Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > High Blood Pressure

Thread Title Search
High Blood Pressure Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2018, 12:07 PM #1
theclearspot

theclearspot is a jewel in the roughtheclearspot is a jewel in the roughtheclearspot is a jewel in the roughtheclearspot is a jewel in the roughtheclearspot is a jewel in the roughtheclearspot is a jewel in the roughtheclearspot is a jewel in the roughtheclearspot is a jewel in the rough
High Blood Pressure

Hi, I recently collapsed and went into hospital with high blood pressure. My blood pressure is now regulated with tablets so its back in normal range (101/73). Before this incident I was used to having a few beers every night and a few pipe fulls of smoke. Im now about 2 weeks without either and life seems pretty depressing. Im thinking quitting the alcohol altogether and just smoking on friday and saturday evenings. Anyone have any similar experiences or thoughts on this much appreciated....
theclearspot is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2018, 12:10 PM #2
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Time to cut back on booze and smoke.

Your diet is also something important to look at.

Working on Something Sneaky

27 Days Left
troutman is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2018, 01:00 PM #3
Andyo

Andyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to all
62 yrs old

Im 62 yrs old 5 yrs ago i caught dengue fever.
no hospital i rode it out myself
I was quite debilitated ,bleeding ect
certainly some brain damage from swelling/or a small bleed maybe,
As i got better i noticed i felt unwell if i walked a mile ,and had to rest
prior to all this id been going gym and i dont drink alcahol.
I eventually went to hospital i asked for diabetes check .
That turned out fine but my blood pressure was way up.
Doc gave me 5mg Amlopine tablets
BP went down to 120/68

I started concentrating on healthy diet,
just smoke 2 joints before bed
after 2 weeks i noticed walking was fine
i built it up a month later i went back to the gym weight training felt stiff n old but stuck at it .After 1 month in the gym i started cutting tablets in half.
I can get free BP check at the pharmacy on way back from the gym.
After another 3 mnths i stopped the tablets .

3 and a half years down the road ,i do 5 days gym 5 miles sand daily walking 30 mins swim daily in the pool. Weekends just walk n swim
I checked blood pressure 1 yr ago 5 miniutes after gym 128/68
my last check 5 mins after gym was 125/68, resting BP 120/68
looking back to the dengue i was about 10 kg overweight 97kg
now im 6ft and 87 kg not a stitch of fat on me.

my brain function is still not 100% i get vowels mixed up and completley forget words.
memory gaps.ect.A

Diet ,exercise no alcahol,cut down weed, id say smoke just before bed .A

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:16 PM #4
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Smoke more cannabis, and increase the amount of CBD you use. It's medicinal and helps regulate blood pressure. Personally, I'd start using CBD edibles (with my smoke) 3 times a day.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2018, 01:23 PM #5
theclearspot

theclearspot is a jewel in the roughtheclearspot is a jewel in the roughtheclearspot is a jewel in the roughtheclearspot is a jewel in the roughtheclearspot is a jewel in the roughtheclearspot is a jewel in the roughtheclearspot is a jewel in the roughtheclearspot is a jewel in the rough
Thanks guys for the input, I was thinking maybe getting a vaporiser (I was smoking a small pipe) or just doing edibles (although Im not very good at making them) would they be healthier options?
theclearspot is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:08 AM #6
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
yes, vaping and edibles are both healthier options.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:54 AM #7
Sarcclash

Sarcclash is on a distinguished road
Cut 'n paste from another thread

I have hbp too. Here's what I posted on another thread:
"ANY type of smoke you inhale is gonna have plenty of the real killer in it: carbon monoxide(CO).
Carbon monoxide is formed as a by-product of incomplete combustion of any carbon bearing material. If combustion were complete, there would be no smoke, which means no high.
You're probably thinking "Dude, small hits on a glass pipe ain't enough to kill"- not immediately no, but CO has an affinity with the hemoglobin in your blood 200X stronger than oxygen (O2). And it can tie up that hemoglobin for up to 12 hours, which is plenty of time for it to do real damage to your body.
The damage CO does to your body is mechanical.
Once the hemoglobin in your red blood cells attaches to CO, the red blood cell shrinks and becomes hard, hard enough to damage the inside walls of your arteries as it is pumped through. Unfortunately our bodies response to this is to to fix the damage... with cholesterol!
Any one who smokes regularly has arterial plaque, guaranteed. And arterial plaque is the cause of heart attacks, strokes and other forms of blood clots.

My story: I quit cigarettes and all tobacco in the early 1980's. Ran 10k's, hiked for weeks in the wilderness, exercised regularly and I eat healthy. About 4 years ago I reconnected with the noble weed the same way I left it, water bongs. Bigtime. Last summer I was flush with pot, smoked every chance I got. This fall I underwent cardiac catheterization that saved my life as my widowmaker was almost totally occluded.

Sure I probably had damage from before but I know smoking weed these last few years nearly did me in.
Now I vape and yes, it's not the same high as from a bong but I suspect some of that high was from O2 deprivation caused by CO.
A bonus I get from vaping is that vaping (at least mine) doesn't extract all the thc.
The vaped bud has been decarboxylized perfectly and I can sprinkle it on food, yogurt you name it for a double high.
If I were you I'd reconsider smoking anything. "

Sorry about the knowitallness of my post but smoking nearly killed me.
Raw garlic and chia seeds to clean things up on the inside, low intensity cardio and fresh air for the outside.
Another way I choose is edibles, the vaped bud goes good with yogurt, pretty much anything. I used to cook trim and larf with coconut oil and make candy and brownies but I suspect coconut oil ain't as healthy for you as is being touted.
My next adventure will be green dragon style tincture, alcohol based sure, but a few drops under the tongue isn't like drinking a six pack.
Good luck bro. btw I'm 62.
Sarcclash is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:28 AM #8
Douglas.Curtis

Most cannabis is loaded with contaminates. This is why low quality cannabis has the same ashtray smell as tobac.

Completely combust or vape your clean cannabis.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:02 AM #9
doams

doams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nicedoams is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Most cannabis is loaded with contaminates. This is why low quality cannabis has the same ashtray smell as tobac.

Completely combust or vape your clean cannabis.
I am eating vaped stuff right off the vape chamber every other day
and also that accumulated black crystalized stuff off the vape mouthpiece its black crystals and sticky resinous and already decarbed not much taste but the effect is good

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:09 AM #10
Maple_Flail

Maple_Flail is a jewel in the roughMaple_Flail is a jewel in the roughMaple_Flail is a jewel in the roughMaple_Flail is a jewel in the roughMaple_Flail is a jewel in the roughMaple_Flail is a jewel in the rough
Interesting Antidote i do recall reading and wish I could remember the title of the medical paper it was mentioned in.

There has been some coincidental discovery of effects in some unrelated studies that were surprising enough they made note of it in those papers. That being said there seems to be a bit of correlation to the position of your body when you are smoking (meaning standing sitting or reclining) while sitting and reclining there was an uptick in blood pressure swings (meaning sharply rising then sharply falling in a short period) that is not as frequent as those who consumed while standing. as that characteristic sharp rise was not present before the lowered blood pressure, they noted it appeared to also mitigate the amount of blood pressure lost, but also conceded that more stuff on that specific effect would be needed to get a better idea.

TLR of it was basically, they found a correlation between standing sitting and reclining with blood pressure shifts and they want to look into why they witness what they witness, but realistically speaking that's not likely on the top of the list of things to study at the moment.
Maple_Flail is offline Quote