Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > LED Grow Lights > SPYDRX PLUS

Thread Title Search
SPYDRX PLUS Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-23-2017, 07:16 PM #71
TahoeTops

TahoeTops is on a distinguished road
I bought two SpydrX-Plus fixtures in February. I have been using them all year long and I have to say I am extremely impressed with the results. So far I have been running unknown strains but starting in January, I will be doing a run of Ken's GDP.

I am now waiting for them to send me a dimmer!

Medical Patient using Therapeutic Cannabis
CA Health & Safety Code S SI 11362.5
Prop. 215 and SB 420 Compliant

Current Grow:
Grand
Daddy Purple
January 2018

Past Grows:
Mazar and Orange Bud
December 2007

Peace!

TahoeTops
TahoeTops is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Click for more info about the Majestic 12 LED panel
Old 01-08-2018, 05:26 AM #72
jocat
green fire

jocat will become famous soon enoughjocat will become famous soon enoughjocat will become famous soon enough
Spyder update

Iv'e been lighting my space with 12 spyders & 4 Gavitas. the LED's are right down on the canopy, the Gavitas at ceiling height, 9' set at 1000w and mostly for the heat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1029170916.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	441554 Click image for larger version

Name:	1029170918b.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	441555 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0746.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	441556 Click image for larger version

Name:	0902170612a.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	441557

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:53 PM #73
PetFlora

PetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Iv'e been lighting my space with 12 spyders & 4 Gavitas. the LED's are right down on the canopy, the Gavitas at ceiling height, 9' set at 1000w and mostly for the heat
Had to stand on my head to view lol

3/14/18 edit: Note in your light photo th red didoes in each bar line up with the ones net to it. Unfortunately, their design is based on a 12" section multiplied by 4, meaning all same spectrum diodes line up with each other. I staggered every other bar ! 6" to spread the reds

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329619

Just because you weren't taught something doesn't mean it's not true, and vice versa
PetFlora is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2018, 02:42 PM #74
Oliver Pantsoff

Oliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of light
Gotta order a spydrx plus..Skeptical about switching out my HPS bulbs, but gonna order 2 to see how they compare. Spoke with the tech over at fluence for 30 min, and they really know there shit. We'll see

OP
Oliver Pantsoff is offline Quote

Old 05-08-2018, 11:35 PM #75
jocat
green fire

jocat will become famous soon enoughjocat will become famous soon enoughjocat will become famous soon enough
Just finished a nice batch with spyders over 4 by 8 trays, 1.7 gpw. these are just over 12 months old & have been running in flower continually without any issues. The expense really demands flawless performance or why would you spend the dollars? I am working on some pic's...

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:23 PM #76
THC123

THC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud of
I have a 5x5 tent and I am thinking about going for the Spydrx Plus because I like the design and even light coverage.

Just one question.

They say it covers 4 x 4 feet. So would one of these be ok for a 5 x 5 feet room? Will there be some light that goes to the sides ? If not I will have to use one more LED to cover the 1x1 feet that the spydrx doenst cover.

I am not growing commercially so weight is not so important but I just want to know if I could fill my entire 5 x 5 ft tent with the Spydrx.
THC123 is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2018, 01:50 PM #77
PetFlora

PetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC123 View Post
I have a 5x5 tent and I am thinking about going for the Spydrx Plus because I like the design and even light coverage.

Just one question.

They say it covers 4 x 4 feet. So would one of these be ok for a 5 x 5 feet room? Will there be some light that goes to the sides ? If not I will have to use one more LED to cover the 1x1 feet that the spydrx doenst cover.

I am not growing commercially so weight is not so important but I just want to know if I could fill my entire 5 x 5 ft tent with the Spydrx.
The perimeter ~ 6-10" of any led is much weaker because it is not being reinforced by another row of leds often being half the umols of the inner measurement @~ 12".

It is not likely that that part of each plant grows straight up, or have as much bud per stem, unless you are also blasting the perimeter.

IMO, much to do about nothing, meaning the cost of the second light is probably not going to give the ROI

hth

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329619

Just because you weren't taught something doesn't mean it's not true, and vice versa
PetFlora is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2018, 03:03 PM #78
eric2028

eric2028 will become famous soon enougheric2028 will become famous soon enough
im also trying out the spydrxplus. seems pretty nice so far, were about week 7 or so. I have the spydr in place of a traditional 1,000 watt hps fixture. its an 18k room.

spydr is in the right rear of the room, a few weeks ago.

close ups a few weeks later.
eric2028 is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2018, 03:19 PM #79
Oliver Pantsoff

Oliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric2028 View Post
im also trying out the spydrxplus. seems pretty nice so far, were about week 7 or so. I have the spydr in place of a traditional 1,000 watt hps fixture. its an 18k room.
View Image
spydr is in the right rear of the room, a few weeks ago.

View Image
close ups a few weeks later.
Sweet man...Is the yield looking like its gonna be pretty good or average?

OP
Oliver Pantsoff is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2018, 05:10 PM #80
eric2028

eric2028 will become famous soon enougheric2028 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Pantsoff View Post
Sweet man...Is the yield looking like its gonna be pretty good or average?

OP
It’s hard to say for sure. They look to be normal size. The penetration also looks good. I’d be happy with average. My thought is, it’s less juice, less ac, and it will be Doubled space because we ll stack em. I ll def keep everyone posted on the results.
eric2028 is offline Quote