Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

Thread Title Search
Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2021, 10:12 AM #321
Dube

Dube is a jewel in the roughDube is a jewel in the roughDube is a jewel in the roughDube is a jewel in the roughDube is a jewel in the roughDube is a jewel in the roughDube is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjaneismyfre View Post
For outdoor why not just add bonemeal and dolomite lime or oyster shell etc for calcium? Or just include enough in your feed water if mixing nutes and not making a hot mix..
I already do most of that but I would like to do it to a couple plants and compare the differences. I know tom hill used calcium25 on his plants as a foliar and he said they were noticably more pest and mold/mildew resistant.
Dube is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2021, 05:56 PM #322
ButterflyEffect

ButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube View Post
I already do most of that but I would like to do it to a couple plants and compare the differences. I know tom hill used calcium25 on his plants as a foliar and he said they were noticably more pest and mold/mildew resistant.
The benefits of Calcium25 might be the Boric acid or the Tria that they totally claim isn't in it.
ButterflyEffect is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2021, 06:25 PM #323
Dube

Dube is a jewel in the roughDube is a jewel in the roughDube is a jewel in the roughDube is a jewel in the roughDube is a jewel in the roughDube is a jewel in the roughDube is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyEffect View Post
The benefits of Calcium25 might be the Boric acid or the Tria that they totally claim isn't in it.
Yes that's why I'm using the calcium metasolate...
Dube is offline Quote

Old 02-04-2021, 08:39 PM #324
indocult

indocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura about
I think I'm going to try Biomin calcium next.

I really like the results from metalosate calcium, but I hate opening the container due to the consistency of it.

The numbers on Biomin look pretty similar to metalosate.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-05-2021, 05:38 AM #325
ButterflyEffect

ButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really niceButterflyEffect is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by indocult View Post

I really like the results from metalosate calcium, but I hate opening the container due to the consistency of it.

I used it for a short period in my perlite hempys. It jacked up the pH both in the solution and the rootzone. I found it to unpredictable. Maybe the fact that it's a carbonate, I'm not sure. I occasionally use it as a foliar but I've mostly shifted away from it.

I mostly use gypsum in veg and Growmore Calmag in veg through stretch, but as a foliar only.

Old 02-06-2021, 10:01 PM #326
indocult

indocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura about
The Biomin is unpredictable, or the metalosate?

Personally I'm digging the metalosate, it just smells like shit and the powder gets everywhere.. then absorbs all the water from the air whenever it lands on whatever surface, leaving a sticky mess.

Went ahead and got the growmore, I couldn't find anything bigger than a quart last time I looked.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:41 PM #327
ButterflyEffect

Quote:
The Biomin is unpredictable, or the metalosate?

Personally I'm digging the metalosate, it just smells like shit and the powder gets everywhere.. then absorbs all the water from the air whenever it lands on whatever surface, leaving a sticky mess.

Went ahead and got the growmore, I couldn't find anything bigger than a quart last time I looked.
The Biomin. Don't take anything I say as gospel, though. I'm still trying to figure out the big Calcium quandry. Running in hempys makes it challenging for me to get adequate levels of Ca into the plants by the end of stretch. I seem to be playing this yoyo game of not enough/too much.

I don't have any metalosate yet. The GM, from what I can tell, only comes in a quart.

Right now I add maybe 1/2tsp of gypsum to my veg mixes, followed by epsom foliars when I see Mg def signs.

Old 02-23-2021, 03:18 AM #328
Legalcdn

Legalcdn is a jewel in the roughLegalcdn is a jewel in the roughLegalcdn is a jewel in the roughLegalcdn is a jewel in the roughLegalcdn is a jewel in the roughLegalcdn is a jewel in the roughLegalcdn is a jewel in the rough
Interesting academic site, mentions humic acid in late flowering might impact THC. Lots of interesting articles.
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...019.00736/full

Last edited by Legalcdn; 02-23-2021 at 03:51 AM..
Legalcdn is offline Quote

Old 02-23-2021, 04:03 PM #329
caljim
I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.

caljim has a brilliant futurecaljim has a brilliant futurecaljim has a brilliant futurecaljim has a brilliant futurecaljim has a brilliant futurecaljim has a brilliant futurecaljim has a brilliant futurecaljim has a brilliant futurecaljim has a brilliant futurecaljim has a brilliant futurecaljim has a brilliant future
Quote:

The stuff is sticky....like spray dried malt extract ( for home brewing)...I portioned some out into a smaller vessel for use. I do like it as a foliar. It really helped me to keep things green during the transition when using not well buffered coir. Going to work with it some more to get a better feel.

The Mr. Fulvic has proven to be a great replacement for the now unavailable SM-90....keeping my roots whiter than ever and it has really shined as addition to my cloning program.....from cuts standing in cups of water to branches just plugged into 1/2 gals of coir...boom! lots of white fuzzy roots.
caljim is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-23-2021, 10:33 PM #330
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

BillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to allBillFarthing is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalcdn View Post
Interesting academic site, mentions humic acid in late flowering might impact THC. Lots of interesting articles.
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...019.00736/full
Their source of humic acid could be unrefined Leonardite or asphaltite for sealing driveways with lots of contaminants for all we know.

I'll stick with refined fulvic acid (no humic), thanks.

DIY nutrients/biostimulants/IPM
https://opensalts.wikidot.com/
BillFarthing is offline Quote