Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Is This Plant Deformed or Sick?

Thread Title Search
Is This Plant Deformed or Sick? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-2021, 05:23 PM #1
Tony Aroma
Let's Go - Two Smokes!

Tony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of light
Is This Plant Deformed or Sick?

The leaves on this plant, Three Blue Kings, have been twisted and bent and curled since its second set of leaves. It's 41 days old, and has been in this bag for about 3 weeks. I topped it when it only had 3 sets of leaves, hoping it would stimulate it to grow normally, but the new leaves are just as deformed. Other than the organic amendments I added to the soil, it hasn't been fed, just plain water.

Four other plants in the same cabinet, same soil, same everything are doing great, normal looking and healthy. The deformed plant is still growing, but it's behind the others.

Do you think this is some kind of nutrient deficiency/overdose problem? Or is this just a mutant, deformed plant?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3BK Day 41.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	559465

Get up, stand up. Stand up for your rights.
B. Marley
Tony Aroma is offline Quote

Old 02-22-2021, 06:14 PM #2
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
All things being equal, defective genes. Continue treating her has you have and see what develops or bin it

Some people understand when you tell them,
not to piss on an electric fence,
others have to find out for themselves. ~ Im'one

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

Civilization is the history of conspiracy!
What is civilization but, a conspiracy,
for all of us to do better, working together!
~Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch..
Switcher56 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:49 PM #3
TanzanianMagic

TanzanianMagic is a name known to allTanzanianMagic is a name known to allTanzanianMagic is a name known to allTanzanianMagic is a name known to allTanzanianMagic is a name known to allTanzanianMagic is a name known to allTanzanianMagic is a name known to allTanzanianMagic is a name known to allTanzanianMagic is a name known to allTanzanianMagic is a name known to allTanzanianMagic is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Aroma View Post
The leaves on this plant, Three Blue Kings, have been twisted and bent and curled since its second set of leaves.
It looks like insect/mite damage.

I would check for insects first. If it are mites, this might just be the first plant they hit.

Having said that, if you let it go long enough, it will pull itself out of it and eventually start producing normal leaves. Some of the best plants I've smoked started out like that.
TanzanianMagic is offline Quote

Old 02-22-2021, 10:06 PM #4
FletchF.Fletch

FletchF.Fletch has much to be proud ofFletchF.Fletch has much to be proud ofFletchF.Fletch has much to be proud ofFletchF.Fletch has much to be proud ofFletchF.Fletch has much to be proud ofFletchF.Fletch has much to be proud ofFletchF.Fletch has much to be proud ofFletchF.Fletch has much to be proud ofFletchF.Fletch has much to be proud ofFletchF.Fletch has much to be proud ofFletchF.Fletch has much to be proud of
Check for Mites like T-Magic says. Also if you've already been spraying, watch the strength of your solution and Do Not apply when the lights are on. Neem and other Oils which are considered safe can do weird things to the leaves.
FletchF.Fletch is offline Quote

Old 02-22-2021, 10:24 PM #5
CrustyCruz

CrustyCruz is a jewel in the roughCrustyCruz is a jewel in the roughCrustyCruz is a jewel in the roughCrustyCruz is a jewel in the roughCrustyCruz is a jewel in the roughCrustyCruz is a jewel in the rough
Calmag fixes everything
CrustyCruz is offline Quote

Old 02-22-2021, 10:28 PM #6
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivorVerdantGreen is a survivor
given that the first two leaves, the three fingered ones, look fairly normal... it looks like the plant has been poisoned somehow or nibbled as the 5 fingered leaves were forming. the new growth looks stunted too (i'm a regular gardener and the new growth looks a bit like a plant trying to grow after it's been sprayed with weedkiller but not quite enough to kill it ). give it some time it may recover.. maybe spray down the leaves with water if it's been sprayed with anything else..or water the soil to runoff a couple times if it's something you've watered it with..

VG

My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)
Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic mod. ScrOG-236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic mod. ScrOG

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod. ScrOG

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

Old 02-22-2021, 10:45 PM #7
Cactus Wes

Cactus Wes is just really niceCactus Wes is just really niceCactus Wes is just really niceCactus Wes is just really niceCactus Wes is just really niceCactus Wes is just really niceCactus Wes is just really niceCactus Wes is just really niceCactus Wes is just really niceCactus Wes is just really nice
Can you post a side by side of your healthy plants next to it?
I as well agree, I suspect something feasting on your roots at first glance.
Scope under your leaf's and the top layer of dirt with a magnifying glass if you have one.
If it's a bug problem, you'll find them with that and want to identify them to know the next steps to take.
The individual plant's genes might be predisposed to be vulnerable to attack.
Where as the other's may just simply be resistant to the same attack.

A wondering PH when soil dries or moistens can jack up your plant like that as well.
Either way get a bit of distance between the healthy plants from the sick one until you can Identify the problem.
Cactus Wes is online now Quote

Old 02-22-2021, 11:11 PM #8
GMT
I am, therefore I think

GMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivor
Its from the blue line, do a search on crinkle leaf pheno. I would say nitrogen overload if it wasn't from the blue line, that doesn't rule anything else out, just adding a possibility.
GMT is online now Quote

Old 02-23-2021, 12:39 AM #9
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivor
That photo looks suspiciously like the early stages of russet mites. Spray it with sulphur. If that improves it, spray everything else with sulphur. If russet mites are the problem and you can keep the temperatures down that should help too, russets love hot weather.
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

Old 02-23-2021, 01:08 AM #10
Tony Aroma
Let's Go - Two Smokes!

Tony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of lightTony Aroma is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Wes View Post
Can you post a side by side of your healthy plants next to it?.
In the photo, left to right, Kandy Kush, AK-47, 3 Blue Kings, Blue Dream, and Fruity Juice Chronic. All the plants are in the same soil, same age. The other 4 plants are very healthy and developing normally. I've started training them, but have not topped them. The soil came from my previous grow, with some new amendments added. All organic.

The first leaves were only slightly bent, and the one set is very curled under, which could mean a N overdose. But other leaves are curled up, and curled sideways, so unless it's very sensitive to the blood meal I amended the soil with, I don't think that's it.

Other than gnats, I've never had any bugs in this cabinet in the 12 years it's been in use. Since the soil was reused, I don't know how anything could've gotten in for this grow, in the middle of winter. Regardless, I don't have anywhere else to put the other plants.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KK-AK47-3BK-BD-FJC Day 41.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	559516

Get up, stand up. Stand up for your rights.
B. Marley
Tony Aroma is offline Quote