What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The *Official* OMMP Vendor's Pricing Thread

Let's face it: this section is pretty much dead. We need to change that! Oregon is often the looked-over cannabis west coast state, and that's due to change soon. From the Southern Oregon outdoor growers to the basement/warehouse growers in Eugene and Portland, there is an abundance of talent of great genetics that can compete with the best anywhere.

In the California section there is a thread about pricing, so I figure there should be one in here too.

Long gone are the days where good packs of indoor were 32 across the board, and there was a massive drought every summer before southern OR/norcal crops popped up and people couldn't keep their indoor ops cool enough so supply dwindled. We need to look to the here and now and see what's going on.

Oregon is a very competitive market, with an abundant supply and some of the lowest prices on the west coast.

The goal of this thread is to help give other people an idea of where the market is at, and what people are getting paid for their product. You can name where you're moving your product if a dispensary and you feel fine doing so, but it is definitely not a requirement.

Let's get this party started! :tiphat:

Last edited:
Here's what my 2014 looked like, all to dispos:

Las Vegas Purple Kush $2200, cash on delivery

picture.php

picture.php

Snowdizzle (Pre-98 Bubba Kush x Snowdawg 2) around $1400, for a half consignment

picture.php

picture.php

Obama Kush $2600, consignment

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The snowdizzle and Obama kush might seem pretty high to most people. This is likely because I had a good relationship with a dispo that did their pricing for vendors set up differently, however they have changed it since then and I suspect it will be considerably lower from now on :cry:

I gotta say it's been a very rough year. This was the year I transitioned from personal to "commercial" growing (although I wouldn't really call it too commercial - I do everything on my own), and after taking into account all my start up expenses, utilities, maintenance, etc, I just about broke even for the year.

Part of this is that I actually follow the OMMP rules, and part of it is that I grow strains I like, and take pride in, that aren't necessarily cash-croppers. If prices continue to drop I'm either gonna have to get out of this industry, or go full "commercial" and only grow weed that I can sell in packs, most likely not to dispos, that is more quantity over quality kind of deal. I don't want to do that.

I hope others in OR can help make this thread a good reference place.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
26 for blackberry bubba aka Obama kush is not a bad price these days...shit even finding someone willing to take blackberry these days lol

nugs look good man...I used to rock the snodawg and lvpk for years, snodawg makes some of the absolute best concentrates.

26 for blackberry bubba aka Obama kush is not a bad price these days...shit even finding someone willing to take blackberry these days lol

nugs look good man...I used to rock the snodawg and lvpk for years, snodawg makes some of the absolute best concentrates.

ya, this dispensary had a unique pricing system - you rented a jar for $300/month from them, then they took 10% off the top of sales. So it ended up working out to 26 for the Obamas all said and done. They stopped doing that system though and are now just doing straight consignment with an agreed upon price. No doubt it will be less money in the pocket of the grower now :/

Obama definitely seems to be everywhere in Portland... it was super super popular last spring, then slowed down in the summer, and kinda faded in fall. I did my first crop in the fall after the supply of it went down, and went through 2.5 bows of it at the dispo in about 2 weeks total. It went like hot cakes.

I don't wanna sound all egocentric and all that crap but I'd say it was better than 90% of the pictures of other Obama I saw other dispos posting on instagram... again this is purely based on the pics I saw

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
wow that seems really cheap for stuff that's trimmed up so nice and frosty too.
you'll probably have to switch to light dep to get a better return no?

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
Obama Kush $2600, consignment

View Image

View Image

View Image

The snowdizzle and Obama kush might seem pretty high to most people. This is likely because I had a good relationship with a dispo that did their pricing for vendors set up differently, however they have changed it since then and I suspect it will be considerably lower from now on :cry:

I gotta say it's been a very rough year. This was the year I transitioned from personal to "commercial" growing (although I wouldn't really call it too commercial - I do everything on my own), and after taking into account all my start up expenses, utilities, maintenance, etc, I just about broke even for the year.

Part of this is that I actually follow the OMMP rules, and part of it is that I grow strains I like, and take pride in, that aren't necessarily cash-croppers. If prices continue to drop I'm either gonna have to get out of this industry, or go full "commercial" and only grow weed that I can sell in packs, most likely not to dispos, that is more quantity over quality kind of deal. I don't want to do that.

I hope others in OR can help make this thread a good reference place.

Nice products! I have long time S Oregon ties just across the border from where I currently reside and have been considering a Oregon move but am holding off until things up there get a little more in focus. Specifically, the new Oregon Rec law. Considering what has happened in the neighboring state of Washington with their Rec program, I'm not all that anxious to get in the middle of what could possibly be another state run debacle.

The new Washington Rec program is literally laying to waste the dispensary thing. The state claims- if you want MJ recreational, then you dont need medical. Many dispensaries are already closed because of this thinking while many others are on the verge. The other problem is that the Wash Rec program, according to which news articles you choose to believe, is currently suffering an utter across the board price crash due to the fact that the new Rec businesses overestimated the supply demand. I read one article where a business owner is sitting on 300 lbs he grew, anticipating a big demand that never materialized and now, like many others, is trying to ship out of state. These new Rec businesses owners, growing all this rec mj for what they thought was going to be a booming new industry, have completely blown up the delicate supply and demand balance.

Which leads me back to Oregon. You mention 'cheapest prices on the West Coast" and "consignment". IMO, these 2 conditions, especially when dealing with dispensaries, spell hard times for all serious, accomplished growers. Yes, a good thing for the consumer but the growers will suffer in that low retail prices equate to low wholesale prices which can lead growers to begin "cutting corners" which leads to a lot of crappy products. The good growers will move on, leaving the less informed ones to produce crap and that eventually could become the quality norm for the area.

I thought everyone was over the consignment thing. We have to remember, whether dispensary or Rec store, it's all still considered illegal by the Feds. "Fronting" to any retail MJ outlet is still a gamble. You lose your product, the dispensary walks away after court costs. And I'll never figure out why I, as a grower, should have to make it easy or comfy for any MJ outlet to float their business by 'fronting" them their inventory, especially when they could be raided while I'm standing there. No regular business gets that deal without interest rates attached. Nobody was there for me, fronting me land, soil, lights, nutrients etc. I still find the consignment thing ludicrous.

So, yes, the Oregon retail prices are low and competitive but being competitive can be a double edge sword. For those who want to get into the cultivation part of the new industry up there, I would say go slow. Low retail prices means low wholesale pricing. Sure, if a grower gets a quality hook-up, things can be good for awhile, but eventually, like any other business, another grower will come along with a cheaper wholesale price even if its a bit less quality product and your wholesale connection can disappear overnite...

For now, in the few states that have gone Rec, only a small amount of folks seem to be benefitting, least of all the small time grower who is carrying the load. I hope Oregon can change that...

All that said, on with the show...cc

Last edited:

petert

Nice products! I have long time S Oregon ties just across the border from where I currently reside and have been considering a Oregon move but am holding off until things up there get a little more in focus. Specifically, the new Oregon Rec law. Considering what has happened in the neighboring state of Washington with their Rec program, I'm not all that anxious to get in the middle of what could possibly be another state run debacle.

The new Washington Rec program is literally laying to waste the dispensary thing. The state claims- if you want MJ recreational, then you dont need medical. Many dispensaries are already closed because of this thinking while many others are on the verge. The other problem is that the Wash Rec program, according to which news articles you choose to believe, is currently suffering an utter across the board price crash due to the fact that the new Rec businesses overestimated the supply demand. I read one article where a business owner is sitting on 300 lbs he grew, anticipating a big demand that never materialized and now, like many others, is trying to ship out of state. These new Rec businesses owners, growing all this rec mj for what they thought was going to be a booming new industry, have completely blown up the delicate supply and demand balance.

Which leads me back to Oregon. You mention 'cheapest prices on the West Coast" and "consignment". IMO, these 2 conditions, especially when dealing with dispensaries, spell hard times for all serious, accomplished growers. Yes, a good thing for the consumer but the growers will suffer in that low retail prices equate to low wholesale prices which can lead growers to begin "cutting corners" which leads to a lot of crappy products. The good growers will move on, leaving the less informed ones to produce crap and that eventually could become the quality norm for the area.

I thought everyone was over the consignment thing. We have to remember, whether dispensary or Rec store, it's all still considered illegal by the Feds. "Fronting" to any retail MJ outlet is still a gamble. You lose your product, the dispensary walks away after court costs. And I'll never figure out why I, as a grower, should have to make it easy or comfy for any MJ outlet to float their business by 'fronting" them their inventory, especially when they could be raided while I'm standing there. No regular business gets that deal without interest rates attached. Nobody was there for me, fronting me land, soil, lights, nutrients etc. I still find the consignment thing ludicrous.

So, yes, the Oregon retail prices are low and competitive but being competitive can be a double edge sword. For those who want to get into the cultivation part of the new industry up there, I would say go slow. Low retail prices means low wholesale pricing. Sure, if a grower gets a quality hook-up, things can be good for awhile, but eventually, like any other business, another grower will come along with a cheaper wholesale price even if its a bit less quality product and your wholesale connection can disappear overnite...

For now, in the few states that have gone Rec, only a small amount of folks seem to be benefitting, least of all the small time grower who is carrying the load. I hope Oregon can change that...

I'm an Oregon grower with WA Rec grower friends…I live in the Or/WA border in the Gorge (pretty dam good growing climate) WA's problem is the med program growers are not regulated or taxed and WA taxes the shit out of their rec weed.
There are 10+ times the number of medical dispensaries vs rec weed stores and the medical weed is WAY cheaper…So why drive 30 minutes to pay twice as much for rec weed when everyone knows somebody with a medical card to get jot for then at half the price!!
I know I'm attended as many OLCC meetings as I can to voice my opinions. Oregon is only levying a 1 time $35 an ounce tax at the processor level..which is an improvement over WA fucked up law.
ANYWAY….I don't have pics. But I gow outdoor..Two of my strains Cinex and Gorilla Grape both tested over 20% THC and Cinex had no detectable molds the Gorilla had 3,467 cfu/g (under 10,000 cfu/g is considered acceptable) both are offered at Thurman Collective in NW PDX for $220 oz.

This is a great discussion, and a lot of very good points have been made. However, for the focus of this thread at least for now I want the scope of the thread to focus primarily on what prices vendors are getting right now so we have some kind of data and reference points to look at.

thank you for chiming in :tiphat:

I'm an Oregon grower with WA Rec grower friends…I live in the Or/WA border in the Gorge (pretty dam good growing climate) WA's problem is the med program growers are not regulated or taxed and WA taxes the shit out of their rec weed.
There are 10+ times the number of medical dispensaries vs rec weed stores and the medical weed is WAY cheaper…So why drive 30 minutes to pay twice as much for rec weed when everyone knows somebody with a medical card to get jot for then at half the price!!
I know I'm attended as many OLCC meetings as I can to voice my opinions. Oregon is only levying a 1 time $35 an ounce tax at the processor level..which is an improvement over WA fucked up law.
ANYWAY….I don't have pics. But I gow outdoor..Two of my strains Cinex and Gorilla Grape both tested over 20% THC and Cinex had no detectable molds the Gorilla had 3,467 cfu/g (under 10,000 cfu/g is considered acceptable) both are offered at Thurman Collective in NW PDX for $220 oz.

wow dude... that's probably the highest I've seen outdoor listed at in Portland. Normally everything is $5-8/gram for "sungrown" but looks like yours is commanding a full $10. That is very impressive.

Can I ask - did you get paid up front or did you do consignment? if consignment, how has that worked out for you so far? turn around times?

enemycompany

Being in the same boat, maybe a little set on a move, I appreciate where Cowboy is coming from. I know that I don't expect to get anything off to a dispensary for more than 1800, maybe in a drought 2k, and we'll be doing a killer light dep/assist in Euge.

The latest trend I'm seeing in PDX clubs is increased use of tiered pricing. Middies and outdoor are available in some clubs for ~$160. Top shelf seems to be just a bit more expensive this year at ~$220-$260.

Really interested to see what will happen to prices July 1st when rec cannabis becomes legal but nobody can buy it anywhere legally.

Also curious why clubs are currently selling clones at only $15 when clone producers get taxed $5 a plant from the getgo when selling them wholesale. So clones go for $7.50 wholesale, $5 gets taxed immediately, and then the cloner producer has to pay taxes on that remaining $2.50? That's a joke.

With a profit margin that slim the only ones who will be able to make any headway in the clone biz will be big-box growers. Is that really what we want? Small-time collectors and farmers like myself will be totally screwed if the retail clone price doesn't come up to $20. For a plant that produces over a grand in product $20 dollars seems pretty damned reasonable to me.

BigNoise

Really interested to see what will happen to prices July 1st when rec cannabis becomes legal but nobody can buy it anywhere legally.
How many people homebrew beer vs drink it, or grow a garden vs eat vegetables? I would imagine the percentage of growers vs smokers will be similar.

ApolloAK

What? It's easy to make money on clones, I'm down in Cali and the place I sell to pays me $5 all day anytime I drop clones off. He sells me for $10. The clone biz is one part of the industry that you need to be running hydro to do, the plants just recover and grow out so much faster.

What? It's easy to make money on clones, I'm down in Cali and the place I sell to pays me $5 all day anytime I drop clones off. He sells me for $10. The clone biz is one part of the industry that you need to be running hydro to do, the plants just recover and grow out so much faster.

I guess you aren't reading what I'm saying. If I sold $5 clones to clubs I'd have to pay a $5 tax at the transfer. It's Oregon state law. That would be a net profit of $0. I'd have to sell clones for $10 to make $5, and then I'd have to pay taxes on that to the state and feds. And that doesn't include expenses for production.

I'd take the $10... but clubs won't pay that because they sell for $15.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
I guess you aren't reading what I'm saying. If I sold $5 clones to clubs I'd have to pay a $5 tax at the transfer. It's Oregon state law. That would be a net profit of $0. I'd have to sell clones for $10 to make $5, and then I'd have to pay taxes on that to the state and feds. And that doesn't include expenses for production.

I'd take the $10... but clubs won't pay that because they sell for $15.

this does not sound like a formula for success

Well I'm glad to see this thread gaining some momentum!

Any others care to share what kinda prices they're fetching for their products???

ALSO. With tax filing deadline about a month away - what is everyone doing?

One of my friends had emerge law group set up his LLC for about $1000 (think he said something about it was $250/hour and something like 4 hours for them to do the appropriate one for a mmj bizz) and then used one of their accountants to file.

Can anyone else shed some insight? $1000 just to set up the LLC alone seems insanely expensive to me.

Also, if people don't file, what might happen? Is the IRS going to check in on all the dispos vendor files? Also somewhat confused considering paying taxes in itself is admitting your committing a felony under federal law, no?

Also, if people don't file, what might happen? Is the IRS going to check in on all the dispos vendor files? Also somewhat confused considering paying taxes in itself is admitting your committing a felony under federal law, no?

What most people are doing for now is putting their income into the 'other income' category on their federal tax forms. No need to specify. I think we will see a change in federal policy fairly soon; maybe even this year. Of course, the under-the-table income is insane right now and many are just winging it until the dust settles.

I don't see how they could possibly have the manpower to check disp files and look into related transactions. The government is behind in a big way as far as that goes.

C

Cep

Bad Habits,

You stuff looks well grown. Are you still getting 2.2/ at the same clubs?

I've done some business with clubs before but it ended up being a pain in the ass. Low ballers all over the place. Club sky high for example, steer clear of them.

What I'm curious about is that places offering elites (GG#4, rarer cookies cuts, etc.) are charging 12/g and dont offer ounces, so what is the price per lb to the vendor for those?

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
There seems to be a lot of vendors on craigslist now days. They have the most affordable prices. Never used it myself but some folks do and seem to be making good money under the table. They sell their chronic indoor for 20-25$ an eighth. 100-150$ an ounce. Is that legal or what? Cops don't seem to be doing a thing if its illegal...

Lots of scammers selling people male clones disguised as females....lol....especially dogwalker og clones...