'm stepping up my ROLS game! I recycled some old soil and mixed in more peat and castings. When i opened the bag I saw worms and sprouts. That's living soil! I filled up the pots with soil then watered them in with aloe, silica, and fulvic acid. The clones were transplanted, the cover crop was planted, and covered with straw.
picture.php

Here is the veg area. On the right are the Jilly Bean clones I just transplanted. Some sickly looking Zak Haze clones on the left and some Durban Poison seedlings I started.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
This week's update at 8 weeks from seed. They aren't going to win any beauty contests, but I haven't killed them yet!
picture.php

The middle one is unpollinated and my official entry. The two on the left are Crystal Candy x (La Diva x Lowryder). The two on the right are "Double Diva" = La Diva x (Lowryder x La Diva).
picture.php

Speaking of seeds, I ended up with three plants that had seeds and three that didn't. The ones that didn't were the smaller La Divas and the Lowryder. The ones that had seeds were The Devil (green), La Musa (blue), and Big Devil XL (orange).
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Here is how I keep my mother plants. This area is about 20x20x24. For size reference, the light is a 4-bulb 2' T5.
picture.php

The fabric pots are made using eco-felt, a material made from recycled water bottles. I used a solo cup as my pattern for the height and diameter. They get fed a combination of Superthrive, Shultz 10-15-10 and Fish fertilizer. I make my own fish fertilizer and can probably replace the Superthrive with kelp. I have yet to successfully replace the chemical fertilizers in such small containers.

Every couple of weeks they need to be trimmed. I usually take about 1/2 of the foliage off the top as well as anything that looks yellow or damaged. I cut out anything in the middle to make a bowl shape, this improves air flow. With the fabric pots there is no need to root prune. After about a year or so, I will take a fresh clone and replant them. Most of these are approaching that age now.

I have only lost a plant once doing this. I didn't water for about five days and lost my Tahoe OG (RIP). In retrospect, the thrips I didn't know I had probably prevented the rcovery. Needless to say, I now have a weekly IPM schedule.

I took nine good sized clones for the cloner, but each plant could have given me 3-6 each. There are 15 plants in here, so one could fill a whole tray every two weeks easily. I try to keep my cloner full lately. I have three other patients that will usually take any extra clones off my hands.
picture.php

grouchy

I replaced my bottled nutes with some tomato-tone that I soak in water. I just recently started using it but have had really good results

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Yesterday was IPM Monday, I know it was Tuesday :grin: I think I have the thrips gone again. I have seen no damage on the new clones that went in there a week ago. There is no new damage on the Skywalker or Adonis. The Zak Haze, however, have been eaten alive. Almost every leaf has some thrip damage. I added a step to my IPM routine. I now clean out the area thoroughly each week. Wipe everything down and spray it down with that week's brew. A peek into the flowering chamber.
picture.php

The veg chamber is doing well. I have the Jilly Bean 2 girls going. They have another week or two to train to the screen before flowering. The Durban Poison seedlings are doing ok, but the soil mix may be a little hot for them. Two are showing a mild nutrient burn on them. I hope to transplant them to a little larger container in another week or two, then force them to flower. After they show sex, I'll move them back to veg and take clones.
picture.php

You may notice the cloner is covered up with that corrugated plastic now. I read on the Build a Soil blog about their cloning method and there was an interesting comment made about light level for clones. Basically, they stated that if a clone has too much light, it will try and grow instead of growing roots. They will turn yellow as they try and pull nutrients to grow. Interestingly, this is exactly what was happening to mine. They would root, but be very weak and yellow by the time roots have shown. With this plastic cover, my cuttings are nice and green still. I'm pretty happy so far with the results. I'll get a picture of the clones later.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Bern working on a 1x1x2 box for a micro challenge on overgrow. Here is some of the progress from the last week.

So I was playing around today, and I did a little math with the SolStrips. They will fit almost perfectly in the cab vertically. I have a 70-90 volt, 580-630 mA driver from my old blurple LEDs. So if my math is correct, I can run the three strips I have in series for a total of 72 volts at 630 mA that's about 45 watts.

In theory, it would give me a bigger canopy (1.5x1 vs 1x1). It would also have more points of light, and are probably way more efficient than the Vero 13s. But the baking sheet is slightly too big, so some type of modification will be necessary.
picture.php

Option B is the Vero 13s hung horizontally. This one seems like it will have better air flow. I gain an extra 6 inches of vertical space, but loose some canopy area. The fixture fits the space nicely. The light isn't as evenly spread as the SolStrips either.
picture.php

Decisions, decisions. I'm kind of leaning toward the SolStrips just to check them out. I know what I can do with the Veros. :thinking: I haven't done much more work on the cab except sanding. I think I'm going to paint it instead of staining it. Mostly because of humidity issues, and partially because I don't have any stain laying around (though I can probably get some for free).

I got my cabinet sanded and primed today. I also built the door jam so I can get it light tight. I have decided to go with the horizontal lighting, but I have a little something extra I'll through in there for kicks. I'll caulk and paint it this week. Then I'll have to put on the door, seal the bottom, put up the reflectix, and mount the electronics to the back.
picture.php

This is the tenth and last week for these girls. They will most likely get cut in the next couple of days.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Flower side is filling in nicely. Two more weeks until next harvest. The Skywalker and Adonis are bulking up and smelling great! The Holy Grail 69 are doing their thing. I'm debating letting this cut go, it was a freebie and is slow in veg and doesn't stretch much in flower. The Jilly Bean up front are still stretching a bit.
picture.php

Veg side got a little over heated and dried out a bit. The Zak Haze clones are struggling to get their roots settled and start growing. I should have used the more vigerous Jilly Bean clones. The Durban poisons also got a little too dry and started to cannabiliaze the lower leaves. The cloner is empty and needs to be cleaned and refilled.
picture.php

My mother's are due for a haircut again. Here is what they looked like before.
picture.php

And here is what they look like after. This should stunt them for a few days, then they will fill back in and be ready for another trim in about two weeks.
picture.php

I went ahead and took cuts for my brother's next round. We have two different Ancestral Skunk cuts, Skywalker OG, Zak Haze, Blue Dream, Adonis, and Jilly Bean. They are now soaking in aloe, fulvic acid, and silica.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Since my Ancestral Skunk #1 thread got closed, I'll post the harvest pics here.

The Ancestral Skunk are pretty much done at nine weeks. They all had at least a couple of male flowers at the end. I saw seeds on some lower buds, they make a tasty snack while trimming.

It's a shame that this phenotype was the most intersex of the three. She had some huge buds.
picture.php

picture.php

The final trimming should be pretty easy. These practically trim themselves. I just removed the fan leaves and anything without trichomes. It was hard to judge the smell because I was bubbling a neem and kelp tea at the time.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
A couple of plants are coming out of the perpetual this week. These are looking like they may meet my goal of 1 oz per plant. I have to wait a day or two longer because the Ancestral Skunk are still drying.

Skywalker OG smells amazing, strong lemon with pine and spice undertones.
picture.php

Adonis also smells dank, has some funky body oder undertones.
picture.php

Mr Pyr0

Great work. Love this thread, I've learnt so much from it, starting to put it to practice now. This is such a great hobby.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Ancestral Skunk were getting close to dry, so they got trimmed off the stems and put into paper bags for a day or two, then I'll do a final trim and jar it up. I'm hoping for around 4-5 oz off these girls. They are starting to develop some more complex smells as they dry.

I got the next two girls harvested from the perpetual: Skywalker OG on the left and Adonis on the right. They both had pretty chunky buds with lots of frosty sugar trim.
picture.php

The Zak Haze clones really took a long time to get over their transplant shock. I think I over did it with the top dressing. They will stay in veg three more weeks.
picture.php

These Jilly Bean girls will get thrown into flower instead. I almost transplanted them instead of the Zak Haze, but I didn't because they had only been in the cups for a couple of days. This works out well though because I had my other Jilly Bean clones (sweeter phenotype) in last, so they will be back to back for a final decision on the keeper.
picture.php

Shadrock15

Im amazed lol
Necesity is truely the mother of invention I feel like going to the junk yard tomorrow and looking a crazy ass box to gtow in lol

Latest posts

Latest posts