in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
GIRL's GOT SKILLS Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2018, 01:26 PM #5081
Smokin Joe
Humpin to please

Smokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivor
Frost production isn't bad ether

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:42 PM #5082
RockinRobot

RockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Joe View Post
My first flower run with all led has changed my way of thinking
View Image
I was in the saltwater reef hobby for many years and went through the whole HID vs LED debate there. LED work great.

I personally don't think they're worth the added cost in a grow however.

In the aquarium hobby they are great because of the low amount of downward radiated heat. This stops the water from heating up. In a tent or grow room that heat still has to be dealt with. X watts of lighting will still put out X amount of heat.

Today's New CMH lights are almost as cool as LED and have a much better spectrum. Only the plasma lights put out a better spectrum for growing than CMH.

I'm planning to replace all of my 600w HPS with 630w CHM as soon as I can afford.

They are way cheaper than LED and bulbs are longer lasting than HPS or MH.

IMO headroom is the only real benefit to LED in a grow.
RockinRobot is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2018, 04:31 PM #5083
Drumskinz

Drumskinz is a splendid one to beholdDrumskinz is a splendid one to beholdDrumskinz is a splendid one to beholdDrumskinz is a splendid one to beholdDrumskinz is a splendid one to beholdDrumskinz is a splendid one to beholdDrumskinz is a splendid one to beholdDrumskinz is a splendid one to beholdDrumskinz is a splendid one to beholdDrumskinz is a splendid one to beholdDrumskinz is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Joe View Post
My first flower run with all led has changed my way of thinking
View Image
Joe what is the general height above your flowers do you try to maintain? The reason I ask is my grow room is height challenged...from flood tray bottom to ceiling is just a little over 7ft. And from the ceiling to the underside of my light is 16”. So right now I have a space of 5’8” under my lights. So with led lights like the hlg550 they are about 4” thick I could gain about a foot of space. Does this sound like enough room to use those led’s?
Drumskinz is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:18 PM #5084
Aspenou812

Aspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivor
I'm just thinking that with my 200 amp service with the rooms I want to build... the cooling would be so much easyer than a hid to cool... If the weight is there with the led lights most of my concerns are over...
Life should not be a journey to the grave with intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WoW What A Wild Ride" - Hunter S Thompson

GIRL'S GOT SKILLS come check out the thread everyone Strains = Gorilla Bubble 6, Gorilla Berry Diesel, Train Wreck this run.....
( https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336244 )

i could clock in for very little per hour and turn into a zombie ...no thanks, since i've already been branded BAD by society i'll stick to what i do... QUOTE... STAR CRASH....
Aspenou812 is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2018, 07:09 PM #5085
RockinRobot

RockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenou812 View Post
I'm just thinking that with my 200 amp service with the rooms I want to build... the cooling would be so much easyer than a hid to cool... If the weight is there with the led lights most of my concerns are over...
Aspen check out this article.

https://growace.com/blog/ceramic-meta...-guide-review/

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:53 PM #5086
Buckeyebandit

Buckeyebandit is a name known to allBuckeyebandit is a name known to allBuckeyebandit is a name known to allBuckeyebandit is a name known to allBuckeyebandit is a name known to allBuckeyebandit is a name known to allBuckeyebandit is a name known to allBuckeyebandit is a name known to allBuckeyebandit is a name known to allBuckeyebandit is a name known to allBuckeyebandit is a name known to all
RR that’s why I am running the 315 cmh 3100 k bulbs in my new room. I did look hard at led cobs from timber and HGL but bought the 315 ( pair ) not to mention the cost difference
Buckeyebandit is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2018, 09:08 PM #5087
RockinRobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyebandit View Post
RR that’s why I am running the 315 cmh 3100 k bulbs in my new room. I did look hard at led cobs from timber and HGL but bought the 315 ( pair ) not to mention the cost difference
Yes and the 315's were cooler than the LED.

Also another advantage, if you get remote ballast models you can mount the ballast outside the room for even more heat savings

Old 03-15-2018, 03:06 AM #5088
Dawn Patrol
Relentlessly Taking Cuts

Dawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud of
I moved from 8 remote mounted driver LED COBS to 2 remote mounted ballast 315 CMH in my cabinet (plant space roughly 3' x 5").

In that space, the CMH runs about 3-5 degrees warmer than the COBs did, but the quality increase due to the spectrum difference sealed the deal for me.

That said, each of my COBs was the same temp and I think a mix would have performed better. I could have used another 2-4 COBs in there as well.

A third CMH would be insane in there, but they are so cheap I may do it anyway.

Quantum boards may be different animal than COBs though - do they combine different temp chips on the board or are they typically all the same?

Gotta be a game changer if Joe likes em

See some of my girls

Gainesville Green - my first true love

Whats going on in my grow cab???
Dawn Patrol is online now Quote

Old 03-15-2018, 04:06 PM #5089
Smokin Joe
Humpin to please

Smokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivorSmokin Joe is a survivor
Yes qb's are a different animal. I have a 630 cmh right beside a 9 board light. The side next to o the qb's is noticeably doing better. I'll let ya know when they get further along. Also I don't know about the 315's but the qb's run way cooler than the 630's. Ya can't touch a 630 with your hand

Old 03-15-2018, 04:23 PM #5090
Smokin Joe
Humpin to please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumskinz View Post
Joe what is the general height above your flowers do you try to maintain? The reason I ask is my grow room is height challenged...from flood tray bottom to ceiling is just a little over 7ft. And from the ceiling to the underside of my light is 16”. So right now I have a space of 5’8” under my lights. So with led lights like the hlg550 they are about 4” thick I could gain about a foot of space. Does this sound like enough room to use those led’s?
You do need a few inches above the 550 to move some air and keep the driver cool.
Initially you would want to dim em down and have em about 3' above the plants but you can gradually bump em up and 18" is about as close as you would want but I have had em get to about 10" and started getting top bleaching