What's new

Lots of vapor vith the Volcano but very little effect, wtf ?

BudToaster

Veteran
of course, with a vaporizer, using herb is exactly like using just dry sift, since only the trichomes are vaporized, unlike with a flame that adds many more components to the smoke. torching dry sift doesn't have that problem.

it's a bulk storage problem, no doubt. easier to store ounces of dry sift than pounds of herb.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
I love my vaporizer, I have the extreme q and run it at 370 - 380F on the highest fan speed with a turky bag. I get huge rips and get very medicated. You just have to understand the vaporizer and how it works to get better vapor to air ratio's. I also use waterpipes to get nice long drags of the bags compared to directly inhaling.
I get very high, much higher than if I were to smoke that same amount.
Either way if people want lots of concentrated vapors in a single hit, well then start dabbing fullmelts or oils. This is obviously why dabbing is the prefered method of medicating by so many users.

Vaporizing FTW.

mrcreosote

Veteran
Jeez,
Thank The Gods I'm a fat old lazy bastard. Bong or vape works for me. Different highs to be sure but I'm hard pressed as to which I prefer.

My lungs prefer the vape, no question.

Then again, If I was smoking sift as pure as Senor Skunkmans , I'm pretty sure the advantages of a vape disappear as you are burning exactly and only what you want anyway.
I wouldn't want to risk losing any of that melty goodness trying to fix something that ain't broke.
Be like putting A-1 steak sauce on a perfectly seasoned flame seared ribeye steak.
Why mess around with perfection?

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
If I had sift as pure as sams, combusting it would be the last thing I would do. The flavor you get vaporizing using a quartz glass wand with a 3 hole hot hit bowl or dabbing on quartz/Ti nails far surpasses the caveman smoking on SS screens with a lighter/match/beeline. All prefrence though, I just dislike combustion and love flavor.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Almost, except with herb if you put one gram in a bowl to vape, or put in a gram of resin to vape the results are not the same at all....
Meaning it is maybe 5 times the THC in the resin.
-SamS

of course, with a vaporizer, using herb is exactly like using just dry sift, since only the trichomes are vaporized, unlike with a flame that adds many more components to the smoke. torching dry sift doesn't have that problem.

it's a bulk storage problem, no doubt. easier to store ounces of dry sift than pounds of herb.

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Thanks for the links, I do have the paper and book.
I think that both refer to oral THC metabolites, not smoked.
You are right that I don't like my method of consumption called a "problem" I really believe people should do what they like, even you should.
Enjoy your vaporizor, I suggest them for medical use to patients all the time, and for smokers with problems with smoke.
I am happy you and they are happy with vaporizors, great!
What I don't like is your sly attitude and snide insinuations that I have a "problem" and the solution is vaporizing, that is why I asked how long you have been vaping only? And would of asked what you did before that? For how long?
You don't have to answer me, you have avoided many of my questions anyway, but I understand....
You are used to the shoe being on the other foot, no problem.
-SamS

That's wonderful you can hold air for a long time, want a gold medal? Just joking.

I don't know why you stated that because I was referring to metabolism, not lungs endurance.

Also, here is a study that has shown metabolites effecting tolerance. I can't find the study in depth but, it's a start if you want to learn more on this.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3032669
"A major metabolite of delta 1-tetrahydrocannabinol reduces its cataleptic effect in mice.
Burstein S, Hunter SA, Latham V, Renzulli L.
Abstract

The results described here demonstrate that THC-induced catalepsy in mice can be substantially inhibited by the prior administration of delta 1-THC-7-oic acid, the major metabolite of THC in most species including humans. This raises the possibility that the intensity and duration of action of THC may depend to a large degree on the levels of this metabolite at the sites of action."

Another one from the book, "Cannabis and Cannabinoids: Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutic Potential"

"Tolerance to cannabinoid effects may occur due to pharmacodynamic changes (downregulation and internalization of receptors), or, to a lesser extent, due to pharmacokinetic changes (absorption, metabolism). Down regulation of cannabinoid receptors differs in distinct brain areas and corresponds to the resulting effects. Application of THC over a period of five days decreased specific receptor binding in different receptor sites of the brain ranging from 20 to 60 percent. Since tolerance does not develop to the actions of the acid metabolite THC-COOH (THC-11-oic-acid), some differences in tolerance for different effects may be due to additional non-receptor-mediated effects."

The other reason I think it's this is because when I didn't live a certain way, I found that my metabolism effected damn near everything that gave me pleasure, including cannabis. In fact I remember when I was ultra low in fat, but still working out consistently, I hit a point when I couldn't get high at all. I mean literally one day I could not get high off of herb that did get me high days before. It tripped me out, and I wanted to know what was going on, and I soon realized fat along with aerobics help keep your metabolism going. Resistance training help your body generate more energy so you can get more out of your aerobic training, and therefore a higher metabolism. Just because someone does cardio doesn't necessarily mean they will have a good or strong metabolism. Muscle strength along with diet both play a part. Sweating also plays a part because I learned sitting in an infrared sauna will also help you get higher then normal, and I think it's because you are sweating out your metabolites that effect cannabinoid receptors.

Anyway, I see you are getting sensitive as you usually do when someone doesn't agree with you, so I will stop now before you say something disrespectful, and take this conversation to another place. BYE, BYE.

T

Truthman

Thanks for the links, I do have the paper and book.
I think that both refer to oral THC metabolites, not smoked.
You are right that I don't like my method of consumption called a "problem" I really believe people should do what they like, even you should.
Enjoy your vaporizor, I suggest them for medical use to patients all the time, and for smokers with problems with smoke.
I am happy you and they are happy with vaporizors, great!
What I don't like is your sly attitude and snide insinuations that I have a "problem" and the solution is vaporizing, that is why I asked how long you have been vaping only? And would of asked what you did before that? For how long?
You don't have to answer me, you have avoided many of my questions anyway, but I understand....
You are used to the shoe being on the other foot, no problem.
-SamS

You are funny, you are deflecting my post. You claim you have the book, but ask me what metabolites would do what I suggested. Also, even if it's smoked, it has to be processed by the liver, and other organs, so I think, again, you are just trying to deflect with the conversation.

I went through this with you in the past, but I don't want to go into that because you will use that to ignore the main point of what we're talking about.

I think you are used to being that man with your peer group, and can't take someone not agreeing with you so you get offended. Instead you should look at is a chance to learn more, and be better. The things you are saying about me are really how you feel about yourself and you are projecting your feelings onto me.

Anyway have fun thinking you're the king of cannabis. Yeah, you have access to a lot of it, but you have no idea how to consume it to help you become a better person. The fact that you think you smoked 10 grams of full melt to be real high shows me your system is real weak. If you can't get real high off of half of a gram of full melt and be good for the rest of the day, you have weak nerves and need more to get real nice. The sad thing is you are part of a medical team, and should take the things I'm saying to use to make better choices to help patients because if their receptors become weaker or lower from consistent metabolites lingering in the body, then their whole system may go out of whack since cannabinoids are made in the body to keep a homeostasis, and if they become too low, it may cause a sickness to occur in the long term. I thought it was about bettering the sick, and also enjoying life but I guess I was wrong. Keep getting that money though. Again, BYE.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Claim I have the book? I have it both hardcover and soft.
Well now I can see what the real problem is, it is your attitude about me, I have no problem with people that prefer other methods, yet you seem to know what is best for everyone?
I have zero problem with people having different ideas then me and am happy to learn from anyone, you included. I do find it frustrating that you seem to not really listen to what I say at all. And instead go into rants like-
"I think you are used to being that man with your peer group, and can't take someone not agreeing with you so you get offended. Instead you should look at is a chance to learn more, and be better. The things you are saying about me are really how you feel about yourself and you are projecting your feelings onto me."

Is the reverse also true about things you are saying about me? Or only true for me?

I really can't believe what you think, I am no king of Cannabis and never wanted to be, it is your projection, you have never met me but you know my system is real weak, don't you think you should maybe meet the patient before you diagnose his illness?
You know I have been referring to recreational use, I was clear, but you mix it all up with medical and patients, why do you do that, be honest.
I have smoked pretty much the same amount of resin per day for decades, where is the tolerance problem? If it is there it is very small.
If you want a different smoking regime I respect that, but you seem to have zero respect for my choices.
Remember I was part of the team that introduced the first electrical vaporizor to the world, it was my idea, and I am happy you love smoking vaporizors, but really, give me a break and stop the all but accusing me of I am not sure what? "Keep getting that money though."
I have spent more on Cannabis research then I will ever see in profits, you have no idea of what you speak about, zero.
I do not like having fights on the WWW it is a waste of time and does no one any good.
And I do not understand your anger at me, but I think you are.
Maybe you need to smoke or vape a bit more?
-SamS

You are funny, you are deflecting my post. You claim you have the book, but ask me what metabolites would do what I suggested. Also, even if it's smoked, it has to be processed by the liver, and other organs, so I think, again, you are just trying to deflect with the conversation.

I went through this with you in the past, but I don't want to go into that because you will use that to ignore the main point of what we're talking about.

I think you are used to being that man with your peer group, and can't take someone not agreeing with you so you get offended. Instead you should look at is a chance to learn more, and be better. The things you are saying about me are really how you feel about yourself and you are projecting your feelings onto me.

Anyway have fun thinking you're the king of cannabis. Yeah, you have access to a lot of it, but you have no idea how to consume it to help you become a better person. The fact that you think you smoked 10 grams of full melt to be real high shows me your system is real weak. If you can't get real high off of half of a gram of full melt and be good for the rest of the day, you have weak nerves and need more to get real nice. The sad thing is you are part of a medical team, and should take the things I'm saying to use to make better choices to help patients because if their receptors become weaker or lower from consistent metabolites lingering in the body, then their whole system may go out of whack since cannabinoids are made in the body to keep a homeostasis, and if they become too low, it may cause a sickness to occur in the long term. I thought it was about bettering the sick, and also enjoying life but I guess I was wrong. Keep getting that money though. Again, BYE.

Last edited:

Clive

I agree with allot of what truthman says.since iv slimmed down taken regular exercise at a high intensity and changed eating habits I get allot higher of allot less. Sam I find it interesting what you say about their being no tolerance to cannabis surely people aren't just imagining it ?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Actually I said if there it is very small, but I am sure it exists. I do think it is much worse for low quality herb to start with.
I am happy you slimmed down changed your eating habits and get a lot higher on a lot less, now would you do this if you did not want to? Because someone else told you you had a problem if you did not? Understand?
As for tolerance have you had cannabis that you seem to get tolerance to very quickly? Or other Cannabis that seem to have no ceiling regardless how frequently you smoke or how much so every time you smoke more you get higher? It is the herb or resin more then tolerance, while some or most herb or resin has a limit to how much you can smoke and still get higher, while the very best has zero such limit. With the right Cannabis tolerance is very limited and not really an issue, unless you want it to be. That is why people used to change varieties to keep getting high, not because they had so much tolerance they could not get high, they just needed a different variety and then they could get high, what happened to their tolerance? I think you can see it is not so simple...
-SamS

I agree with allot of what truthman says.since iv slimmed down taken regular exercise at a high intensity and changed eating habits I get allot higher of allot less. Sam I find it interesting what you say about their being no tolerance to cannabis surely people aren't just imagining it ?

Last edited:

Clive

Actually I said if there it is very small, but I am sure it exists. I do think it is much worse for low quality herb to start with.
I am happy you slimmed down changed your eating habits and get a lot higher on a lot less, now would you do this if you did not want to? Because someone else told you you had a problem if you did not? Understand?
As for tolerance have you had cannabis that you seem to get tolerance to very quickly? Or other Cannabis that seem to have no ceiling regardless how frequently you smoke or how much so every time you smoke more you get higher? It is the herb or resin more then tolerance, while some or most herb or resin has a limit to how much you can smoke and still get higher, while the very best has zero such limit. With the right Cannabis tolerance is very limited and not really an issue, unless you want it to be. That is why people used to change varieties to keep getting high, not because they had so much tolerance they could not get high, they just needed a different variety and then they could get high, what happened to their tolerance? I think you can see it is not so simple...
-SamS

I see so the better the herb or hash the less the tolerance makes sense. The weed is pretty bad on the streets of the UK that will explain allot. Cheers

mrcreosote

Veteran
I stand corrected.

Sam Skunkman is right.

If you like A-1 sauce on your rib-eye then pour it on.

I am not a steak nazi.

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
you have to hold it in like 4 seconds or more.. more is better at this time :biggrin:

psyphish

Veteran
I like the volcano best at 6. The vapins from the volcano seem more subtle than other forms. Have seen many a person leave the environment they were vapin in, to be found looking for their keys etc, even though they are in their hands. I think if you feel you are not high, possibly you have some preconceived notion of what the buzz should be and are disappointed when it is not. Vaping is a different mode therefore hits you differently than smoking. Kinda like eating cannabis goodies is different. Good luck. Peace GS

ps. 8 and 9 are too high, puts you past the vaping point and closer to combustion

I don't know man, my Pax 3 gets me stoned just like a good bong hit. I use 220 celsius on my EQ4. I want everything the bud has to give.

Latest posts

Latest posts