What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Volcano

my first bag is failing,leaks in the walls are forming after @ 100 refills,no doubt the need for this rigid type plastic is the blame
maybe a hemp based formula plastic could be made to be more flexible while retaining the needed rigidity
more testing will be required of course

I got creases at the bottom of the bag near the mouthpiece, it bends over that point many times when refilling, just before it's full enough to stand still for itself. Hate leaks, damn'em!!

THC123

Veteran
I NEVER re-grind, its not worth it IMHO

like arnold would say BULLSHIT

if there almost isnt any vapor coming of regrind and it is full of vapor again cuz you are creating new contact surfaces

i never use a grinder but keep making it smaller after every bag with my fingers

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
diminished magic + increased inhaled particulate matter + shitty taste vs fresh shit + I grow plenty anyway.
Do your own math/proofs..

I use to regrind, i found stirring the chamber with a paperclip is almost as good, without the increased particulate matter. Once at 4.5, 5, 5.5 or 6 (sometimes both), a stir and once at 7 (again i think my cano is tuned towards the lower end of the temp spec).

Ive recently switched to vaping dry sift with a whip.

too much logic thank you,invades the vap session anyhow

no regrind for me,I have quality standards for flavor to maintain and delicate taste buds

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Volcano

2 full bags then the chamber gets a mix w a psper clip then i can get 1 more 'solid' bag maybe 2...

No regrind. I do use an electric grinder though - love it...

And mine is pretty much perma set at 7 now. Works way better than it did for me at 6.

AGBeer

All of you new vaporists are just so cute!

Ill tell ya what - experiencing vapor for the very first time was a moving experience that just keeps getting better and better. Wait til you spend a decent amount of time vaping then try to combust. Even the tastiest of the tasties taste like shit when combusted.

W

wilbur

guys, I 'm using hemp oil medicinally. vapourising point two five of a gram at one sitting in three doses/hits. having trouble vapourising whole 'hit' although my vape is turned up to 400.
I am loading each third of a dose onto a brass screen which is inserted and then sits against the screen fixed in the whip. understand all materials have to be hot before vape can occur so extra screen means extra temp required ... yes?
what say you experts?

it's in the song:
"don't tell me about your law and order,I'm trying to change this water to wine
love them long time too

I've read an absorptive base could be use in a case of oil vaping,maybe a piece of unbleached muslin would be a fix

BerndV

I've been vaping for years and never bother to regrind. I already grow more weed than my friends and I could ever possibly use so why bother?

guys, I 'm using hemp oil medicinally. vapourising point two five of a gram at one sitting in three doses/hits. having trouble vapourising whole 'hit' although my vape is turned up to 400.
I am loading each third of a dose onto a brass screen which is inserted and then sits against the screen fixed in the whip. understand all materials have to be hot before vape can occur so extra screen means extra temp required ... yes?
what say you experts?

In my opinion the volcano is best for herbs..... not oils. For oils i highly recommend something like http://www.glassdistrict.com/forums/f63/hashmasta-kut-ti-pad-curves-available-now-5542/

On a side note, here is a link to the official volcano thread
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=200798
:laughing:

thanks for the link JohnnyHopkins
the bag in use with a few microleak holes shows no sign of progressed deterioration with hours more refill cycles completed,actual total usage time is the interest,noted maybe overzealous bag stretching when doing a max load inhale could be partly responsible for the bag condition
fullfills the quick and easy operation requirements that I simply must insist I need in my demanding,grueling pace participation
I'll soon have a good user knowledge of Volcano

THC123

Veteran
so why bother?

well i guess some people like to waist shit

i also have a fairly big stash that i could never finish in 2 years

still i alwasy make 4 bags and regrind

plus the taste and effect get betetr if you regrind and the high so thats why people should bother , you dont jave to use a grinder , just use your fingers

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Volcano

Use you fingers?
You cant get the material very fine... I cant anyways.
I have friends that prefer to use scissors to make the material finer...
Ive always found the finer the material in the cup the better the vape...
Whats your fingered material look like?

Calimed

Veteran
Lately I have been using a 2-3 foot bag for 2-3 bags. First at 7, second at 8. Sometimes I start at 6, but 7 seems to be the sweet spot for me. Never regrind, but stir in-between bag with a chop stick.

AGBeer

Regrinding affords more surface area for air to pass over, and tends to extract a wee bit more of the higher temp canabinoids getting a bit closer to couchlock.

That said, about the only vape I crush and revape is with my MFLB. SSV gets a stir. Zap gets love.

my interest in the grinder has lead me to commit to a 3.5" Case logic one,maybe an electric like Greyskull sports in the mix later
here again I make the rare indulgence and got the more expensive one,really a very value conscious person

I find vaping the same chamber load as many as 7 to 8 times,this AK seems to make a lot of potent vapors,is common place

Latest posts

Latest posts