Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Hope in Tennessee?

Thread Title Search
Hope in Tennessee? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2018, 09:32 PM #1
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Thumbs up Hope in Tennessee?

small steps, folks, small steps...
a medical cannabis bill has advanced out of committee by a 4-3 vote, carried forward by the tie-breaking vote of TN House Speaker Beth Harwell (R). not surprisingly, the tie was produced by all 3 Democrats voting for it, & all 3 Republicans voting it down. it was sponsored by a pair of Republicans: State Senator Steve Dickerson of Nashville & Rep. Jeremy Faison of Cosby. Nashville recently tried to decriminalize cannabis along with Memphis, but was forced to drop the issue by the state. Cosby, not being a hotspot of big-city values, nevertheless is a hotspot of common sense in my end of the state. kudoes to the legislators involved, & my hat is off to Ms. Harwell for defying "conventional wisdom" & voting to help the citizens of the state. a journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step...

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:51 PM #2
40AmpstoFreedom

40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future
I would move there in a heart beat what a beautiful state. I have driven through many and it is by far the prettiest I have seen yet that doesn't have extreme weather that isn't worth going through to have 4 month or so of decent weather. Wish you guys luck.

Click here for a link to all of my grows
40AmpstoFreedom is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:52 AM #3
Pinball Wizard
Senior Boomer

Pinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond reputePinball Wizard has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

My TN 69th District state rep said he was in favor of medical cannabis, but voted against it.
Pinball Wizard is offline Quote

Old 03-10-2018, 03:06 AM #4
Itsmychoice

Itsmychoice is a jewel in the roughItsmychoice is a jewel in the roughItsmychoice is a jewel in the roughItsmychoice is a jewel in the roughItsmychoice is a jewel in the roughItsmychoice is a jewel in the roughItsmychoice is a jewel in the rough
I believe

The speaker has a good testimonial of her sister's experience with medical cannabis and it's a story that all the old folks need to hear. She was considering a run for governor, hopefully she will still give it a go. https://tennesseestar.com/2018/01/07/beth-harwell-maybe-medical-marijuana-is-a-gift-from-god/
Itsmychoice is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:48 PM #5
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant future
People talk about how great the pot is in Calif, Oregon, & Washington but I know a lot of states have people growing The Kind. Tennessee included.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 03-12-2018, 07:47 AM #6
Farm Hero

Farm Hero has a spectacular aura aboutFarm Hero has a spectacular aura aboutFarm Hero has a spectacular aura aboutFarm Hero has a spectacular aura aboutFarm Hero has a spectacular aura about
beware of medical legalization if it contains more than one page of rules. don't get fooled like every other state
Farm Hero is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:44 AM #7
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
i feel the need to apologize to one of those on the committee. i inadvertantly misrepresented Rep. Tilman Goins (R-Morristown) by saying all that voted for this proposal were Democrats except for Ms. Harwell. i would like to thank Rep. Goins for using his brain & listening to science instead of Big Pharma & the National GOP "drug warriors" that want to keep their boots on our necks for profit .

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:32 AM #8
SoulAnnoyed
Banned

SoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post
People talk about how great the pot is in Calif, Oregon, & Washington but I know a lot of states have people growing The Kind. Tennessee included.
"TN man says quality of Colorado Springs weed is an absolute fraud"
https://csindy.com/IndyBlog/archives...absolute-fraud

"Both my wife and I, we're old: I'll be 64 next month. I've seen and I've done it all, OK?" he says. "I've had really, really good stuff before, OK, and it's really easy to tell when something isn't even in the ballpark, you know what I mean? It's not even in the ballpark. It's obvious."

Last edited by SoulAnnoyed; 03-31-2018 at 03:44 AM..
SoulAnnoyed is offline Quote

Old 03-31-2018, 03:31 PM #9
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAnnoyed View Post
"TN man says quality of Colorado Springs weed is an absolute fraud"
https://csindy.com/IndyBlog/archives...absolute-fraud

"Both my wife and I, we're old: I'll be 64 next month. I've seen and I've done it all, OK?" he says. "I've had really, really good stuff before, OK, and it's really easy to tell when something isn't even in the ballpark, you know what I mean? It's not even in the ballpark. It's obvious."
Just like Oregon rec. - Cannabis sold by Shylocks, to be avoided.

Finishing up my winter grow now, so I'll have fresh Cannabis in September.

There's a side benefit to the winter grow, especially for people with electric heat - it doesn't increase your electric bill at all.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 04-01-2018, 02:46 AM #10
SoulAnnoyed
Banned

SoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post
Just like Oregon rec. - Cannabis sold by Shylocks, to be avoided.

Finishing up my winter grow now, so I'll have fresh Cannabis in September.

There's a side benefit to the winter grow, especially for people with electric heat - it doesn't increase your electric bill at all.
I've been in a temporary living situation for 4 months. It's bad having to smoke weed someone grew strictly for profit. Wish I kept every ounce I sold before moving.

I'll be ready to fire up just in time for the heat. Great timing!
SoulAnnoyed is offline Quote