Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > The BroomRoom...

Thread Title Search
The BroomRoom... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2014, 07:54 PM #1
SmellyFlorist

SmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really nice
The BroomRoom...

.......icmag... watsup

Thread time....

Right a lil intro.... iv been in this place a lil over 12months, an when I say place I mean 6 walls and sum roof sheeting, thats it, no power, no water, just shelter. Its been one hell of a learning process, with its ups and downs, but I can confidently say Im better off than i was this time last year....

The set up Iv got at the moment is a basic walkin cupboard... I know.
Two 400w hps bulbs set up in a fat squashed donut...
The room I built measures 1.1m in width by 1.6m in depth and is bout 3m in height... yeah nice headroom. I built a cheap DIY carbon scrubber based off a thread from the link0rama[another epic part of ic] its pretty friggen huge but I did make sure to follow the formula[cant remember details at the mo, but hav records somewhere] so there is real good air flow and I do get a bit of negative pressure which can suck the door closed.... thats connected to a overkill ceiling fan thats built into the ceiling of the room, the rest of my place has no ceilings.... see below
One real important point I must raise real early is that this pretty much as hillybilly as it can get....... serious....
Mostly everything is diy, everthing. I live in the bush in a 3rd world country and hate having to travel far.... and many things around here seem to be from the stone age anyway, its not just me...
I stay in the sub tropics and during our summer the humidity is crazy.... as in you can drink it crazy... so Batteling that and the heat is a task...
Right now the room is down, lost a whole set of clones bout 7weeks back[more info on that later...] but a new set are on the way and Im hoping for a month end flip....
Im really looking for advice on my setup, plants and other things with the creation of this thread... Indoors Iv only flowered vert, and many of the legends who post in the vert forums are who I have learnt how to do things from, so as a progressive step Iv created this thread in order to learn more an try an better things... while having a good laugh along the way and who knows, maybe others can learn, like i have from others here and continue too...
Ic has been such a haven for me as Iv been lurking for many years...
so...........

Pics or it never happened, right...?

SmellyFlorist is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:35 AM #2
Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivor
You should look into Marlo's thread. He runs a room that is smaller in width than yours is. Might be some good info in there for you. And I am sure he would be more than willing to help with questions.

Vertical Scrogg
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837
Ichabod Crane is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:36 AM #3
d3cryption

d3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really nice
pics not working.

“I'm the guy, your boss brought here, to show you how it's done... and if this is how you run your lab, no wonder. You're lucky he haven't fired your ass. And if you don't want that to happen I suggest you stop wining like a little bitch and do what I say...” -Jesse; Breaking Bad

"in god we trust...all others pay CASH....
trust no one but U'r self, the blame game is much easier that way... " -- yortbogey
d3cryption is offline Quote

Old 10-18-2014, 07:53 AM #4
SmellyFlorist

SmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really niceSmellyFlorist is just really nice
@ Inchabod crane... watsup. Thanks for stopping by. Iv spent many an hour getting lost in your threads and always have a good chuckle while doin it... you got mad training skills on those individual screens of yours and your plants look great digg those chickens too.... need to get some....
Your right, Iv spent a lot of time gaining heaps of knowledge from marlos many threads[omg those diesels!] and his room is what I 'based' quite a of my specs from.... lots more to gain though

@ decrytion.... watsup, thanks for stopping by. Not to sure why? first pics Iv uploaded... Have noticed they tiny.... any help would be appreciated....

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:55 AM #5
d3cryption

d3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really niced3cryption is just really nice
Make sure you don't have your albums set to private.

“I'm the guy, your boss brought here, to show you how it's done... and if this is how you run your lab, no wonder. You're lucky he haven't fired your ass. And if you don't want that to happen I suggest you stop wining like a little bitch and do what I say...” -Jesse; Breaking Bad

trust no one but U'r self, the blame game is much easier that way... " -- yortbogey

Old 10-18-2014, 08:07 AM #6
SmellyFlorist

I think I set them to private..... thanks brah...

Old 10-18-2014, 08:11 AM #7
SmellyFlorist

@ decryption.... Iv set them to public, they should be working now?

Old 10-18-2014, 08:35 AM #8
d3cryption

yup. working looking good

Old 10-18-2014, 08:57 AM #9
SmellyFlorist

@ decryption... thanks brah...

As I said earlier I lost a whole set of clones few weeks back...
So the rooms been empty, perfect time for a lil remodel, Iv put shelves @ bout 800 from the FFl, im tired of sitting on the floor, at least now I can place a stool in there to do some graft....
Im also planning on running small but more plants. The last runs have been 9plants, and then 6. This run Im planning on running 20 clones on the shelves. I still need to fix the netting, which will be hung in line with the edge of the shelves[not against the walls] to create a 'fence effect'... thats the plan anyway...
Iv also built a light holder, run on a pully, so I can adjust the light hight more easly...
Iv given the walls above the shelving another 2 fresh coats of flat white paint to the height of 800mm. But looking at the pics, the whole room really needs to be bombed in white.....
Any advice of change you guys would make or do differently? stuff im missing....

so yeah... need to clean the dust off the scrubber.....

Old 10-19-2014, 08:15 AM #10
SmellyFlorist

More pics...

these are the set of clones that are goin in next....

I can see that these girls dont look too happy... and this is what started to happen to the last set that I lost...
This problems been in the veg room on different plants at differrent times, for the last few months, its really had me scratching my head... The leaves canoe and look blistery... the leaves claw on most affected plants and growth just stops... a week back I began to think I migth have a broad mite problem... Iv been spraying... but not likes its armageddon.... which I believe is needed to kill these lil bastards

any thoughts from you guys what could be the problem here....??
These lil ladies are in coco, I make a light feed, consisting of home made worm tea, molasses, drop or two of high nitrogen fish emulsion, mixed with an equal amount fresh rain water collected off the gutters.... and Iv been feeding this very lightly, maybe only once a week...

Any input or thoughts will be greatly appreciated....