What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
:cautious: it's a wonder the shipping companies can stay in business...got one package shipped from 240 miles away which for some reason is in arkansas....so an extra 2000 miles traveled...and the set of all mesh bubble bags are taking over a week to get here from 400 miles away...meanwhile another package is taking a day to get here...
My brother in law just retired from the post office. I asked him a few years ago why it it used to only take a day when mailing stuff across town and now it takes 3 days. His response was great. Apparently they were trying to find ways to streamline business and save a few bucks. So now all mail, even if only mailing across town gets sent 100 miles south to a sorting facility before making it to its final destination.

Drumskinz

Hey fellas, It's pretty rainy this late in the season for my comfort.
Thanks for the thoughts guys, I did initially think they were fungus gnat larvae, but those have black heads, don't clump together, and eventually grow up to be fungus gnats. I have a few rove beetles cruising around, but I haven't seen a fungus gnat in a while, thank God. It's definitely the ones Hammer was talking about. I must have gotten them in my worm bin, and mixed up a batch of soil with it. I added a rounded 1/2t of powdered egg shell to the tops of 8 of the 5x5 pots (to raise pH) and let the rest dry out over night. I'm going to hit them all today, as well as my worm bin with the egg shell. Fingers crossed! Thanks!
The lady bugs were in full force yesterday, with some complaints of bites. I don't think I've ever been bitten by one, and didn't think they did!
I think the ones that bite are called Asian lady beetles…they are are a little more oval in their shape and have a little longer snout and they have an M-shape on their face…
very invasive but do feed on the same stuff as ladybugs

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:back from riding...was a little warm today,but otherwise a fine little ride...25 miles today...

IMG_20221013_143702962_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221013_150150766_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221013_150255363_HDR.jpg

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Morning fellas, I fucked my knee up pretty good two days ago pushing over a hung up tree. I kept bouncing it around in the canopy, and the hinge snapped. It started going toward the power lines, so I gave it all my gusto. I heard a creaking pop and involuntarily collapsed. Thank God the tree was still hung up, or I might've been crushed. I managed to get one more push on it with the knee badly overextended/ sprained(?), and she fell free and clear of the line! I had to get the girlfriend to bring the car around and crawl about 100 yard to it. I spent the whole day on the couch in agony, getting waited on by the ol' lady. I hate being waited on, or asking for help, so this was quite the lesson in humility.
Yesterday, my Grandmother on my Father's side passed at 10:23 am- making me a half hour late to see her go. I had to hobble around a packed house with the girlfriend's Tiny Tim- sized crutch.
She was a great matriarch and the kindest person I have ever had the chance of meeting. She will be missed by all who knew her, but finally reunited with her one true love, my Grandfather. God rest her soul. Until we meet again, Grandma, I love you very much!
Strangely, the knee is already starting to feel better, and I'm able to limp around more and more without the crutch. I've been taking these gifts for granted, and will be conscientious in the future.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just heard from dansbuds son. No bad news. Apparently just starting a little home grow and looking for some of the things his dad had around like gg4 and biesel. I'm pretty sure I can get gg but the others I'm not sure of. Anyone still have stuff from Dan?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just heard from dansbuds son. No bad news. Apparently just starting a little home grow and looking for some of the things his dad had around like gg4 and biesel. I'm pretty sure I can get gg but the others I'm not sure of. Anyone still have stuff from Dan?
i think all i have left is ogkb 2.0

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:
afternoon campers...back to garden chores today...looks like it's gonna rain again this weekend...some desert,next thing you know there will be trees and stuff here,and actual water in the river! madness,utter madness!

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
still have the Blue Dream clone I got from him ..

Ichabod Crane

Veteran

I no longer have any. Dont have any plants right now. Was going to start up again in about a month. Been busy. I tore off and roofed 22 house this summer.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...off to ride in a bit,probably go for a nice little trail ride of some sort,otherwise a few chores to take care of,need to finish getting the bike work area cleaned up and general house cleaning,getting prepped to harvest tomorrow night...looks like rain tomorrow and monday...