What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Volcano

I will have one soon from the Storz&Bickel web site and have zero usage exposure
the classic with easy valve was my choice and have so far found info on temperature setting advice(start at 5 and don't go above 8) and an instruction video on transfering the easy valve to another capture bag
a pretty big price but if my herb taste improved at all I'll rationalize the investment some how
a few days from a shabong to vap comparo,I'm pretty excited

well I have a new treasure,this is a wonderful smoke system
the taste improvement is noticeable and easy to use is nice too
I like the bags but I am going to do some diy whip test and the vap unit to water bong method a go
now just to keep it and me fed
thanks

big twinn

Veteran
shoulda got the V-tower extreme...just as good as the volcano, digital, remote and it has a bag/whip/bong attachments all GonG. just dropped my bag attachment and shattered it. very sad=( so im using the whip as i talk...deeeeelicious bubba-kush! Ill have to reorder the bag glass piece, but they have good customer service and pricing. the volcano sounds nice, enjoy it!;)
BT

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
congrats on the vape. welcome to the dark side. might want to get a dedicated whip such as the silver surfer to go along with it

I am liking the vap delivery and the SSV looks like another nice unit also the HerbalAir I've read about has some nice feature assets options,my resource manager has tentative plans to test other models

I'm already noticing how my sinus cavities are moistening and flowing better

tokatronic

No worries, man. You will quickly learn that this is one of your best buys ever.

When your out of stock and can't get any more or don't have the money, it's just to turn up the temperature and you can puff on the duff. Or be smarter than I was and make edibles with it, or make extract of it.

Oh yeah: and the best part: if your out of weed, and need to chop it of your nearly finished plant: it's like taking a hit of a jungle. Awesome.

I need to research some butter recipes for sure
I have the heat set at what I've read to be a high range(7.5),my lungs still want the tar and all but I want all I can extract of the taste and potency,the lungs can get over the absence of tar

better circumstance than needing to get by on a cotton wash load

I like it well enough I could almost go all upper case letters in it's reguard

S

stickey fingers

i love my volcano

i love my volcano

aggregatebuzz, great get on the volcano, try 6 and try do go to 4 ? remember the
higher the dial means youre smokeing not vapeing, i have a digital and started
vapeing at 390 and i now vape at 369 :D i have noticed all strains
vape differently its about time and adjustment, that said i love
my VOLACANO ... i especially love for me what seems to be
a more intense heady high and just amazeing canna expereince
:wave: may all youre turkey bags be filled with goodness
RIP DR JAY

I got this one from the Storz & Bickel site,this kit included a carrying strap which would be allmost required equipment for a mobile VOLCANO operator

unless you have very

I figure on dialing down once my tissue get acquainted to the lighter load

tr1ck_

shoulda got the V-tower extreme...just as good as the volcano, digital, remote and it has a bag/whip/bong attachments all GonG. just dropped my bag attachment and shattered it. very sad=( so im using the whip as i talk...deeeeelicious bubba-kush! Ill have to reorder the bag glass piece, but they have good customer service and pricing. the volcano sounds nice, enjoy it!;)
BT

This is a worthless comment on multiple levels...

He just got the volcano.... its in his hands.... why tell him to get something else now?

Second off, its not just as good as the volcano, I can tell a huge difference. The VT-Extreme doesn't hit as nice, and its not as nicely built. You said it yourself you dropped your bag attachment and it broke. I've dropped my volcano filling chamber about 20 times and its never broken.

I agree the Volcano is rugged in it's design and some good material choices and has made a great one to own already,though funding permitted some other design testing is of intrest

dial back down to 6 and it's more fulfilling now at day 1.5 and some usage time,the beating will continue until moral improves

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
volcano = good

have fun buddy. I love my volcano, taste is far superior to smoking, and less plant material needed. and we hope better for the lungs..

if your looking for a vape whip, go to gotvape.com , and order the vapordome for the volcano. sometimes it doesn't load to the site, so you need to contact them to order, easiest way for it to load I believe is to put a volcano in your cart, ( delete after ) and it will say recommended accessories and the vapordome will pop up....

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i hadnt used my volcano for a few years... though ive had it for 5... been stuck on ripping bongs... anyways my friend comes out visits me we break out the volcano he turns the dial up to 7 (its an older model just the dial) and all of a sudden my volcano was working better than it ever had before. i always had it set to 6....
anyways ive only taken a few bong rips since... hitting the volcano on the volcano hahahaha

i got mine with a deluxe hardshell carrying case and a lifetime supply of bags... then the seller stopped carrying volcano products... but i still have the case hahaha. and about 8 more boxes of the german turkey bags.

the volcanos are super durable. the guy i got miy volcano from ran over his with his mercedes... it still worked he sent it to storz and bickel in oakland and they wanted to keep it and use it as a marketing peice... my friend said no and got his back and a better deal selling them instead.

its german engineered. i mean, cmon!!!!

Dudesome

Veteran
haha the mercedess story kicks ass!

I was actually wondering if volcano uses the same amount of product per level of high as bongs do?

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
its true its true!
i think you get more mileage from your buds with the volcano for sure

T

Truthman

aggregatebuzz, great get on the volcano, try 6 and try do go to 4 ? remember the
higher the dial means youre smokeing not vapeing, i have a digital and started
vapeing at 390 and i now vape at 369 :D i have noticed all strains
vape differently its about time and adjustment, that said i love
my VOLACANO ... i especially love for me what seems to be
a more intense heady high and just amazeing canna expereince
:wave: may all youre turkey bags be filled with goodness
RIP DR JAY

This isn't exactly true. Remember thc begins to boil off significantly around 392f and the volcano is 396f at 7 on the knob. It's the essential oils that give the taste that vape at lower temperatures and if you start at a high temp you burn a lot them and that make add some of carcinogens associated with smoking but if you start low then go high you prevent this happening.

Also, some of the cannabinoids vape at a much higher temperature than leaving the knob at 6 such as Caryophyllene which vapes at around 460f but you will still get some if you go to 420-440 even if you go lower but the higher temperatures give more obviously.

The volcano keeps a stable temperature and combustion won't happen at least I never heard it happening. Just make sure you start low then go high to get the highest, the tastiest experience and keep toxins from being created. Try to keep the bag small so you don't dilute the vapor with too much air and make sure you grind the herb real good and spread it out evenly for the best extraction of chemicals and having dense vapor.

Have fun.

BTW, Dr.Hornby did a test on temperature and thc using the volcano and found the same results. Check it out:
https://www.greenpassion.o r g/inde...ents-on-with-the-volcano-temperature-setting/

"Now we go to level 8. Immediately, at bag 1 all the THC is decarboxylated and roughly two thirds delivered.
And at bag 3 80% of the activated THC is gone. So once again we make the observation that a level setting of 7.5, or above, is required for 3 bags to deliver activated THC. Lower settings, indeed deliver active medicine in the form of terpenes and aromatics, essential oils long know for therapeutic properties. I have often thought this is where the euphoric experience of cannabis lies in these, also prohibited, oils."

Remember a vaporizer will give amazing results when done right but if not done right you may not like it and turn others away from it so get a little knowledge and techniques and enjoy the new world of being blazed.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
I think the classic volcano's (non-digital) vary as far as temp settings go. I see all kinds of people say start at > 5.5-6. The best pheno's i grow light up my bags at 4.5, by the time i get it up to 6, most of the vapor is gone.

I normally try to get 4-5 bags out of a 'chamber pack'. I can get a balloon at 7, but its normally real stoney, and id prefer a fresh chamber.

So... Ya just gotta experiment with yours; mine seems to be tuned to the lower end of the spectrum.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Volcano

I totally agree w you doc about the temps variing on the older single knob models. I used to run mine at 6 because thats what the dude i got mine from recommended - it worked but never as well as his...
But now its at 7 and its just like it should be.

How big do you guys go on the bags? Ive got mine enough for 3 huge hits... about 20". Ive had 6/7 hit bags that were 30" those are fun but i think 3s the sweet spot