What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

North Korea Making Rapid improvements

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
The issue is when you search in places designed to divide and manipulate. More of that doesn't somehow magically enlighten you. Truly it just cements the partisan propaganda.

I have played clue. Your analogy is interesting, yet fundamentally flawed. In the game, their is no partisan dishonesty.

I agree their is more to discover, generally it lies in old books. Books that came out befor this psycho political tribalism, we have today. Good authors do years of research befor writing a book, as opposed to news reporters and writers, who rarely even stop to accurately fact check. Or even worse write about subjective opinion as if it is fact.

I'm not claiming to be magically enlightened. I'm claiming I read varied bias so as to achieve a rounded view of any particular issue.

I think the more sides I read the better. You don't agree. But you would have a hard time telling me the fewer the sources I read the more magically enlightened I can become.

This all came about when you acted like it wasn't factual and Huffington Post was not a credible source and insinuated Fox News was not or at least less so.

Maybe stopping to fact check would be preferable to knee-jerk reactions about bias due to bias.

packerfan79

Veteran
BALTIMORE (AP) — President Donald Trump has elevated his tax cuts to an act of biblical proportions, misleadingly claiming at a White House speech Friday that they triggered an “economic miracle.”

Not quite.

Also on Friday, the president’s top economics aide, Larry Kudlow, appeared on the Fox Business Network to address one of the major problems with the tax cuts — that they’ll heap more than $1 trillion onto the national debt. Kudlow falsely countered that the budget deficit was falling because of growth generated by the tax cuts. The deficit is actually rising.

A look at the statements and the fact:

TRUMP: “Six months ago, we unleashed an economic miracle by signing the biggest tax cuts and reforms …the biggest tax cuts in American history.”

THE FACTS: The president is exaggerating, if not being outright deceptive.

Rather than achieving a miracle, his tax cuts have helped stoke additional growth in an economic expansion that was already approaching its tenth year. The additional growth is largely fueled by government borrowing, as the federal deficit rises because of the tax cut. The pace of growth is expected to taper off after next year, according to the Congressional Budget Office, the Federal Reserve and outside analysts.

And while the $1.5 trillion worth of tax reductions over the next decade are substantial, they’re far from the largest in U.S. history as a share of the overall economy. The Trump tax cut ranks behind Ronald Reagan’s in the early 1980s, post-World War II tax cuts and at least several more, according to the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, which advocates for deficit reduction.

Trump proudly went through a list of economic achievements that build on the progress begun under former President Barack Obama. The 3.8 percent unemployment rate and the historically low level of requests for jobless aid are both the result of a steady and gradual recovery from the worst economic meltdown since 1929.

Several hundred companies responded to the tax cuts by paying workers bonuses or hiking hourly wages, but any significant income growth has yet to surface in the overall economy.

The tax cuts have added on average $17 a month to people’s incomes, according to an analysis by Ernie Tedeschi, head of fiscal policy analysis at the investment firm Evercore ISI and a former Treasury Department economist. The analysis is based off consumer spending, income and inflation data released Friday.

That $17 monthly gain is helpful, but it’s far from miraculous.

KUDLOW: “As the economy gears up, more people working, better jobs and careers, those revenues come rolling in, and the deficit, which is one of the other criticisms, is coming down, and it’s coming down rapidly.”

THE FACTS: Nope.

Since the fiscal year started in October, Treasury Department reports show the federal government has recorded a $385.4 billion deficit, a 12 percent jump from the same period in the previous year.

The Congressional Budget Office was even more blunt in a long-term assessment released Tuesday.

It estimates that the national debt — the sum of yearly deficits — will be $2.2 trillion higher in 2027 than it had previously forecast, largely a consequence of Trump’s 10-year, $1.5 trillion tax cut. The size of the debt could be even higher if provisions of the tax cut that are set to expire are, instead, renewed.

So your disputing that that tax dollars come from the people. The government doesn't earn that money, the citizens do. The government earns nothing. I am not supporting deficits. I am behind cutting government waste and spending. The government has far exceeded the scope of it's responsibility laid out in the constitution.

The real issue is do we cut spending, or do we we raise taxes. I am in support of massive spending cuts. I bet you weren't complaining when the Obama administration literally doubled the national debt in 8 years. The Obama administration added more to the debt than every previous President combined.

The tax cuts obviously didn't go far enough, and they should have been permanent, but of course Democrats stood in the way. Nothing new. The left would rather have a failing economy, terrorism, and nuclear war than admit things are going pretty well under the Trump administration.

packerfan79

Veteran
I'm not claiming to be magically enlightened. I'm claiming I read varied bias so as to achieve a rounded view of any particular issue.

I think the more sides I read the better. You don't agree. But you would have a hard time telling me the fewer the sources I read the more magically enlightened I can become.

This all came about when you acted like it wasn't factual and Huffington Post was not a credible source and insinuated Fox News was not or at least less so.

Maybe stopping to fact check would be preferable to knee-jerk reactions about bias due to bias.

I wasn't addressing the content, just the partisan propaganda machine that is Huff post. Read all the sources you want, but you quoted huff post, not me. If I quoted fox, or Breitbart, you would have called me out on it. I called you out on your weak source deal with it. Learn from it.

It would be nice if people would fact check. Mabey using a source that does would show your level of intelligence.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I wasn't addressing the content, just the partisan propaganda machine that is Huff post. Read all the sources you want, but you quoted huff post, not me. If I quoted fox, or Breitbart, you would have called me out on it. I called you out on your weak source deal with it. Learn from it.

It would be nice if people would fact check. Mabey using a source that does would show your level of intelligence.

I quoted no one besides our Secretary of State.

I have learned from it.

Thanks for the lesson.

You're still acting like it isn't true by the way.

iTarzan

The national debt almost doubled during Obama's 8 years in power. 10 trillion when he started and it went up 9 .1 trillion. Please stop using national debt as an argument against President Trump. Obama added 90 billion in spending from some of his wasteful and idiotic executive orders just in his last few months of his lame duck year.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol...Good ol John McCain. The only Republican that will be missed by more Decorates than Republicans. Arizona could elect Bernie's son and we would be better off as a nation.

Outch ! I just read that last line and....damn. The fact that I would rather have a scumbag piece of shit commie like Sanders Jr. in the Senate compared to McCain speaks volumes. John Boy is a disgrace...just ask all those killed in Syria etc....

John McCain votes on the floor with his conscience, not along party lines like a 'good little boy'. He'll be missed by millions. Blame whatever you like on him, then prove & convict him of it in a court of law, can't be done now can it? :nono:

I don't see any conservatives crying for GWB's head over that debacle of a war in Iraq.

Google:

As of June 29, 2016, according to the U.S. Department of Defense casualty website, there were 4,424 total deaths (including both killed in action and non-hostile) and 31,952 wounded in action (WIA) as a result of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Bro, pullin' McCain & Syria out of your butt??? are you poopin' me???

Target Bush, he's the culprit for EVERY soldier killed or wounded on both of those fronts, never mind the innocent civilians killed by warring Muslim sects & factions in the Iraqi civil war that occurred after toppling Hussein.

and, AND! President Obama got Osama bin Laden on intelligence, not by bombing the snot out of mountain ranges and the countryside! .......I wear glasses but I sure ain't blind.

A reminder of the thousands of true American Heroes making the ultimate sacrifice; and then of course, enter Seal Team 6, screw bin Laden, got just what he deserved.

[YOUTUBEIF]ZNYmK19-d0U[/YOUTUBEIF]

and I don't need you to admit this, the proof is extended by my next statement as true:
George W. Bush was such a bad president that the citizens of the U.S.A. decided to elect a black man with a Muslin name as president, not once, but TWICE!
:jawdrop:

I love like the brother you are vta, but pointing fingers at something else entirely is an awful way to try get any kind of legitimate point across.

Everyone here should know that whether you're leaning to the right (& I do on a lot of stuff) or the left on matters; keeping us divided and fighting amongst each other keeps us distracted, and them winning, and no matter WHO gets voted into office, we are all flocked!!!

Attributed (but unproven) to Mark Twain is the saying, "If voting made a difference, they wouldn't let us do it."

that holds true no matter what side you choose, it's a sad reality; everybody, every party has their own agenda, hang on tight, we're all in for one ride or another.......

Last edited:

vta

Veteran
Cool story...

What was he doing hanging around with Al Qaeda, White Helmets and the leader of ISIS ? Talking about golf and grand kids?

picture.php

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Even cooler story, tRump walks away with NOTHING but a photo-op and another bag full of his lies, tRump "complete denuclearization" yeah right!!!

When :dunno: wasn't specified in the agreement
Who :dunno: will have oversight powers, not specified
What :dunno: did NK give up?
get the picture yet???

tRump got NOTHING and gave them too much.

Clasping hands and forecasting future peace, President Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un committed Tuesday to “complete denuclearization” of the Korean Peninsula during the first meeting in history between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader. Yet as Trump toasted the summit’s results, he faced mounting questions about whether he got too little and gave away too much — including an agreement to halt U.S. military exercises with treaty ally South Korea.

Kim Jong Un makes those guys posing with McCain to be choir boys, I'm sure McCain either didn't know who was dropping in for a photo-op, or was trying to negotiate something.

But vta, to throw up a picture claiming 'Cool Story' and having zero story & zero references is akin to yellow journalism. Please expect me to be 100% skeptical on a BS approach like that, I DO NOT drink koolaid bro, stop trying to offer it up!

Gry

Cool story...

What was he doing hanging around with Al Qaeda, White Helmets and the leader of ISIS ? Talking about golf and grand kids?
One would imagine he was serving in the capacity as a liaison officer.

'Boogieman'

I do agree Bush was a bad president, the worst president, worse than Obama and yes im more right wing leaning, bush put our economy in the gutter all for revenge.

Cannavore

Veteran
The national debt almost doubled during Obama's 8 years in power. 10 trillion when he started and it went up 9 .1 trillion. Please stop using national debt as an argument against President Trump. Obama added 90 billion in spending from some of his wasteful and idiotic executive orders just in his last few months of his lame duck year.

Thats usually what happens when you inherit two wars and a free falling economy that was hemoraging hundreds of thousands of jobs a month in bushes last month(s) in office.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Please stop using national debt as an argument against President Trump.

I don't blame DJ Trump this is a Republican operation 100%. Even Kansas eventually figured out high minded platitudes don't pave roads. Maybe you're from Oklahoma. Not that this is personal but I can just see you old and not as secure as you thought you'd be, first in line to vote for someone vowing to eliminate social security medicare and medicaid this session and of course taxes on the rich who do so much for us, if it hasn't already happened. Because it seems like a lot of Republicans vote against their own interests and especially their kids, only because someone owned by earth-rapists is selling guns, god, voodoo economics and other lies.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool story...

h81G5pK.jpg
ooooooopsie!!! I'm calling bullpoop here!!! Jesus Christ almighty vta, have you no shame??? This IS after all the day of the internet. Couldn't YOU have checked with SNOPES first to verify your own poop???
One would imagine he was serving in the capacity as a liaison officer.

never mind that bro, it turns out that vta is a world class liar, pulling (as usual) the TYPICAL conservative tricks by throwing up bullpoop facts & attempting to skewer reality.......

Trying to skewer the reality of:
tRump met with nefarious Russians before, during, and after his election, now THAT's a taste of reality!

rmJ9GOk.jpg

I contacted SNOPES today and they told me that I should tell you to shove that theory/story up your butt! They actually told me that!!! here's a screenshot from SNOPES, they said that it might help you to ADJUST back to REALITY if you saw it for yourself.

20lCn5V.jpg

ANY OTHER CONSERVATIVES FEEL LIKE BRINGIN' A BAG OF LIES TO THE TABLE???

This (poorly executed) attempted trick was sponsored by someone claiming to be on the side of the conservative right. Be careful of who you trust.

Last edited:

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Obama will go down in history as the greatest President to Ever Live in the Modern Era...

Unlike Dotard... Obama and NutjobYahoo hated each other ... all this non-sense everyone argues about it pointless.... its all about ISRAEL and Obama told them to suck a Kosher Pickle his last year in Office ...HATERS are blind by this ZIONIST RIGHT/LEFT game..

In the Middle East its called Sunni vs Shiite...Bloods vs Crips.... Surenos vs Nortenos...etc...behind everyone not uniting against the common enemy is always ISRAEL

packerfan79

Veteran
Obama will go down in history as the greatest President to Ever Live in the Modern Era...

Unlike Dotard... Obama and NutjobYahoo hated each other ... all this non-sense everyone argues about it pointless.... its all about ISRAEL and Obama told them to suck a Kosher Pickle his last year in Office ...HATERS are blind by this ZIONIST RIGHT/LEFT game..

In the Middle East its called Sunni vs Shiite...Bloods vs Crips.... Surenos vs Nortenos...etc...behind everyone not uniting against the common enemy is always ISRAEL

Their is no way possible that Obama even makes the top 20 presidents. He might be ahead of Andrew Jackson.

Again you and your anti-Semitism runs rampant. Your hero Adolf would be so proud of your genocidal hatred. I was quite proud to see your countrymen chanting death to Palestine. Even people in a repressive regime like Iran know that Palestinians are sick and twisted terrorists.The Iranian people are sick of the government spending millions funding terrorists, while the Iranian rial plummets in value.

I have a serious question fro you storm shadow. Do you support the Iranian Regime, or do you support the Iranian people? You can't support both.

W

Water-

Their is no way possible that Obama even makes the top 20 presidents. He might be ahead of Andrew Jackson.

Again you and your anti-Semitism runs rampant. Your hero Adolf would be so proud of your genocidal hatred. I was quite proud to see your countrymen chanting death to Palestine. Even people in a repressive regime like Iran know that Palestinians are sick and twisted terrorists.The Iranian people are sick of the government spending millions funding terrorists, while the Iranian rial plummets in value.

I have a serious question fro you storm shadow. Do you support the Iranian Regime, or do you support the Iranian people? You can't support both.

Free Palestine!!!

how do you know what people in Iran think?

Semitic is a language group.

Arabic is a Semitic language.

you are brainwashed

packerfan79

Veteran
Free Palestine!!!

how do you know what people in Iran think?

Semitic is a language group.

Aramaic is a Semitic language.

you are brainwashed

Palestine is a TERRORISTS STATE . You are brainwashed.

So you know what the Iranian people think. Not likely, the Iranian people don't watch CNN , and MSNBC like a bunch of brain washed leftist. They are living in a country run by religious extremist, leftist dream of running a country the way the Mullahs do. Fortunately American was founded by men who foresaw, that tyrannical rule was never far off.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

British PM Neville Chamberlain holding up the Munich Agreement: Germany will not wage war against France or the UK. We all know how that went.

UTSj5gr.gif

and tRump shaking hands with Kim Jong Un, a man who has executed friends, family members, his own military leaders (&family at that!) and has executed and imprisoned tens of thousands of his citizens in forced labor/concentration camps. Except for not invading his neighbors (S Korea, China, Russia) Kim Jong Un seems a lot like a modern day Hitler, the devil.

This is who tRump trusts??? Would YOU take him for his word???

plVqVlH.gif

and then to top it all off, trump salutes one of the NK generals.

be careful of who you place your trust in these days.

Vote in November.......