Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Propagation > Cannabis Seed Storage

Thread Title Search
Cannabis Seed Storage Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2021, 02:53 AM #121
Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner has a spectacular aura aboutHopefull Stoner has a spectacular aura aboutHopefull Stoner has a spectacular aura aboutHopefull Stoner has a spectacular aura aboutHopefull Stoner has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Forget glass. Go with seed tubes like I do.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...&postcount=499

yes, brother grabbed 1k of the smaller 1.5/2.0 had credit on the snake site so was free basically, bought a label machine on sale new and 6 cartridges on the snake. need to learn the machine to do inventory using the labels. a pita that will make shit easier in the future.

how do you store your tubes. i was looking a the centrifuge vial racks trying to get the best bang for a buck. saw a 5 pack but wanted to know if i can stack them. will have to ask. $15 for the 5 different colored racks. i like that to be able to quickly id what is where.
Hopefull Stoner is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2021, 01:59 AM #122
Indie

Indie will become famous soon enoughIndie will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefull Stoner View Post
can u share ur step by step method tp store and also HOW YOU PREP/THAW TO USE PLEASE. THX.
Absolutely! It’s really pretty simple, Mother Nature freezes seeds regularly, but she starts slowly. This is after properly drying and curing of the seeds of course, I would not do this with green seeds.
When I receive seeds to run or long term storage, they go into a lightproof container and into the fridge. Fridge temps around 36°F. They generally stay in the fridge for 2 weeks before going into the first freezer. The first freezer is just a typical residential freezer, and the seeds spend about 2 weeks in there, and temps are about 15°F.
After the two weeks they go into a commercial deep freezer, and temps are -20°F.
Just a side note.....make the transfer from each fridge and freezer as quickly as possible, just as to not let the seeds come up in temp.
That’s where they stay until ready to thaw and grow, and at that point you just reverse the process.
Just remember warm them up slowly, don’t try and speed things up much or your germination rates will go down. Deep freeze, back to residential freezer, then back to fridge, then they are ready. Warming up process should take a month, so plan accordingly.
I use a small amount of heat when germinating my seeds, so that also may contribute to good germination rates with old seeds.
Indie is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:59 AM #123
Element115

Element115 is a jewel in the roughElement115 is a jewel in the roughElement115 is a jewel in the roughElement115 is a jewel in the roughElement115 is a jewel in the roughElement115 is a jewel in the rough
Element115 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.