What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Mother's Light (Malana Cream x Purple Kandahar x Egyptian x Pakistan)

5 month cure

Pungent and spicy, smells of leather, incense, and savory meat. Strong but mellow, with a very clear headed effect and great body relaxation. Happy, and easy going, the Malana Cream has always brought a crisp clarity and soul soothing effect 🙏🏼

🌸Jai Maa🌸
They look good!

How'd you find the seeded cob, compared to unseeded? I know brother Tangwena says he prefers them and if I remember correctly, others have too.

If not quite been able to bring myself to letting my girls get seeded, but maybe it's time to take another leap of faith? 🙏

Baba Karuna

They look good!

How'd you find the seeded cob, compared to unseeded? I know brother Tangwena says he prefers them and if I remember correctly, others have too.

If not quite been able to bring myself to letting my girls get seeded, but maybe it's time to take another leap of faith? 🙏
I greatly enjoy seeded herb, it adds a certain vibe and effect to the finished product. It’s hard to describe but it feels more complete to me in a particular way. Although, I am always breeding and furthering the lines I work with so seeded herb is always present. 🙏🏼 I remember DJ Short also mentioning that he prefers seeded bud for similar reasons.

Baba Karuna

@Baba Karuna Another amazing example. The organic shape, colouration, and seeded makes for a real authentic look and likely effect. Wow
🙏🏼 my cobs are always different because I usually grow heirloom corn and the husks are always different sizes, shapes, and colors. It’s been a lot of fun growing the corn near the herb and letting their energies mingle from planting to harvest 🥰

Tangwena

Veteran
Mulanje from 2019

IMG_0157.JPG
1576711654677.png

Ready to age

IMG_0149.JPG
IMG_0158.JPG

Some time later

IMG_0322.JPG

Then today fresh opened bag ha ha.
I've had it in my hip pocket all day enjoying the aroma Lime, Port wine and sweet musky pine.
Rushing tripped out bliss no paranoia more a desire to live in the life before your eyes its wildly positive like black bombs ha ha.

img_6351-web.jpg
img_6350-web.jpg
img_6352-webh.jpg

img_6351-webg.jpg

Baba Karuna

Mulanje from 2019

View attachment 18977925 View attachment 18977924

Ready to age

View attachment 18977923 View attachment 18977922

Some time later

View attachment 18977921

I've had it in my hip pocket all day enjoying the aroma Lime, Port wine and sweet musky pine.
Rushing tripped out bliss no paranoia more a desire to live in the life before your eyes its wildly positive like black bombs ha ha.

View attachment 18977927 View attachment 18977926 View attachment 18977929
View attachment 18977928
Wow 🤩 well done brother 🙌🏼 absolutely stunning 😍

Om Namaha Shivaya!

mike-or-ozzy

Mulanje from 2019

View attachment 18977925 View attachment 18977924

Ready to age

View attachment 18977923 View attachment 18977922

Some time later

View attachment 18977921

View attachment 18977927 View attachment 18977926 View attachment 18977929
View attachment 18977928

Beautiful colors @Tangwena , I like the corn husks but not in season here. I believe it adds to the effect like you and @Baba Karuna say, nice work guys. Keep em coming brother cobonauts!

Tangwena

Veteran
Some close up macro shots of matured cob resins.
Note the many different colors and maturity of the resins. All were clear or cloudy at the start of the cure.
pict0003-web.jpg
pict0006-web.jpg
pict0010-web.jpg
pict0011-web.jpg
pict0012-web.jpg

These last two shots show the crystal "bloom" that develops in the older aged cobs.
I like to call it angel dust as it indicates to me a fully matured and aged cob with the best clear highs.
pict0017-web.jpg
pict0014-web.jpg

Baba Karuna

Some close up macro shots of matured cob resins.
Note the many different colors and maturity of the resins. All were clear or cloudy at the start of the cure.
View attachment 18979787 View attachment 18979788 View attachment 18979789 View attachment 18979790 View attachment 18979791

These last two shots show the crystal "bloom" that develops in the older aged cobs.
I like to call it angel dust as it indicates to me a fully matured and aged cob with the best clear highs.
View attachment 18979793 View attachment 18979792
Look at those crystals! 🤯🤩😍🥰

StickyBandit

A little update from over a year ago

Monthly quality control check
This is what a 0.5kg of Killer A5 Haze looks like on a breakfast tray. You can see one was not even rolled, just a 4oz bag of weed straight into the vacuum packer :p
It varies from 1 to 2 months down with all the stalks intact this time. Not next time.
Some was 34°c for 24 hrs one time and some has been in the incubator twice. Just because :)
Some of the bags were completely dry and after trying some older KA5H cobs decided to compress them all and warm them up in an attempt to get the ferment started. It seems to work OK even after the weed has been properly dried and already a month or two cured in the jars
All the cobs smell strong of fermentation so the level of dryness doesn't seem critical to get the process started
View attachment 18805717

Here's one of them, 130gm chunk, I think the one on the right or the bottom one, now at about 14+ months, a little 1oz chunk for a 21st birthday, and some crumbs for us moving like they're alive :p I didn't realize my fingers were so dirty!
It's so fumy and a sour herbal aroma hanging in the air, and there are grease spots where I cut it! Had to peel the bag off it!

1711663110604.jpeg
P1030340.JPG

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
A little update from over a year ago

Here's one of them, 130gm chunk, I think the one on the right or the bottom one, now at about 14+ months, a little 1oz chunk for a 21st birthday, and some crumbs for us moving like they're alive :p I didn't realize my fingers were so dirty!
It's so fumy and a sour herbal aroma hanging in the air, and there are grease spots where I cut it! Had to peel the bag off it!

View attachment 18980138 View attachment 18980139
Very nice.