What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

453 OR BUST! What fert do i need?

moondawg

Im hoping some of you experienced guys will pitch in and advise me on the bloom fert i need.

I have 4 plants uder 1000 above and 500, (2-250's) shining up from below for a total of 1500 watts in my 4'X4" grow box..

Im looking to harverst 1lb= 453 grams, which means i have to harves 4 ozs per plant. They are planted in 7.5 gallon pots. They just just fininsh stretch and are 48" tall and have bee lst'd and topped at every opportunity and have many tops and are healthy and dense.

What bloom fert will produce? Ive read about "Bloom enahancers". What is that?

Help me guys. I got to get 4 ozs per plant. 2 og kush and 2 Darkstar.

I wouldn't count on any specific fertilizer to get a big yield. I would count on veg time, experience with said strain, experience in general, genetics, temperature, humidity, co2 levels. If all of those are great then there is so many different ways you could go with nutrients and everyone will recommend something different. We can all agree on those factors that I listed out though. Asides from that I would use pure blend pro, molasses, liquid karma, and an occasional drench of hygrozyme. Bloom enhancers may work but I feel like you can taste it. If anything you give up some flavor for yield. My friend does 44k watts and pumps out good weight like 2 pounds a light but his weed tastes like do do butter! Also, I think I would be more likely to consider a bloom enhancer in a hydro setup than soil. Hope that was helpful!

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
I wouldn't count on any specific fertilizer to get a big yield. I would count on veg time, experience with said strain, experience in general, genetics, temperature, humidity, co2 levels. If all of those are great then there is so many different ways you could go with nutrients and everyone will recommend something different. We can all agree on those factors that I listed out though. Asides from that I would use pure blend pro, molasses, liquid karma, and an occasional drench of hygrozyme. Bloom enhancers may work but I feel like you can taste it. If anything you give up some flavor for yield. My friend does 44k watts and pumps out good weight like 2 pounds a light but his weed tastes like do do butter! Also, I think I would be more likely to consider a bloom enhancer in a hydro setup than soil. Hope that was helpful!

Thats it! Except for I always use an big bud and bud candy tou can easily use molasses instead of bud candy but I think big bud cant really be replaced.

Ive used it for years done side by sides and it makes a huge difference and with a good flush there really shouldnt be any taste there.

If your going "organic" you will want to flush longer than using chem ferts as the organic nutes take a bit longer to flush out and prevent that harsh flavor "doo doo butter" or otherwise.

A

AlterEgo860

you should be able to hit a pound with the 500watts alone man.. really. I just hit a pound on a 400w.

moondawg

Fella's im just hopin for a good all purpose bloom fert. Yes, i grew my first outdoor crop in 69 and my first indoor in 97 so i had taken the many other considerations offered as a given. Im well aware of those aspects. A good bloom fert is my only need..

Just one good well balanced bloom fert that perforrms well. I dont want to mix anything. When i look on the shelf, there must be 20 differnt bottles of bloom ferts. If i knew which of them performed well, Id buy it and go home happy. Any insight?

Skunkenstein

I've ran all brands of ferts, from Peters 20-20-20 to Advanced. The best stand alone nutrient Line for yield, taste, ease of Use, won't burn up plants,ect. Is Botanicare Pure Blend Pro.You can take that to the Bank!

If you run with pure blend pro (the organic dry amendment) make sure it is composted prior to planting. The minerals will not be available until it is pre mixed in the soil for at least a few weeks indoors. I have planted a cover crop with similar need to weed like clover and rice with good results to accelerate the process. Of course you want to follow the mixing instructions on the packet, tailor it to your needs, etc.

supermanlives

Veteran
that's a lot of wattage for a 4x4. an I thought my 1200 in my test tent was a lot., you should get more than an lb with that wattage

moondawg

Supoermanlives, i bet you understand the importance of lighting. I wouldnt even plant with less than 1200 wats per meter. It makes for rock hard buds and more importantly, it makes for stems strong enough thatn you dont have to provide suport fot the branches.

yeah, 4 fems: 2 og's and 2 darkstars. They were veged for about 45 days and were about 20" tall at the flip. They are now about 36" tall and very bushy.

moondawg

JohnnyHopkins, i appreciate the Botanicare suggestion. Im looking into it. Turns out i know a guy thats using it and he sings its praises. Thanx