What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Archive Seed Bank Thread?

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Purple bong water from purple punch strain

Attachments

• 1554089965485.jpg
    1554089965485.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 43
Dosiface and Rainbow Belts ordered. the rainbow belts for me is pretty exciting. damn stoked to try Moonbow Lineage!!!

(rainbow belts vendor pic)
picture.php

(DosiFace vendor pic)
picture.php

anyone grow out anything moonbow yet? sounds like a super dank and unique flavor.

Last edited:
F

Frylock

I'm waiting for Rainbow Belts in the mail.... if it ever gets here....

JetLife175

Veteran
Reading through this thread really made me think differently about Doc. The gear speaks for itself. I’ve had nothing but great experiences with more than one of his lines but after seeing the condescending nature of his most recent posts, I honestly want to punch him in the fucking mouth. I used to think it was funny, but honestly dude is nothing but a keyboard warrior. He’s the type of guy that needs to get his jaw snapped to bring him out of the clouds and back down to reality. You’re no better than anyone of us, Doc. And trust me I’m not selling woof tickets right now. I’m in Portland quite often and am always down to catch a fade. We can see how much you run your mouth when a real motherfucker is in your face. This internet gangster shit over the years has really worn me out. And you’re the number one prick in that club.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
this has to be one of the more retarded things ive ever seen. Does your bong water usually turn green or something?

LOL, someone else sent me a message saying that post had to be fabricated because they had been smoking weed for years and that has never happend to them. I have been pondering why it turned the water purple myself. I heard purple punch is a really waxy strain and I think that might have something to do with it. But, besides genetics it was grown in an undercurrent system with some custom built led's that have the spectrum tuned to really bring out the anthocyanins. I think the frosty hydro weed coupled with a certain LED spectrum is what did it.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
LOL, someone else sent me a message saying that post had to be fabricated because they had been smoking weed for years and that has never happend to them. I have been pondering why it turned the water purple myself. I heard purple punch is a really waxy strain and I think that might have something to do with it. But, besides genetics it was grown in an undercurrent system with some custom built led's that have the spectrum tuned to really bring out the anthocyanins. I think the frosty hydro weed coupled with a certain LED spectrum is what did it.

any further explain on the last part? :)

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
any further explain on the last part? :)

The attached photo is a chart showing the spectrum that was used to grow the purple punch. Sometimes bits of weed suck through the bong and that may have died it purple.

Attachments

• 20190411_1904231.jpg
    20190411_1904231.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 31

spazspaz

Sometimes bits of weed suck through the bong and that may have died it purple.

I recently got some dried Gelato 33 wet, and it bled purple. I guess “it’s a thing,” typical to purple.

Incidentally, I was very impressed with how the Purple Punch I got from Archive looked while growing. We hear much about the bag appeal—in contrast to the disappointing head—but I was most impressed with the stature/vigor of the plant. But, it definitely did not remind me of Larry, which I grew for a couple years, whatsoever.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has anyone gotten any solid og phenos from the OG lines?

I get nothing but very watered down chemdog smells out of 4 packs of SFV OG x Faceoff. I got 3 phenos that looked EXACTLY like SFV and smelled like it live but when dry have a spot on sour skunk chemdog without the extreme chem or gas smell. Kind of like an ok skunk. 0 taste on any phenos and muted smells for an OG. 2/3 were females. Handed 2 lb's of this to front to someone to sell since I couldn't move it my self due to quality and they handed it back and said, "Dat shit low man. Can't do nothin with it". Someone handed me back a fuckin front...That was a first ever lol. I expected him to at least steal half of it lol /shrug. I was not even in a legal state...Just giving an honest review. The line needs work and the face off needs to be bred out to the point it DOESN'T dominate everything if you ask me...If it keeps going that direction imo the crosses will be as about sought after as Deep Chunk crosses are...I run from it and the white crosses like they are the plague...

SFV to me is the standard bearer of OG's. It is the definition of OG. This is why I bought so many packs. This has stopped me from buying anymore of the OG crosses until they are worked more unless someone can give me alternative cuts that shine through in the cross instead of being battered by the Faceoff. which I am convinced is not OG at this point and just a Chem/skunk pheno (skunk more than anything due to strength of branches).

I got solid OG's from Karma's crosses, phenos you can't tell aren't legit OG in anyway, but avoid the ones with the white in it like the plague...It ruins the taste and smell of OG like Faceoff and Deep Chunk do imo.

The dosidos lines have great phenos with taste and smell from my experience, but the Grape Ape x Dosidos turned out bad as well. 4 packs. I wanted sweet grape jelly. I got one pheno of the packs that might smell like White Grape. None have taste or good smell outside of strong cookie leaners from the lot. I blame Grape Ape completely for this as several other Dosi crosses produced great results with 2 plants I will keep around for years to come.

Does grape ape smell like wine grapes and not what most of us really want when we think Grape? Never bothered with the cut so I don't know...I know after growing those out though that I do not think it breeds well AT ALL and won't ever buy crosses of it again until someone proves me wrong with a sample....

Dosi has some great stuff in it. I commend the breeder on this one. It is ready for prime time. Faceoff has potential if the faceoff can be bred out. As of now I would not pay more than 40 bucks for these OG crosses compared to everything else I am growing from competition and would only run no more than a single pack at a time. I remember him saying he is working these lines so I will be interested again in a few more breeding steps perhaps, but this purchase decision really hurt my wallet not only price of seeds but product produced. 1-2 a pack will look stellar and 1-2 females of 15 will look exactly like SFV in structure and smell while live, but be prepared for a real let down upon jarring if you have ever smoked real deal SFV and Triangle Kush.

chronic82

Has anyone gotten any solid og phenos from the OG lines?

I get nothing but very watered down chemdog smells out of 4 packs of SFV OG x Faceoff. I got 3 phenos that looked EXACTLY like SFV and smelled like it live but when dry have a spot on sour skunk chemdog without the extreme chem or gas smell. Kind of like an ok skunk. 0 taste on any phenos and muted smells for an OG. 2/3 were females. Handed 2 lb's of this to front to someone to sell since I couldn't move it my self due to quality and they handed it back and said, "Dat shit low man. Can't do nothin with it". Someone handed me back a fuckin front...That was a first ever lol. I expected him to at least steal half of it lol /shrug. I was not even in a legal state...Just giving an honest review. The line needs work and the face off needs to be bred out to the point it DOESN'T dominate everything if you ask me...If it keeps going that direction imo the crosses will be as about sought after as Deep Chunk crosses are...I run from it and the white crosses like they are the plague...

SFV to me is the standard bearer of OG's. It is the definition of OG. This is why I bought so many packs. This has stopped me from buying anymore of the OG crosses until they are worked more unless someone can give me alternative cuts that shine through in the cross instead of being battered by the Faceoff. which I am convinced is not OG at this point and just a Chem/skunk pheno (skunk more than anything due to strength of branches).

I got solid OG's from Karma's crosses, phenos you can't tell aren't legit OG in anyway, but avoid the ones with the white in it like the plague...It ruins the taste and smell of OG like Faceoff and Deep Chunk do imo.

The dosidos lines have great phenos with taste and smell from my experience, but the Grape Ape x Dosidos turned out bad as well. 4 packs. I wanted sweet grape jelly. I got one pheno of the packs that might smell like White Grape. None have taste or good smell outside of strong cookie leaners from the lot. I blame Grape Ape completely for this as several other Dosi crosses produced great results with 2 plants I will keep around for years to come.

Does grape ape smell like wine grapes and not what most of us really want when we think Grape? Never bothered with the cut so I don't know...I know after growing those out though that I do not think it breeds well AT ALL and won't ever buy crosses of it again until someone proves me wrong with a sample....

Dosi has some great stuff in it. I commend the breeder on this one. It is ready for prime time. Faceoff has potential if the faceoff can be bred out. As of now I would not pay more than 40 bucks for these OG crosses compared to everything else I am growing from competition and would only run no more than a single pack at a time. I remember him saying he is working these lines so I will be interested again in a few more breeding steps perhaps, but this purchase decision really hurt my wallet not only price of seeds but product produced. 1-2 a pack will look stellar and 1-2 females of 15 will look exactly like SFV in structure and smell while live, but be prepared for a real let down upon jarring if you have ever smoked real deal SFV and Triangle Kush.

My brother grew a valley girl (sfv x face off) clone outdoors that he got from a dispensary and killed it. Top quality for outdoor. He had me take a clone off it in August before it started to flower to hold it for him for the next season.

I flowered it out indoors next to an ancient og that I found out of a pack of seeds.And the ancient og shit all over it. Same exact smell but probably 5 times stronger. Same og look but the ancient has bigger calyxes/bigger buds overall. I smoked like half a joint and gave the rest of the plant to my brother to turn into rosin without ever even trimming it.

My brother grew the clone out again the following outdoor and it killed it again. Straight up pine tar smell.

Looking back I think if I could have done another run with it and got it dialed in I think it would be some of the best I’ve ever grown after seeing what my brother did outdoors with it. There is definitely tons of potential in the face off male. I just wasn’t on my game at that time in my life. And I had a few other bad ass strains like gg4 so I wasn’t into putting more time into it.

I’ve got some secret formula seedlings going now that Im pretty excited about.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for reply. I definitely do not think there isn't potential in the faceoff crosses by any means. Quite the opposite. Lines just need to be bred away from faceoff to the clone only's we are buying these for. Face off structurally and look really seems OG related but the smell is way off in the SFV cross (may not be for others remember I have only grown this og cross from the lot hence me asking others in my previous post what their results are). I just think it needs a few steps. We are all definitely buying the OG crosses to get OG plants that reek of pine, lemon, and gas. I got none. I had a few amazing looking plants just didn't touch the smell or taste. I completely thought I hit the jackpot with one pheno that I could not tell the difference between the clone of SFV and the plant I had other than when it was dry and the sour chemdog skunk type smell appeared over the OG. If I posted pics for you guys you would freak out how SFV this plant looked. Stems, leaves, bud structure, and live plant smell...

By the way there was almost no strong pine in any of my girls when dry. Just hints in the SFV dom phenos but they were few and far between. When I had to cut some of Karmas HA and Bear crosses your eyes would water from the gas and pine. It was that funk, but his were way more worked so comparing two entirely different stages of breeding here.

In short the cuts used were definitely legit no doubt about it to me. Whether face off is related to OG or just an OG that got pollinated by some sort of skunk is still in question for me after drying, but also neither here nor there if at the end of the day the end product ends up being the OG we all know after he puts more work into it.

For now I would just say to everyone wait on the OG stuff for further selections and enjoy the Dosidos crosses. The fact I found 0 faceoff in all the dosidos I popped for the run and nearly everyone was average to elite says a lot. The quality, taste, and smell is there to be found in those crosses for sure. They stood out in my garden against everything else (this was a big run).

The best thing I did with the Dosidos was not freak out over herms...I found nanners on a fewplants and I have 0 seeds at the end of the day in my buds...The nanners hide under the leaves on bottom of the buds. This was no big deal at all at the end of the day. Now if I had any with nanners appearing in mass everywhere those would have been thrown away asap, but I never had anything of that sort.

U

useless.gardens

sfv breeds the strux in lots of crosses. ive never grown valley girl but had sfv for a few years (i have the true cut now). one thing about sfv, imo, it's like she let's the strux pass and then the flavor comes from the male. simple way to put it. seems this way to me every time i run beans with made w/ sfv (as the female). i ran the grimace, didnt really like it. ran through a few packs of the face off & had a super dank pheno for a few years. now, in my stash, i got true colors, overflo, clearwater, & face on fire. 2 packs each. i hope the face off male let's the mothers shine. i dont think doc's face off male is like, for example, bodhi's appy male which made everything it touched badass. & lets be real, you gotta go through some packs to find something good when an og/chem/sour is involved. look how many sick cuts of stardawg are around: pootie tang, guava, illuminatti, #9, kushman's, corey, and some others, i think. for me, not buying into archive right now. got $800 ish from me last year. i like the crosses i got. would prefer dude kept proper stock on packs & stayed off the internet. agree with you 100% on doc's og crosses... if only cause you go through packs too.