What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

toxic masculinity

Gry

Not really, a few veteran marines I know it was their job to raid opium/heroin manufacturing sites in Afghanistan and they have SD cards full of the carnage that ensued

back in the days of silk road all of the gmo'd to be extra potent pharmaceutical opium was coming from Spain, the listings literally had a warning that it was basically super opium

realistically U.S. pharmaceutical companies have their own private land where they grow it, maybe even greenhouse/indoors
Try an entire island. Wish I still had the link. Ran across a real interesting article on the company behind oxycontin and how they have a modified poppy plant that they have grown for them on a contract basis on an island in the Southern Hemisphere.

Gry

roflmfao hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

look what youtube recommended in my feed lmao.....

James Brown - It's A Man's Man's Man's World 1966

[youtubeif]7rq9OvaJyRc[/youtubeif]

he'd be cancelled today for sure.....
I got a chuckle out of that !
He was an aficionado of PCP.
Seriously, talented man, and very unique.

Brother Nature

Try an entire island. Wish I still had the link. Ran across a real interesting article on the company behind oxycontin and how they have a modified poppy plant that they have grown for them on a contract basis on an island in the Southern Hemisphere.

It's in Tasmania, off the southern coast of Australia. Recall reading a few articles about methods of production there and the scale of it, the use the whole poppy dried and not sliced (think making poppy tea, but on a industrial scale) to produce a larger amount of crude extracts, but hadn't heard of any modified poppies. Would make sense though, breed a poppy that produces more Thebaine and you have more weight per harvest to synthesise oxy from. Boggles the mind that someone like El Chapo will spend the rest of his life in jail, when the people behind Perdue Pharmaceuticals only lose money...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Boggles the mind that someone like El Chapo will spend the rest of his life in jail, when the people behind Perdue Pharmaceuticals only lose money...

their profit margin took a lick, but you can bet they made money, not lost it...i wonder what their average yearly profit margin for the last ten years comes out to? bet i could live on it...

Gry

It's in Tasmania, off the southern coast of Australia. Recall reading a few articles about methods of production there and the scale of it, the use the whole poppy dried and not sliced (think making poppy tea, but on a industrial scale) to produce a larger amount of crude extracts, but hadn't heard of any modified poppies. Would make sense though, breed a poppy that produces more Thebaine and you have more weight per harvest to synthesise oxy from. Boggles the mind that someone like El Chapo will spend the rest of his life in jail, when the people behind Perdue Pharmaceuticals only lose money...
Thank you most kindly, as I recall, the modication was accomplished by dipping them in a solution as small plants.
Any application of morality in our society becomes challenging.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
If, before El Chappo had been captured, I had seen him put Sean Penn in a barrel of acid, it would not have hurt my feelings..