Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > Number 1 old fart tip

Thread Title Search
Number 1 old fart tip Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-29-2009, 05:08 AM #1
wspman
curing in a hermetically sealed mayonnaise jar on Funk & Wagnalls front porch since noon yesterday

wspman is just really nicewspman is just really nicewspman is just really nicewspman is just really nicewspman is just really nicewspman is just really nicewspman is just really nicewspman is just really nicewspman is just really nicewspman is just really nice
Number 1 old fart tip

Well gang, we are suspose to get wiser as we get older. Been doing a lot of reflecting lately. I thought I would start a thread to compile the best old fart tips for the younger generation. If we all post our number one tip, this thread could be a wealth of information. Ok, here's mine....

Sugars and starches are stored in the roots during night hours for use by the plant during daylight hours. These sugars and starches not only effect the taste but the burnalility of bud. Harvest should always occur at night before lights come on there by keeping those nasty things in the roots and not in the buds. This combined with flushing will produce the bud with best taste.

Ok, who's next?
wspman is offline Quote

13 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:00 AM #2
fylthevoyd

fylthevoyd will become famous soon enough
Growing weed is like having an affair.....as bad as you want to brag and talk about it to somebody...it is best to keep it quiet...or the sweetness will come to an end
fylthevoyd is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:15 AM #3
Kizzattack

Kizzattack is a jewel in the roughKizzattack is a jewel in the roughKizzattack is a jewel in the roughKizzattack is a jewel in the roughKizzattack is a jewel in the roughKizzattack is a jewel in the roughKizzattack is a jewel in the rough
I've nothing to contribute here, as I'm nowhere near an old fart, but I think this is a great idea for a thread.

~Bruce Lee~
Kizzattack is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:32 AM #4
TheMintMan

1) Letting your water sit out for 24 hours allows the chlorine to evaporate out.

2) Putting an airstone in your water for 12-24 hours adds dissolved oxygen. (A GOOD thing)

3) Always check your pH before attempting to correct a deficiency with more fertilizer.

4) If you are using chemical nutrients adjust your pH to 6.5 or lower BEFORE adding them to your water. Anything higher can damage/alter your nutrients' chemical makeup. (10k)

5) If using soil, add at least 20% perlite for drainage. Feed every other, or every 3rd watering until you see runoff to avoid salt buildup.

6) As a general rule of thumb- Blue spectrum for veg ('cool white' fluoros, or MH HID) and Red(ish) for flowering (warm 'white' fluoros, or HPS HID)

7) Don't let your temps get anywhere near 90+ unless you are adding supplemental CO2.

8) Potency of your final product will depend more on genetics than any additive or gadget your hydro store will try and sell you. If you are not satisfied with the potency of your buds, get a new strain- not a new bottle of something.

9) Your own urine (diluted at 1:10 parts water) will work as a fertilizer in a pinch. Though I wouldn't recommend it long term, nor on flowering plants.

10) Ventilation and circulation are two different things and both very important to your plants' growth. Do some research and get them both figured out before you turn on your light and fry your plants.

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:38 AM #5
Bulldog11
Banned

Bulldog11 is a name known to allBulldog11 is a name known to allBulldog11 is a name known to allBulldog11 is a name known to allBulldog11 is a name known to allBulldog11 is a name known to allBulldog11 is a name known to allBulldog11 is a name known to allBulldog11 is a name known to allBulldog11 is a name known to allBulldog11 is a name known to all
Without a perfect environment, no fertilizer will help. Get your room temps and co2 levels perfect before messing with anything else.
Bulldog11 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:25 AM #6
Classyathome

Don't sweat the petty stuff - and don't pet the sweaty stuff...

Old 06-30-2009, 06:03 AM #7
Classyathome

Shit happens - get over it.

The world owes you nothing - get over it.

She found someone else - get over it.

Your cat could care less how much you love it - get over it.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:28 PM #8
DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivor
My tip...security in your circle..more of my friends got busted by showing thier grows off to a friend of a friend, or smoking weed with a friend of a friend..it is so hard to make new friends if you can't let them in to your circle..but be careful, go slow, take along the newbies a few times without talking about or smoking weed. Make friends you can trust slowly and carefully. DD.
DoobieDuck is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:04 PM #9
eglider

eglider will become famous soon enougheglider will become famous soon enough
Keep a spare roll of toilet paper on the tank. You'll be happy you did.
eglider is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:14 PM #10
OldTroll

OldTroll will become famous soon enough
OldTroll is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.