Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Security & Legal Issues > VPN's which do you use?

Thread Title Search
VPN's which do you use? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2014, 01:05 AM #1
browntrout

browntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud of
VPN's which do you use?

Hey all, just wonder what you guys are using to secure yourselves?

BT
browntrout is offline Quote

Old 02-25-2014, 02:37 AM #2
Leptosoma
sɔıʇǝuǝ⅁ ʞuoW ʎzɐɹƆ

Leptosoma is a glorious beacon of lightLeptosoma is a glorious beacon of lightLeptosoma is a glorious beacon of lightLeptosoma is a glorious beacon of lightLeptosoma is a glorious beacon of lightLeptosoma is a glorious beacon of lightLeptosoma is a glorious beacon of lightLeptosoma is a glorious beacon of lightLeptosoma is a glorious beacon of lightLeptosoma is a glorious beacon of lightLeptosoma is a glorious beacon of light
I use TOR and i'm pretty happy with it, the only "problem" with TOR is disability to use java/flash in browser so no yt and no chat, this is the cost.

If you buy VPN you usually have to pay online which means you have to give you detalis to provider of VPN service, there is no such problems with TOR.

www.torproject.org

peace
Leptosoma is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:17 AM #3
dddaver

dddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivordddaver is a survivor
My only complaint with tor is it's so slow. Especially with my connection. So I use Anchor Free.

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 02-25-2014, 06:18 AM #4
stoned-trout
if it smells like fish

stoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivor
tor is slow ..gonna look into anchor thanks.....smL
stoned-trout is offline Quote

Old 02-25-2014, 10:01 AM #6
Garhart

Garhart is a jewel in the roughGarhart is a jewel in the roughGarhart is a jewel in the roughGarhart is a jewel in the roughGarhart is a jewel in the roughGarhart is a jewel in the rough
I read "The Puzzle Place" by James Bamfield, so this is not a concern to me. ***

If you are serious about security, it should be a part of your foundation. While it is not new, what is explained is never going to be obsolete. In fact, the opposite is true, it is far more applicable today. It is SO important to understand the history.

I much enjoyed reading about the history of the Tor project. Been a fan of Zimmerman and PGP for a long time. Wish him nothing but the best with his BlackPhone, but I won't be buying one.

***(I am also fortunate to live where it is legal for me to do what I do)

Last edited by Garhart; 02-25-2014 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: sillyness
Garhart is offline Quote

Old 02-25-2014, 05:09 PM #7
browntrout

browntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud ofbrowntrout has much to be proud of
I've got Tor, I know they are essentially the same thing but tor is painfully slow. I was reading a about a vpn with tor in it's name, seems better than most. Wouldn't it be better to have a vpn than having the vpn have personal info? But with tor you can still enter the deep easily lol.

BT

Old 02-25-2014, 05:55 PM #8
Eureka Springs Organics

Privateinternet access. It is fast, and they DO NOT log any traffic. Most VPN's log your traffic. If they get served a warrant then they will have to provide said log. Without a log, a warrant is useless.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:39 AM #10
browntrout

40$/yr is pricey?