What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is the Volcano worth it?

thaicat

"no, suck harder",
"wait, wait, it must not be hot",
"Im sure its going, you'll get one now"
"I don't see anything, Im not sure its working"
"Trust me dude I was really high on this thing yesterday"

That's precisely a screenshot of my buddies and I for about 6 months...Before I put this thing up. I got this on a trade, with no instruction at all. I never found accurate and consistent instruction online, so it was always a guessing game. Somehow, I always knew the vapor should be more less clear...Somehow I could never achieve that effect with satisfying results. I could crank it up and fill the balloon with thick,toxic and nearly black smoke that was a combo of burnt herb and melted plastic...That would get you baked but erased the whole point of a vaporizer...The melted plastic was an added buzz in it's own right, just not very healthy.

After all my modifications, extensive experimenting and patience of a Saint and I'm feeling like that ball player in your video.

Totally new buzz, the herb I've used for the last 6 months, that I'm immune to...Gets me to a whole new plateau.

I would NEVER suggest persons with handicaps use this. Mine has yet to explode in a cloud of smoke, flames and sparks but I don't trust the construction and only leave plugged in when I'm present.

I still believe mis-use is the primary source of dissatisfying results...

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
I have to say I love my Volcano, had it about 2 years and not one problem.
I have to agree on the price, and the other comment about it being like buying a BMW.

But it's like anything else you can buy, do you want to buy somthing you have to replace or something that will last a long time.

I wanted mine so I went and saved for about 3 months,
spending less on lunch and other shit.

Stay safe and high.
........HYDRO......

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I bought myself an Arizer Solo for christmas. It was about $170 with shipping.

It runs on a rechargable lithium battery. Takes a few hours to fully charge if you run it all the way down, but I only do that if I'm going to be away from an outlet for more than 4-5 hours. If you keep it plugged in between sessions, the battery will more or less stay charged. You can get an accessory charger that will allow you to use the unit while it's charging, and another if you want to use it in a car, but it doesn't come with them. (Which is lame.) The unit comes with a 2 year guarantee.

It's about the size of a can of red bull.

(the height of a 12 oz soda can but thinner.)

solo-vaporizer.jpg

Temp Level 1: 50° C / 122° F
Temp Level 2: 185° C / 365° F
Temp Level 3: 190° C / 374° F
Temp Level 4: 195° C / 383° F
Temp Level 5: 200° C / 392° F
Temp Level 6: 205° C / 401° F
Temp Level 7: 210° C / 410° F

There's a ceramic heat element and it uses glass vape wands. You can get little screens to fit them but I haven't bothered yet.

Notice that level 3 is the exact stated THC vaporization temp. I use mine on setting 4 because some heat is lost in the transfer from heat element to glass wand.

I bought a portable vape because I am trying to reduce/eliminate smoking for health reasons. If I have a volcano on my shelf at home and I'm not home.... I'd be back to smoking.

This way, I don't have to smoke, even if I'm out. And I don't smoke/stink up the place wherever I am vaping. Very discrete.

Only drawback is that if you want to use it while it's charging you have to buy a special adapter. That really should come by default.

Last edited:

Max Headroom

Veteran
I took it apart and found a wire loose. Turns out, it ran to the element and had the stupidest electrical connection I've ever seen. Basically, two small prongs push into a a circuit board and only have about a 1/16'' of bite. Another stupid design was how the element was held in place. A long bolt/screw and nut held the element in place. Thing is, it's easy for it to loosen and rotate, which pulls the connection loose.

that's planned obsolesence for you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence
shit should be outlawed...

i have a logitech racing wheel i took apart and i was flabbergasted at how flimsy the main mechanism was engineered. amazing it lasted this long... same with a cheap massage chair i bought - the whole weight was on two tiny welding spots which naturally broke after about a year or two...

i don't think the volcano was built with planned obsolescence in mind.

thaicat

that's planned obsolesence for you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence
shit should be outlawed...

i have a logitech racing wheel i took apart and i was flabbergasted at how flimsy the main mechanism was engineered. amazing it lasted this long... same with a cheap massage chair i bought - the whole weight was on two tiny welding spots which naturally broke after about a year or two...

i don't think the volcano was built with planned obsolescence in mind.

In this case, I feel ''The Fuji'' is/was a fly-by-night scam. Nobody seems to be able to figure out who manufactured it. The overall construction is about as cheap as they could build it and although they claim the warranty will void if you open it up...Nobody can figure out who built it so there is no warranty.

This is what it looks like for those who've never seen it.

http://www.e-vaporize.com/uploads/3/5/5/3/3553616/1499870_orig.jpg?1129591?8396544

T

trem0lo

I got my Volcano used for like $325 around a year ago. It wasnt even used much at all, guy just wanted a quick sale. Thing's built really well and always delivers the same tasty results consistently. It will probably last forever. If you can get a lightly used unit I highly recommend it, but yeah 500+ is a lot to spend on a new one.

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is the Volcano worth it?
The South Koreans sure think so. They've been sharing vape bags with their less fortunate friends to the North for a few years now....

120127_warmsocksnorthkorea.grid-8x2.jpg

L

longearedfriend

img-1._444.jpg

what is the lid for ?

keeping the smell inside the bowl ?

I have used pipes likese these before (With the lid) but I dunno what exactly they are for

I guess it saved weed, since the smoke stayed inside the bowl

what is the lid for ?

keeping the smell inside the bowl ?

I have used pipes likese these before (With the lid) but I dunno what exactly they are for

I guess it saved weed, since the smoke stayed inside the bowl

I always thought these were to keep the weed from falling out while you toked on the road or somewhere away from your couch.

Smunk

I bit the bullet- got the volcano and really enjoy it. No regrets other than wishing it was free, but usually you get what you pay for.

have not used any other models recently so really can't compare, just know the volcano works really well.

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
it's worth if you wan't to use less weed and save more. effect is appreciable if you care about your lungs. it is like drinking wine from the bottle. you lose something but you get better. it is usually firing & smoke addiction which bring you back to bong. fire is beatiful element. you can see it, you can feel it and you can hear it but it can harm you.