What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help in flowering !!

Geelive

So I've been growing this unknown seed since late January and this white widow since early March and I was wondering if they were ready for harvest.
They've been in 12/12 since April and the smaller one which has been growing since Jan has lost its leafs in an accident so I was wondering if anyone could tell.

Attachments

• 20180613_035355.jpg
    20180613_035355.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180604_012631.jpg
    20180604_012631.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180613_035307.jpg
    20180613_035307.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180613_035606.jpg
    20180613_035606.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20180619_200230.jpg
    20180619_200230.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 15

Geelive

Thanks bro I was thinking about letting them go another week but if now is a good time, what should I do now ? I read online blogs but what is the steps you take ?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I highly recommend reading the https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237 thread it's a doozy but it's helpful.

My personal steps are to examine with a jewlers loupe and cut when I'm about 20% amber trichs. I think some people like more 10% range, it's all personal preference you have to find out what you like best. I cut the branches and hang them from a string across the room for 2-4 days in a roughly 80F 50% humidity room until they stems bend but don't snap. If they straight up snap you are probably too dry, so check them every day till you get a handle for your drying. I then trim the buds off the larger branches and the larger leaves I don't want curing and transfer to quart mason jars. I put a hygrometer on one side and an integra boost 55 on the other of the jar. It's like a boveda and it just keeps the humidity around 55. Then put the jars into a dark, not too cool not too warm area, I store them in my sock drawer in the back. To start check on the humidity daily and burp the jars for a bit in an area that is dryer than the jars. If the jars say 60% and you open them in a room with 80% humidity, you are just gonna make them wetter. Once it seems to settle around 55 stop burping and just let it cure. At this point the longer you wait the better the cure gets is my understanding.:woohoo:

Geelive

Okay well I dont exactly have the money to buy those things, is there a cheap alternative?? And I heard about washing the buds, should I do that or not at all ?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Wow I forgot about this thread my apologies! If you can't swing all that the bare minimum I would recommend is some mason jars and you really should get a hygrometer. It's impossible to "eyeball" humidity and it's very important during the cure stage. I have no knowledge on the washing of weed so I can't help ya there sorry.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I have a hydrometer the one I used for the grow but I cant put it in the jars, or it doesn't matter ?
If it will fit, go for it, put it in there. but you can't use it for the grow while it's curing. I highly recommend a Caliber hygrometer, they are for tobacco and are the best quality and longest lasting I've found and they fit right into a mason jar. https://www.amazon.com/Caliber-Digital-Hygromter-Western-Humidor/dp/B00JXOKQVW
They tend to be more expensive than no name hygrometers, but they are worth the extra cost in my opinion.

Latest posts

Latest posts