What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor in Scotland ??

rocket high

Veteran
Great photos Rocket.

Cold here too, brings out some lovely colours in the plants though.

Your mystery plant is looking beautiful, I had wondered if erdpurt would grow here so it will be good to see how she does.

I'm thinking it will be quite sad when the last of the plants go and winter comes in. Still, not long till next season tho!

Have a good one.

Hi Hoots yep its pretty chilly now it's going to be -1c tomorrow and im sweating it a bit wether to chop or not ...the sunshine was good for them today tho so the clear sky has it's plus points .i'm undecided at this stage what to do.

Yep it's sad to see the end of the season all the grass is flat at my plots it makes the plants stick out like sore thumbs , i remember when i couldn't see them for all the foilage in the way (sigh)

well i better get planning for next year, new locations and better soil are top of the list for the new locations ...oh and i'll remember to cage them from the start lol.

happy to see you got some fast flowering on arne! beautiful input rocket bro!

The Arne could do with 2 more weeks ideally so i dont think they will make it through winter weather we're having at the moment but they are beautiful ..ones more purple than the other but i love them both as they are :biggrin:

rocket high

Veteran
Well i have one plant left ...i chopped the the unknown strain, B3/N7xE X HP2 last week and chopped the 2 Arnes this week AND that leaves the Thredra she might come down next week depending on the weather.

Here's a rundown on the mold resistance of the strains i grew this year.

GG x Danish passion P1 - 8 % mold

GG x Danish passion P2 - 2 % mold

TxP X HP2 - 10% mold

B3/N7xE X HP2 - 2% mold

Arne P1 - 0% mold

Arne P2 - 0% mold

Thredra no mold so far :)

The ones im going to work with are the GG x Danish passion P2 and the B3/N7xE X HP2 as the yield is high and the stone is amazing also the taste is unique and mold resistance is a bonus ...all good points.

Pitty i didn't seed the Arne's as there's no mold at all on them and Thredra is the same but the Thredra is seeded but only lightly by the (EG/MMxGG)X E dad these F1's should be interesting.

Here's some pics from the last 2 weeks ;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

MJBadger

Veteran
Bloody beautiful work Rocket , you deserve to sit back smoking a good-un . Enjoy .

PS , i love the mould table .

rocket high

Veteran
Cheers MJB

The Thredra is down and there's no plants left now (wipe's tear) lol

She had 2 days of -2c nights and she purpled up well the pics tell the story tbh.

Im very impressed with the Thredra chunky and strong ..that goes for the smell too.
Its hard to describe really ..but i'll have a go.
It has a spicy cherry /woody smell ..i just love it. Id give it 9/10 for smell alone and she yields loads of buds and the best bit is she had zero mold like the Arne's woop woop .

Im well happy about the end of this season ...what a learning curve guys and gals.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

in 6 months this happened ...

JUNE 2011

picture.php

NOV 2011
picture.php

sol over for this year sadly... roll on the next :)

Last edited:
C

COOKIE MONSTER

Cheers MJB

Shedding tears in sympathy :)
Great job Rocket, cant wait to see what you get up to next year.

I'm seriously tempted to try that Thredra over here next year, spicy cherrywood aroma and 0 mould sounds great.
Dont forget to give us a smoke report.

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Cheers MJB

Shedding tears in sympathy :)

I'm seriously tempted to try that Thredra over here next year, spicy cherrywood aroma and 0 mould sounds great.

Hoots

Great stuff Rocket.

I think you saved your luck for the end, lovely sticky looking plants.

Enjoy your smoke - well earned!

:smokeit:

:tiphat:

MJBadger

Veteran
Nice one

Nice one

It`s always nice to see a harvest come in when the climate is a bit challenging . We have all had a shitty summer in the uk yet you have grown plants to maturity that have been kinda mould tolerant .

Not bad for somebody with a hairy arsed tartan kilt . :laughing:

rocket high

Veteran
Pleased for you Rocket.....Glad to see you get some nice looking herb.

Thanks Rude ...the herb is better than i expected.:)
Thredra is under rated by some ...but i cant sing its praises highly enough... its a ace strain imo.

Shedding tears in sympathy
smile.gif

I felt real guilty when i had to cut the Thredra ..we bonded over the season lol R.I.P little Thredra :cry:

You must give the Thredra a go Cookie .. it rocks.
I hope the smell carry's on through to the taste ,its smells a tiny bit skunky after a few days drying but still got the cherry spice smell ... very interesting stuff.

The smoke report will be in a week or so's time ..but looking promising so far.

Great stuff Rocket.

I think you saved your luck for the end, lovely sticky looking plants.

Enjoy your smoke - well earned!

:smokeit:

:tiphat:

Cheers hoots ...the weather was warm for the end of oct/nov which let the Thredra finish well ..... im happy i got what i did giving the lack of prep in the early stages of the season .

roll on spring time.

It`s always nice to see a harvest come in when the climate is a bit challenging . We have all had a shitty summer in the uk yet you have grown plants to maturity that have been kinda mould tolerant .

Not bad for somebody with a hairy arsed tartan kilt . :laughing:

Yep summer was pish no doubt about it ...hoping next summer is slightly better than this damp squib.

i'll ignore the last comment ..lol.

rocket high

Veteran
Nice sentiment Weegie.... im off to the west today to see the inlaw's ,thank god it's only for 1 day "phew" lol .
The GG work begins in January for me ...i want to do a seed run before it's time to plant out in April ...
Merry xmas all :)

Last edited:
sound rocket good luck with that seed run looks like u have a couple of decent strains on the go allready
january is site hunting and manure stealing /spreading for me m8
i have to up my efforts this years stash is all gone allready :(

well def gonna run danish durban, danish gold ,scottish ,flatland bubble(lala)

possibles are hashplant,purple nepal super 07s and some off your crosses
got all these beans allready

maybe buy some typhoon and that thedra u said was good where did u get them seeds?

i take it you have picked a couple of strains from your growing to grow again???
step closer to the perfect scottish plant :)

rocket high

Veteran
I know what i'll deffo be growing up to this point and thats GGxDP F2's and Thredra F3's and Thredra x (EG/MMXGG) F1'S. These were the standout's from last year no doubt so im expecting great things from them.

I'll add more when it comes to the time.

Hoots

Aye, it's been a mild few weeks here, and with the daylight stretching it's got the sap rising in me thinking about another long scorching Scottish summer to come.

We really are spoiled here with our glorious weather:toohot:

Probably just run tropical sativas this year as there the only plants that can handle the heat.

:dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts