What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I should have taken up golf

Super Chill

Hi, I'm new to bho cls extraction and could use some help. When I first started growing I knew nothing, lost my partner early on and felt like I was in way over my head. Similar circumstances, and that same feeling, have brought me back to this invaluable site in the hopes that, like over a decade ago, it's amazing braintrust can once again save my ass.
About 6 months ago a friend of mine with shared interest asked if I would like to partner up on an extraction rig. I didn't really have the capital but because he had an available spot at his Warehouse and he would split the workload I felt I had to take a chance. A business acquaintance of mine had the basic parts to a bhogart system for sale, 12 x 12 pot, 4x36 material column, 3x48 dewax column. No hoses, only three valves, one gauge. We should have gone with the turnkey system but my partner insisted. it was my task to purchase everything on a budget. I had no idea what I was getting into, my BHO knowledge is all theoretical and now I have to configure a system, and stainless steel is so fucking expensive! Two months later, we had enough of the parts to assemble an operational active set up... he has second thoughts and backs out. So over the last few months I've had more parts and hoses arrive and the configuration has been in constant flux. My limited HVAC knowledge has helped me more than any of the open blasting I did 10 years ago. Anyway enough backstory I'll get to irrelevant facts; My equipment and configuration (retarded stainless steel stepchild)
A. 12" pot w/ platter
B. 4x36 MC
C. 3x18 practice MC
D. 3x48 dewax
E. G5 twin... I know
F. 3x18 sieve- round caps w/ shower heads and 3a desiccant
G. 60'x1/4" SS coil
H. One 50 lb tank and two 25 lb tanks
I. Fittings, valves, manifolds, filter plates and so on.
I was told that I would have better flow with half inch as opposed to 3/8. So I have mostly quarter inch and 1/2 inch valves and hoses, but a handful of 3/8 valves and hoses.
My thoughts were to use a manifold and bypass to help with flow and reclaim and that configuration has gone through many changes.
Initially the 3" lid for my practice material column had two 1/4" ports and I used one to flood and one to vent. I just recently purchased a lid with one 1/2" port in the center that I now use for flood and vent. The bi-directional flow is much better now, and it seems to dry out the material column faster. I now have the low side manifold (column vents, vacuum pump access, bypass to the high side manifold) connected to the pot separated by a butterfly valve, and the high side manifold ( top flood, liquid from tank, vacuum access, bypass to pot, coil bypass, liquid from coil) connected to the bi-directional port. The third port on the pot lid is only used for the filter drier.
I am constantly reading and now I'm acquiring hands on experience but it's been quite the learning curve. I'm so glad I bought the 18in practice column. I've gotten better and the system seems to run better, but I'm still not consistent.
1. The problem I seem to be having lately is when I remove the platter and begin to pour off it darkens considerably. I'm using 150 mesh gasket screens and 25 micron silk screen in the filter plate. I had 2 new three-way valves that leaked on the last run, I wonder if I may have gotten contaminants in the system or in my recovery tanks.
2. I'm also wondering if I screwed up in trying to have more versatility with the manifolds and forgot the old KISS rule. I like my system, it's a Frankenstein for sure, but that makes it unique and endearing. There are so many styles, so many great ideas and advice, 100 ways to skin a cat, 99 of those ways are better than mine, at this point my head hurts and I'm broke. I probably should just sell this thing and go play golf!

Super Chill

Obviously my last run was sloppy, I just found what looks like poppy seeds or something in one of my dewax filters

Attachments

• 1526629758036850143904.jpg
    1526629758036850143904.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 18