What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Useful Lab Equipment for Growers

Derka

Magnetic stir plate, diy style. Oversize the base, jump up to a 2l flat bottom container.

Decent triple beam with accurate weights for calibration.

Pipettes.

Syringes (.25 ml to 25ml) with plastic tips

Derka

Oh no. The one I have is diy style. 120mm fan with a 1/2 inch pvc stand off, two hard drive magnets are glued to the pvc stand off. The stand off is glued to the center of the fan. I use a magnetic stir stick that I got from university. The base is nothing more then acrylic that has two 90 bends in it, done with a heat gun and the edge of my work bench. The fan is suspended by 4 machine screws. 2l conical flask, hard to find, but well worth it for the flat bottom. I have no need of temperature control, I just use it to mix up fnb and maxi line of products. The stir plate eliminated a lot of mixing and shaking, it also insures that I got a consistent blend and that the powder completely dissolves.
This is the diy guide I followed, eventually I would like to move up to a lab grade stir plate.

Latest posts

Latest posts