Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Pest identification please. Micro photo included.

Thread Title Search
Pest identification please. Micro photo included. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2018, 03:49 AM #11
Absolem

Absolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsofbrixton View Post
anyone know what these are?

Those are called "Springtails".

https://northernwoodlands.org/knots_...-be-far-behind

https://www.google.com/search?q=spri...8Gvk0eX7FeCkM:

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:18 AM #12
Brimstonefire

Brimstonefire is on a distinguished road
These were fem seeds, not clones. I believe the russet mites may have come from an outdoor strain (that switched really early, mid-July and ended early September) that I wanted to keep the genetics, so it was kept in the same space as the my grow. That mother was then put outside again last summer with the same amazing result, but now sick. It spread to everything and got worse with each harvest. I think the outdoor plant may have gotten them from tomatoes, they were both planted in the garden and I have heard they are similar. Either way, learned a big lesson. Sprayed them with warm water at hanging, all four turned out nice. Not at their potential, but a nice variety.
Brimstonefire is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2018, 12:35 PM #13
buzzmobile

buzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxlost View Post
Where did you find these guys at? Cause they look more like thrips under the scope than spring tails. If you found them in the canopy definitely thrips
Quote:
the yellow traps were placed on the media and this is at about 100 magnification
Those in the picture are springtails. Antennae give it away.
buzzmobile is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:32 PM #14
buzzmobile

buzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxlost View Post
Yea but I literally just putting a thrips under a microscope aand that's what they look like and I've put a springtail under a microscope, it's been awhile, and they have alonger antenna and a spring on their tail
I should have said the "structure of the antennae give it away". All but one specie of springtails have only 4 segments on each antenna; the exception has 3 segments. Thrips have from 6 to 9 segments per antenna.

Look closely at the photo and you can see the end of the v-shaped furcula at the base of the abdomen. The furcula is the structure that launches the springtail into the air. It folds under the abdomen and locks onto a structure called a collophore.
buzzmobile is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.