What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is the Volcano worth it?

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
And is there a cheaper, nearly-as-effective version of the Volcano?

I want a high-end vape, but $500+ is a lot to spend on a smoking implement. I made my own years ago using a Sears heatgun/etc. but I'm older and more "mature" these days and am looking for something with the whole package. Except I'm cheap. Would love to hear your thoughts.

"I would also like three of your finest, cheapest cigars."

Thanks,
FV

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
"Worth" is a highly subjective word. Better question is: do you want a Volacano? My brother taught me that one years ago. Buy what you want and worst case scenario is bob next door got it $5 cheaper. But, you have what you want at a price you were willing to pay. Settle for less, you get crap, don't have you want and you're out the money besides. Whats all that "worth"?

bobcat1963

Parker Schnobel
Veteran
another vote for the Extreme Q,never tried a Volcano and didnt want to put out that much cash,just in case I didnt like vaping.Would like to try a Volcano though.....BC:)

Calimed

Veteran
I really like my volcano. It was pricey, but consistently delivers. Wish the bags weren't so loud tho...

I'm curious about the new hand-held one that is coming out for ~$300:

plenty-detail.gif

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
i have nice glass pipes, (quite a few)...a cpl expensive glass bongs, i have a silver surfer vape.....

...funny thing is i pretty much only use my old chrome metal pipe w/ lid....i know it sounds retarded, but i don't smoke much...and it's convenient .....plus i can take small hits on the go and not reek like weed.

like this:
img-1._444.jpg

Max Headroom

Veteran
i have a volcano but no experience with other corded vapes.

the cano is an excellent machine - very very low maintainance and the high is just fantastic. the first bag tastes like heaven, too.

i've owned it for ~5 yrs, daily use, and only had to replace some screens once (after 4+ yrs).

the efficiency is also exceptional... basically twice the high with half the weed...

JOJO420

Veteran
If your gonna pay $500, then the answer is no. You can get two different high quality vapes for the same coin. Try n find it cheaper.

C

cyber echo

Short answer, yes its worth it, but note that I paid like 300$ for the classic solid valve, and if you look around more you can get it for that much or even less.

I use it all day long, daily, no hiccups. Bags are always the same. I've used a vapir before, and there is really no comparison in the taste, amount, and overall quality of the vapor.

I was really pondering getting an Extreme-Q (among other units at the lower price range), but after going through dozens of forums I came to the conclusion that the build quality of the extreme-q is gonna be your normal 1-2 year vaporizer after which hiccups will start appearing. Way more reports of extreme-q and other units breaking down, while on the other hand theres tons of reports like Max Headroom's of people using the volcano for 4-5 years heavily on a daily basis with the same consistency of the first vapor bag it blew. I can't comment on this myself since I havn't had it for more than a year yet.. but I've got a good 7-8 months of heavy duty usage (perhaps 2-3 years worth of an average smoke hehe) ?

As for their crinkly stock bags, you can use oven bags which come thinner and produce almost no sound.

yea, i prefer the volcano to the extreme q. i like the valve on the volcano. i don't like having to put my finger over the hole to keep the vapor in. and i know plenty of ppl that bought volcanoes when they first came out and they are still in perfect condition like 7 years later.

Rukind

silver surfer.

I have used volcano,extreme Q, and silver surfer.

I love the volcano, silver surfer is a much better investment, extreme Q isn't all that great.

I may even like the silver surfer more than the volcano. it is an excellent vaporizer.

THC123

Veteran
if you want bags and ease volcano is the way to go

If you want a cheap whip vape that does its job then the extreme q is for you

the extreme q sucks at making bags even though it has the option, the spare parts are chepa an not as nice to use as with the volcano

But in whip mode the extreme Q works really well

The only thing i hate about the volcano is the noise of the bags when you are watching a movie with friends

i wanna buy a Q only for that , to enjoy vaping in silence

the best vaporizer hands down for me is "de verdamper" but i wont buy it cuz it is made of glass and more like a bong so you cant sit bak and chill while holding that

that said this one give me the nicest taste

Latest posts

Latest posts